Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'm hoping that now that Ventures In New York has been established, they start trickling in the old supporting cast bit by bit. We don't need the entire OSI or anything like that, but at least Dermott and Orpheus would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

X_Toad posted:

That's two episodes in a row in which Hank and Dean barely appear... I hope they're not going to leave them hanging like that till the end of the season! They've teased us with the Rusty/clone thing and Hank's feelings of isolation now that Dean is off to college, I hope they come through on those!

Honestly? With the Morphic Trilogy taking up a solid third of the episodes available this season, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a string of lighter episodes and setup, with next season being where things get heavier again. Rusty and The Monarch are getting more competent, the bros are settling into their college and not-college lives, and all the pieces on the board are falling into place to be used later on. Unless the next three episodes break out a ton of surprises, I don't think we're getting another P.R.O.M. , Gargantua-2, or Blue Morpho level plot convergence happening.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, this season has been cranking out amazing episodes every week, it's incredible how consistent they've been. The only one I thought wasn't literally one of the top 10 or 20 Venture Bros episodes of all time was the St. Cloud arch, but he's my least favorite character and you people seemed to love it, so...

I also don't mind that this season doesn't really seem to have much of an arc to it like last time. I feel like they wanted to use this season to wrap up the Blue Morpho arc and then just give us some "slice of life" stuff to drop some hooks for future seasons, like the Clone Rusty stuff. Which is great, because I love Doc and Hammer just getting to play around with their toys and show off more of this weird world they live in.

I'm glad I'm not the only person getting that vibe. Honestly, I think with us already being 7 episodes in, trying to kickstart a major arc now would be a major mistake.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

The Doomhammer posted:

There is the Monarch's rise through the GCI's ranks.

That's true, but I feel like that's mostly a transitional arc, you know? My prediction is that this season's goal is to finally get The Monarch and Wide Wale in position to go head-to-head for Venture's arching rights, because that could easily be an entire season's worth of material on its own.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Remember, a delusional Vaudeville pugilist gets to be a level 1 Arch instead of being told to take a hike. And the Monarch, Gary, and enough change to ride the bus gets to be a level 3. The Guild may be the center of organized villainy in the US, but they clearly use every part of the 10 point scale and play softball super hard.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, there’s some actors that do voice stuff where they have zero range but they fit a certain type of role so well that there’s basically no better casting. H Jon Benjamin, Lance Reddick, George Takei... actually of the people with no range that do VA I think H Jon Benjamin is the only one without a really successful live action career that drove the VA side of things. I remember seeing what he actually looked like after watching the first season of archer and being like :aaa:

Speaking of, anyone who hasn’t heard the story of the time he poo poo his car, look that up.

This is Patrick Warburton erasure.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

X_Toad posted:

I'm not sure he's that good, to be honest ? You start hearing his characters in each other's voice rather quickly, whereas Cheetah Man was the first time I heard the Monarch in another character for Jackson Publick.

So? Literally every Patrick Warburton character sounds like Patrick Warburton, and we love him for it. Not every voice actor's gotta be a chameleon.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

The World Inferno posted:

Would be ok with a season of creepy Pinocchio bullshit

The last season did end with Hank leaving to be on his own, because he has the whole world to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a phase where Rusty at least tried giving a poo poo, that he probably looks back on with a mix of embarrassment and a little fondness.