Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Have we ever seen Doc get excited like this? I think this is the first time in the series he's been legitimately happy.

Needless to say this will end in disaster :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

EatinCake posted:

When they were arguing about being called Sphinx Commander, he also referred to himself as The Viceroy there too irc. Hella callbacks indeed.
It's pretty much his alias of choice, as he used it on the Shallow Gravy special and if I recall correctly when he was writing to Dean's advice column.

It's also a play on the Monarch's schtick

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

A conventional ending where things are wrapped up wouldn't work with the show's Shandyesque realism. The finales of seasons 4 and 5 could have both worked as endings because they're points of transition, but there will never be a moment where the world stops for a minute. It's a radio serial we started in the middle of and will tune out before the end.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I think the one thing that fell flat or didn't bring much to this season was the whole PP/OSI forbidden love thing. Accomplished nothing, then ended with him being brainwashed. Wasn't funny or exciting. Ho hum.

It was funny as a bit gag at the end of season 6 but just didn't translate into an ongoing joke.