Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't have any great insights to add and for the most part I've forgotten everything from the most recent seasons because they were, y'know, half a lifetime ago, but I love this show and I hope it just continues forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pretty sure this dude at Slate is a superfan because I think he's written like three articles on the show this season.

45 minute podcast with Jackson and Doc: http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/07/08/venture_bros_creators_doc_hammer_and_jackson_publick_interview_with_exclusive.html

Also a bunch of videos of episode 7 so.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

They just say they really would like to be sued by David Bowie so they could see him in court.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

RandallODim posted:

Mother helped build the wall! Tear down the wall!

Hank's right arm looks to be considerably stronger than his left.

I suppose he's not grabbing the table right in the middle.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think that the show varies so wildly from season-long plots to self-contained episodes to being driven by themes is one of the best things about it. It sort of gives them the opportunity to do whatever they want and not be obstructed by some idea of what the show is supposed to be.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Detail I noticed rewatching the first season on Netflix is that the half-Atlantean in the original Team Venture is a Jehovah's Witness and he lives in Brooklyn Heights, which is where the Jehovah's Witnesses headquarters is.

Does Action Man ever have the stroke that Dr. Orpheus predicts?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I like that the Jon Hodgman character had trouble working with the computer and said he hated the operating system (Brock speaks over this part). I have that same problem with all the windows disappearing when I'm forced to use a Mac. :D

For those of you that don't appear to know who he is:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

Time for more theories that will probably be proven wrong!

The new character, Head Shot, seems like he's being set up to play a bigger role in the show at some point. And this most recent episode all but flat-out said Brock's been sleeping with his "girlfriend" Amber. So my money's on him finding out about it and killing off one of the OSI characters in a fit of rage. Or, since his voice is identical to Professor Impossible's, maybe those two turn out to be long-lost twin brothers and team up in the Revenge Society.

OK look, I'm all for the out-there speculation, but basing it off the very limited voice acting cast is just a step too far.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

No, Brock can.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

^^^
Amelia Earhart Fearless Flyer? Also I dunno, all the lead characters in Sparks Nevada and Beyond Belief and that hobo princess one are sort of defined by their pursuit of whatever relationship.

Man the music on the outro was so touching. :3:

Also, oops, my bad:

epitasis posted:

OK look, I'm all for the out-there speculation, but basing it off the very limited voice acting cast is just a step too far.

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jul 23, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

They did talk about this on the Slate podcast.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

At this point I'm tired of the "tired of the 'show about failure' talking point" talking point.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah don't let me stop anyone from uploading all their VB ringtones and alerts for everyone to enjoy.

Edit: Thanks!
vv

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 3, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I think people are coming around to enjoying just smart, witty people with lots of pop culture knowlage yakking it up. How many podcasts are just that?

Are you being sincere? This is at least the premise of probably 2 million podcasts, with varying degrees of success of course.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Actually, everyone on King of the Hill Owns

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Cacafuego posted:

No wonder I hate king of the hill. I always hear people talk about how great it is, but i never liked it. Also, Seinfeld. Maybe it's cause I grew up hating people from NYC too.

Differences in what people find funny/good is always interesting.

you just have bad taste

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lotta sociopaths on the last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you called texas the midwest they'd tar and feather u for less than that