Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

Come to think of it, Jonas Venture Sr. poorly disguising himself as a Japanese man in "Now Museum, Now You Don't" might be a reference to the same Bond movie - You Only Live Twice. Except it was even more ridiculous when Sean Connery did it.

Sean Connery awkwardly hunching over to cover the fact that he's a foot and a half taller than every Japanese member of the cast is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Tuxedo Ted posted:

https://i.imgur.com/MWKyzQS.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/8Lb5Y4g.gifv

All the fuzziness and fog in the Joy Can makes things a little tough, sorry that these are even crummier than my usual

A fun scene

And let's get Dean in on the faceplant action since I had the Joy Can running already

Keep the requests coming, folks. Season 2 is fast approaching, but I'll be slowing down a bit as regular weekdays approach.

After just watching the newest episode. The old ones look bizarre

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

I'd totally get it without the head. The Doc Savage logo is dope and nicely subtle. But I can't be an adult walking around with that.

Join a gym my dude. People think it's to get healthy or swole, but it's actually an excuse to wear all those poo poo t shirts you have stuck in the back of your closet without being judged.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

reignofevil posted:

My shirt showed up in the mail; Jonas' head for those keeping score at home. A good time for it too because I'm bugging outta here hurricane style baby

Edit- Where's my Rusty's Machine tho!!!

The exclusive comes with the last shipment

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Makes sense. It's criminal to listen to any song from Dark Side of the Moon without listening to the whole album in sequence. I mean, can you imagine?

I usually skip money, I like the song but not on that album

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You just know some suited prick at AS was like why do we got two shows with superscience. loving cunts adult swim is dead

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm never gonna get another set of t-shirts every week. What in the gently caress am I gonna wear to the gym

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Brock's depression at the boxing gorilla plot is A+ material at least. Funnier than anything in state dinner at least

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Whatever happened to ritchie valens

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Skratte posted:

Awful episode.

Oh no, it was written by Ben Edlund, why. I normally like his stuff.

I mean I see why it feels off, it's the only episode not written by doc or publick, but it's a great episode

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They need to stop chasing that johnny quest 60's 70's nostalgia and hope on the true 80's animated nostalgia train, venture babies.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hughesta posted:

Appreciate James shutting that down, at least. Maybe in another.... year... two years... four....

He wouldn't have shut it down if it wasn't true! Venture bros is back baby!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're gonna be too busy working on the next season, It's coming, I'll never give up.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

pablo gbscobar posted:

Having just heard the news about MF DOOM, I have to say it's a real shame that they never managed to get him to cameo on the show at some point considering how closely he worked with AS during their mid-00s heyday and the fact that he's practically a real-life VB character.

I always felt like DOOM's music shared a lot of the same aesthetic sensibilities as Venture Bros with the way both repurpose silver age comics and mediate a lot on the nature of supervillainy, and it's a real shame that those two universes were never given a chance to collide.

Goddamn that's not the news I wanted to hear. 2020 just had to get in one last gently caress you before it was over.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even at his best he'd be a phantom limb, he has no flair for real villiany like the monarch.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Docs disgusted reaction to her being epileptic always gets me. It just so dumb.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's been a minute since I've seen it but don't the twins pin dean down while stripping. That's pretty horny.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Counterpoint it got us the like a friend montage, which is the best licenced music montage of all time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I was gonna say I heard he was kind of an rear end in a top hat on diamonds are forever, he apparently tried to take all of me.kidds lines. But that was crispin's dad bruce so maybe crispin is fine.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't that the dude who does anime workouts? I wanna see his 21 to two ton 21 transformation workout.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's getting another season. I recommend fear and trembling by søren kierkegaard if you feel yourself doubting.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is clone high actually worth a watch. I've seen a few peeps talking it up, but last time I took goon advice on a cartoon I watched archer and that's some of the least funny matériel ever put on a television

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bro yaz was killer give em a listen

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I feel bad for him, I wouldn't think the phrase "peaked in home movies" would apply to anyone but it sure does for him.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know how you guys can think he didn't peak in home movies, which is goddamn hilarious. When his career highlights after that are an animated sitcom that's blander than plain oatmeal. And archer, which is just nothing but references to past jokes and catchphrases. Dude might be talented but his selection of work is dire

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I had no idea he was an actual actor until a few moments ago. Dude will always be lex luthor and neo cortex to me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Your loving with me right? You're not, what in the gently caress.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That joke is such a good representation of how good venture bros is. How do you even come up with a lyndon johnson lady hawk mashup, just pure genius.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I thought the amazon series was good, but dragging it out to Thirteen episodes was a mistake, having ten or so could've really tightened up the pacing

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

wait, hum. if rusty is a clone from a tank, how did he consume JJ in the womb?

well, plenty of possible answers to that, from “it wasn’t literal, you goober, JJ’s a sentient teratoma who grew inside him” to “Jonas’ first goes at cloning required a surrogate womb,” so I guess my main point is someone bring this show back goddammit

He coulda got brought back after the whole first birth thing, really he would've had to right?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The World Inferno posted:

I can't talk about Venture Brothers, I'm not allowed to speak of it. If I am or am not doing anything with it, I'm sure there's a nondisclosure agreement about it both ways. So all I can tell you now is Venture Brothers was canceled.
:tinfoil:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's the only episode of Star Trek I've ever seen, it baffles me that people take the show so seriously

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Sash! posted:

You may want to check out almost any other episode.

Kesper North posted:

With a sample size of one, that should not surprise you.

I've seen the Futurama episode and the Episode of mad men with the Negron Complex so I think I've got a good understanding of the series

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yes

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

New shirts please

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Andy Warhols regenerate just like manatees do

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's starting to look a lot like many predicted and HBO go is gonna sink the company.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Amazon series was good, but really. I just don't think it needs to be in existence longer than it then now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe there's people without the book. Lad has pride of place on my coffee table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The reaction when Dr V finds out Quymn is epileptic is an alltimer

It's so perfect. Just the sheer disgust on his face.