Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Consummate Professional posted:

He's General Treister's kid specifically.
Does that make him Jake Treister himself? (Was it Jake? I haven't watched the commentary in ages.)

Also, that Atlantean-esque fishman on the boat was one of the obligatory fill-in lame supervillains at some point, right? He looked super familiar but I'm not sure from where.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sash! posted:

The true superfan knows that the Venture Compound is outside Colorado Springs.
Isn't that from the pilot, and therefore not necessarily canon?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"We're amateur lepidopterists."

"You... want to see my stamp collection?"

"Only if we were philatelists. Which we're not. Dick."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SRM posted:

I've watched that episode with at least four different people, and I'm the only person who gets that line every time. For a dick joke it's pretty subtle, and one of my favorite lines that episode.
You should see if the same people get The Alchemist's "I'm very excited about this plan" when he has the minigun strapped to his chest, since I thought those two were about equally obvious.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sash! posted:

Then this "this has never happened before! (paraphrased)" joke when it doesnt work.
I admit, I got that one right away, but it took me a rewatch to get the "very excited" one.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloks posted:

Here.

Let the inevitably wrong speculating begin.
Do we know who the black guy on the left throwing the football to Action Man/Colonel Gentleman is?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Friends Are Evil posted:

Swifty, maybe?
...yeah, probably. Totally forgot he was around in the same time period Team Venture was, for some reason I had him pegged as being after Jonas's death, but Rusty was in college then. I'm just dumb!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tacyak posted:

Did anyone catch that last scene of the episode where Doctor Mrs. My Girlfriend says "I don't get it. It looks like we just blew up...."? I wonder if she was about to say 21?
Could be the thing that Hunter says next, "SPHINX", since they did that with the Hunter/21 speeches earlier?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sash! posted:

GeoTIFF.

Its metadata for encoding geographic data into an image file.

Pete knew this because he's a computer scientist.
I prefer to think that he knew it because he spends sixteen hours a day on the Internet.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BexGu posted:

Well they must be at least doing sort of okay because they have a official arch-villian now from the Guild of Calamitous Intent. (I can't remember if they got one before Saint Cloud showed up).
There's no proof they're even listed as heroes, though. Saint Cloud just threw a briefcase full of money at the problem to make it disappear.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Brightman posted:

Although I remember when it was all very literal and was just old people in a pool...can't recall what was between that and now for whatever reason.

They had those fake safety posters for a while, those were good.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Wha... actually? I thought they were just switching guard duty :stare:
He went in there, there was that long pan over her thighs, and then he took the bag off her head.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Action Tortoise posted:

They probably wanted to know how OSI operates since Treister resigned as well. They snuck Doe and Cardholder in their before but now that Hunter's suspicious of that they're going to have to change tactics.
Did they? I thought Doe and Cardholder were Guild double agents for some reason.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

M_E_G. ADI. K posted:

I can't help but imagine that at least one person has spoilered 'I haven't seen it yet but I want to feel included so spoilering this. Hi Monday-morning goons!'.

But I'm not going to be the one to check.
Not yet, you could have been the first!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bobulus posted:

The rapidly blurring line between her job and her personal life gets her all twisted up inside, which would only be made worse when Rusty apparently started sleeping around and shows up one day with two babies.
He might not have shown up with them. We know he grew clones of them starting at the same time, who's to say the originals didn't spend nine months in a tank too? In which case it'd be pretty easy for her to believe she's the mother, since not giving birth doesn't rule it out.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

X_Toad posted:

Ladies? I still believe Thalia was the only girl in Development Class, or even amongst the interns. And who's to say that he didn't get laid right after that kiss?
They were going to mutate the entire world with the shield, it's a reasonable assumption that there could be more in the future.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

twistedmentat posted:

Someday we'll see story about the guy with a plug for a head or the space invaders guy.
I'm really looking forward to the backstory of the wizard with the '50s sci-fi metal hat with lights on it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Atlas Hugged posted:

He was so close to isolating that dang gay gene.
If it wasn't for all those protestors...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DarkCrawler posted:

Rusty AND Hank. Clearly the Guild works on the principle of ultimogeniture.
Then he'd have had to come to JJ, right? Or did JJ come out "first" because he would have exited his mother when Rusty was only halfway out?

...why the gently caress am I asking this

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Red posted:

The obvious winner would be 21 with "realistic battle damage" (rubbed snack on face).
I hope someone goes whole hog and does Jet Girl with realistic battle damage.

