Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

quote:

Theories-maker are already at work thinking up the possibility that Rusty meant that he specifically made Myra believe that Dean was her son.

Once she became aware of him being at the asylum, Myra referred to Hank as her son, too.

I missed the first five minutes or so. What exactly was the deal with Rusty and Ted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I remember seeing James Urbaniak in an episode of CSI: Mi-Hammy when he was being interrogated by the Carusobot. His delivery was pure Rusty Venture. I expected that at any moment he was going to turn on his watch and say "Brock, could you get in here and just kill this red-headed doofus so I can get back to scoring with beach hotties?"

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FfhNDtSqPRA

Jackson gives the Pacific Rim speech as The Monarch.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
The presence of Mein Kampf and Dianetics sold me.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Figure George R. R. Martin is posting bitterly on his blog about when the 6th season of Venture Brothers is coming out.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I still love:

Billy Quizboy: "But why can't I hear them?"

Red Mantle: "Because you are sane!"

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Colonel Gentleman: "I don't want to get clean, I want to get filthy!"

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

tarlibone posted:

I'm sure he also hunts black vampires from Africa who only speak Swahili. He just picked British vampires in that example to draw an easy contrast to the silly notion that he only hunts African American vampires.

I'm not so sure of that. It is completely in keeping with the spirit of the show that Jefferson Twilight only hunts black vampires from English speaking countries. I could easily see a scene where he's hunting down a vampire who is about to claim a victim and then backing off (leaving the victim to his or her fate) when he learns that the vampire (who speaks English) is from Nigeria or something.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Bored posted:

So are the vampires he's killing when we first meet him Cajan or French? I thought they were French.

I don't remember back that far. Also, my "theory" could easily be wrong and Jefferson may well hunt black vampires regardless of their country of origin. I just thought that as long as he was being ridiculously specific in his choice of target (black vampires) he might well be even more ridiculously specific (black vampires from English speaking countries).

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I love the Anne Frank/Lizzie Borden deathmatch conversation.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

The Mystery Van bit that follows looks absolutely batshit evil. I don't think I ever saw that episode.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Jose posted:

I don't know whether Jefferson twilight or red mantel and dragoon are funnier

Red Mantle and Dragoon. Jefferson Twilight is basically Venture Blade but Red Mantle is Drunk Obi-wan Kenobi who's grown a second evilish head.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
All right! Let's raise some zombies!

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Red posted:

Did they ever explain how they got Stephen Colbert to come back?

Is that really something that needs an explanation? Presumably it went something like:

Doc Hammer: Hey Stephen, we're doing a Venture movie-thing. Are you okay with voicing Professor Impossible for it?

Stephen Colbert: Sounds good. Just schedule it with my agent and I'll pop by and record my dialogue.

Doc Hammer: Thanks, see you then.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

drrockso20 posted:

you know whatever faults Jonas Jr had(including a really inflated Ego even by VB standards, and a tendency to be condescending to people, even those who were close friends and family), his friendship with Ned was always really touching(when you think about it Ned was probably the person he was the least condescending with), and oh god I just realized Ned finding out that Jonas died would be an incredibly tragic thing to see)

Maybe instead of dying Jonah Jr. and Triester were teleported off of Gargantua 2 by friendly aliens who cured their cancers, pee-pee and otherwise.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Best contrast between 21 and 24 want to be and what they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0iTfasIpLc

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I kinda hope that Rusty does end up going the supervillain route, especially in really 'Outside of the GoCI' ways. Thus leading to Brock being forced to do something about it, and it's either super heart wrenching, or it's the chillest arch-nemesis situation.

The problem for me is that Rusty's more of a villain (in the selfish, careless rear end in a top hat sense) than a supervillain. Supervillains are really wrapped up in the mystique of being a supervillain, as witness The Monarch. Rusty isn't going to build a super-ray that turns all of the Bronx into killer frog-people. However, he might cheap out on waste disposal and bury leaky barrels of toxic waste near drinking water that does the same thing.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Only the absolute best of the best legendary TV shows have stellar first seasons. Everybody else generally stumbles around, they're not quite sure what they've got yet. I don't know why people haven't picked up on this yet, give a show a chance. If something about it seems appealing, stick with it for at least a season. Unless something egregiously trash to your sensibilities, just be patient!

The only shows I can think of that had a truly amazing first season are Elementary and Veronica Mars. Everything else, even shows I really liked, have stumbled at least some in the first season.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Djarum posted:

Season 6 now moved up to January 24!

January 24 of what year?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Really? That feels kind of early.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Yes, Nathan Fillion as Brown Recluse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

notZaar posted:

When you stab somebody, a serrated knife will make a nastier wound.

Especially if they're made out of bread.