Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life
So sneek peek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c65QZHx4iYo

Any ideas on what Dean is going to with that thing of gasoline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life

Shindragon posted:

In celebration of the premiere of Season 5, I'm drawing my favorite characters going from Sergeant Hatered, Doc, Dean,Hank, Brock, Shoreleave (SPINX!) and Hunters. Next day or so will be Monarch and the Revenge Society.

Hopefully I finish by tonite

Great job so far! Keep up the good work.

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life
Honestly, I'm kinda hoping that we don't get an explanation on Sargent Hatred's tits. I mean, it's probably due to some meds that he's taking but some of the show's best humor is when they leave things open ended. Like the Monarch's hatred for Dr. Venture (I still think he hates him for some unbelievably petty reason that happened in college that even he can't remember now but still hates him nonetheless).

Anyway, fantastic episode. Am I the only one that thinks Gary and Hank should team up and re launch SPNIX? And maybe it's because I'm a hopeless romantic but I'm kinda hoping that Thalia sticks around and her and Dean hook up for real. The poor kid deserves some happiness in his life. It's only fair. Hank got laid, after all.

And during the credits, I noticed that Nikki and Thalia had the same voice actress, which got me thinking. Did anyone think that Nikki sounded more nasally and mid western-ish than her original appearance? Probably to distinguish her voice from Thalia's but still.

Anyway, I don't really care that this season is going to be 8 episodes at this point. I'm just happy for this show to be back.

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life
I think one of my favorite bits in the episode that I haven't seen anyone mention was St. Cloud getting out of his batmobile by very ungracefully climbing out. Him having a bunch of expensive pop culture memorabilia was a nice touch. And even made better that he often got his dates wrong. Highlander came out in 1986, not 1983. :eng101:

I also noticed that in the preview for the next episode, we saw a lot of Hank but very little of Dean. I think it's easy to assume that Hank goes with Rusty and Hatred to...whatever they're going to while Dean stays behind. So what the hell is Dean going to do while they're gone? Hang out with Gary? Thalia? (if she ever even shows up again).

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life

Ugh, as much as I love Dean's development, he's starting to get a tad insufferable in certain areas. Then again, I kinda admit that I'm starting to get rather defensive over Hatred. It's sweet how he really cares for the boys. And it's also hilarious when an ex pedophile is the better parent than their actual father.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life

theflyingexecutive posted:

Who cares, they got Kate McKinnon back!

Yeah it makes me wonder if Nikki, Thalia, or Dermott's grandma are going to be back or if she's simply their go to for female voices now, kinda like actress who voices Molotov and Sally Impossible used to be.