If they win, would it become canon?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SlothfulCobra posted:

I don't think I even see Truckules anywhere, and he's the best background supervillain ever.
I was looking for the wizard with the metal hat with lights on it, he wasn't around either. Kurse was, though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

door Door door posted:

Just realized that for seasons 2-4 they had incredibly epic sounding titles. "What Color is Your Cleansuit?" was an excellent episode but the titles pales a bit in comparison to "Powerless in the Face of Death," "Shadowman 9 in the Cradle of Destiny," and "Blood of the Father, Heart of Steel."
How can you list those and not Escape to the House of Mummies Part II?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloks posted:

I was just rewatching Pomp and Circuitry and noticed some of these names:

They've had Phage and Flying Squid in the works for a while now.
Oh poo poo, Fat Chance in the lower-right too! I bet it explains all about his enigma hole.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I didn't realize Humongoloid was actually retarded when he was giant. I feel like there was a line about that that I missed.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mike Danger posted:

It's all in the name - Mongoloid used to be a term for people with Down syndrome. (I only picked up on this tonight myself.)
Knew that, assumed it was a lovely unPC name because he beat up Asian dudes or something.

...but I bet he's actually a Maul reference, apparently?

e: also, didn't they say at comiccon that the first episode of season 6 was going to be the "real finale"?

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 22, 2013

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Emerson Cod posted:

Oh, also, those two robots/cyborgs old Team Venture was fighting were the Monarch's parents, right?
Didn't they just have mind control collars (or maybe explosive ones) on? Like, members (heh) of Team Venture actively wanted to have sex with these people.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

qirex posted:

I kept waiting for a "here's what Dean has been up to" episode because they didn't show him doing much and there were the cuts on his arms and the like but the Myra episode didn't quite do it.
Didn't we see him arm-deep in Helper at least once? I just assumed that was what the cuts were from.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Red posted:

Rusty is starting over? Huh. I must've whiffed on that.
No, it was a flashback.

efb

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jeffrey posted:

I thought they were talking about Yes albums in a funny voice...
Nope, Yes only came up with the fake song in the prog rock episode.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It doesn't do anything, that's the beauty of it!

:haw:
Correct answer was "reconnaissance applications"!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If anything, I've always thought Brock was there to *keep* Rusty from becoming his father. Sort of like a really hosed up six-and-a-half-foot-tall moral compass with a really sharp point. Also, don't forget Rusty's Superego - it was basically a red-headed Jonas Sr.
I almost hope they do more with the Superego. And not just because I want to see Billy and White as Eros and Thantos again :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Raskolnikov38 posted:

He's a random old man that thought the house the were using to make Frisky Dingo was a drug house and come knocking to complain.

Mr Ford owns.
Wait, seriously? I never heard that.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

X_Toad posted:

Can you explain that one to me? And was the guy weirdly dressed in the same episode supposed to be someone we knew?
I know they namedrop him as Eon, as well as that Warm Jets joke, but I don't remember if he's shown on screen. So it's probably Brian Eno?

Speaking of jets, and thus airplanes, my girlfriend is watching VB for the first time, and it took all my restraint to not say "single engine Cessna" with the perfect timing to confuse her forever when that scene came on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Goddammit. I just marathoned season 2 with a couple of friends who are new to the series last weekend, and decided to stream through Netflix for convenience's sake instead of use my DVDs. Apparently, though, the versions on there are edited, because that scene was missing. I thought something was wrong when the bit with Caligula fishing a key out of his rear end didn't show up, but that clinches it. Why the gently caress would they do that? It's not like they have to squeeze in more commercials or something.
Venture Bros: The bit with Caligula fishing a key out of his rear end didn't show up.

(They're edited? That's awful. I am glad I own them on DVD and haven't gotten the urge to rewatch lately, because I'd be disappointed!)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nintendo Kid posted:

You know, we didn't actually see Gargantua 2 get destroyed. Sure the control tower went up, but the rest of the facility is intact-ish, and there was only a swarm of space rocks hitting it because of someone's evil plan. It doesn't need that shield for a while with that not going on.

Chances Rusty tries to spend an episode or two fixing up Gargantua 23?

Also I have a feeling the will specifies that Rusty doesn't get unlimited access to the company's running/funds.
Didn't the ray shield specifically get contracted to protect from asteroids? I thought that was part of the point of it, not just cosmic rays.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tarlibone posted:

Of course, the whole "if you don't see 'em die, don't count 'em as dead" rule is always in play on the Venture Bros., but I have a feeling the idea here is for Vendata to be dead.
It seems like they went to a lot of trouble to set up the "Monarch's parents" plot thread, unsure if they'd just kill him off so cavalierly after that. But you have a compelling argument...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TontoCorazon posted:

What was that line Watch and/or Ward said about Red Dead Redemption?
It was something like "This is like that time I got stuck in that cart while playing Red Dead Redemption", because he couldn't figure out how to get the diamond dog to not walk into the wall.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How is there not a shaky cam yet? Ideally one taken by Doc himself.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cojawfee posted:

Would you really want to ruin the experience of watching an episode by watching a crappy cell phone video where security turns it off five minutes in?
Don't ask me how I saw Crank for the first time.

As long as it's complete and I can hear the jokes, I can leave the rest as an upgrade for the first time I really get to see it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tarlibone posted:

... it's like getting sucked off by an angel... a sweet angel with a tranquilizer....
Why are you such a bitch?