Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Oh, now, look at me, I'm fulla holes. But you! What's the deal, here?
Any theories about Hatred?

I'm throwing my money down that he was actually a woman to begin with. That's why he's named Courtney. Probably a huge Quymn's bodyguard-esque lesbian type woman, but a woman, nonetheless. O.S.I. just screwed with his (her) brain and biological makeup, turning her into an angry man, and now it's wearing off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Action Tortoise posted:

That guy in the Halloween special might be the one to help Dean mature.

If he does, it won't be until Season 6 if Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick's interview on IGN is to believed. Sounds like he's not going to be anything beyond a background character for the rest of the season.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Also, that Atlantean-esque fishman on the boat was one of the obligatory fill-in lame supervillains at some point, right? He looked super familiar but I'm not sure from where.

I want to say he was in the henchman support group meeting in Season 2. But I could be wrong.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Cobalt Chloride posted:

Eh, I like that they're going back to largely episodic things now, I think the last two seasons were a bit heavy in spots. But I always liked it best when stupid adventures and good jokes were happening.

Definitely. One of the reasons I loved the first season so much was because of the little things that tied the show together, while allowing each episode to remain self-contained. Like Dr. Venture's nightmares, or the Brisbyland bee, which both eventually wound up serving a purpose. Two is still my favorite season, because three became too overly focused on making a big deal about revealing the past, and four started to get, as you said, heavy with itself. Venture Libre felt like it was getting back to its Johnny Quest-parody roots.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

X_Toad posted:

Yeah, he's definitely the mom. He even has the tits for it!

I like to think of him as their nanny.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Scroto Baggins posted:

I thought that at first too, but on a second watch last night, I noticed that the general said the jPad was loaded with explosives, the cherry icon just activates those. There's no bomb in Venturestein.

Well, I mean, there is a bomb in Venturestein. I think that's where all the confusion's emanating from. The reanimated corpses all have bombs inside of them in order to kamikaze the enemy. But they themselves detonate their own bombs. That's why Venturestein never blew up. He realized what was going on and chose not to.

The jPad has its own bomb inside that, as you say, is activated with the cherry bomb icon on the jPad itself.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Silver Gadget posted:

I think its only three right? Once by a giant magnet in Ünderland/Michigan, then that assassin shoots it down in season 4, and then this episode. I thought it was more. And who keeps repairing it? Is it just one of those things Rusty is actually good at like the cloning, or was it one of Brock's many job? They'll probably end up fly coach or drive a beat up 92 Honda civic to their next adventure.

It also crashes in the Christmas special, and sort of crashes on the way to Mike Sorayama's funeral. And I'm sure there are plenty more that we're both forgetting. But supersonic jet crashes are just so much fun to watch, is it any wonder?

Scroto Baggins posted:

The bomb was around their necks, I thought. Those flashing collars.

Ah, good catch. I didn't even remember those collars. Makes sense, though.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Killinger is a great side character, but I don't know who he could help next. Gary maybe?

Billy and Pete White? I don't think Orpheus would go for it. The forming of the Revenge Society kind of ruined a lot of good prospects, too. It would be fun to see him try and help somebody who doesn't want to be helped, though.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

El Tortuga posted:

On that note, what's everyone's personal favorite moments? You can't say Major Tom, because that's everyone's favorite.

Aw, man, I don't know if I can pick just one. Probably, "Nnnnnnice rear end, Sampson," or, "The guy from Labyrinth just turned into a bird!"

Maybe the "I'm going to kill your boys!"/"Join the club," convo from House of Mummies. Whatever my favorite is, it's probably from Season 2.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Sash! posted:

Pilot totally counts. They even mentioned Scamp in season 4.

And the old henchman costume 21 gave Hank was the pilot henchman costume!

Didn't they find the fake meteor the henchmen try and sneak into the compound in in a later episode, too, or am I just imagining that?

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

KilGrey posted:

when 21 does the Star Wars kid.

You know, what that sounds like is probably already a mindblowing fanfic.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Ithaqua posted:

I'm not butthurt, I just took the character to be an intentionally over-the-top parallel to Brock.

She is. Where Brock is big and super-badass, she is also big and super-badass, but Brock doesn't have any equivalent for her overblown hatred of men. I don't dislike the character, but I see what JetsGuy is getting at. Some of her HEY BROCK WANNA GO FOR A SKINNY DIP BACK OFF PERV I HATE MEN seemed a little forced.

I do really like that episode, though. As for Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner? it's weird. I always enjoy it while I'm watching it, but I never have the urge to watch it when I'm not already. I think it's just kind of slow in the middle, is all.

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

I'm wondering who took the picture. I know there could be a number of candidates, but it seems like an interesting angle to take into account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amedeus
Jun 8, 2013

Arven posted:

I think it's pretty much impossible that the Monarch wouldn't know who Jonas Venture was, given that there is a huge rear end statue of him in front of the compound he attacks every day (among other things).

Somebody before pointed out that it's been indicated on the show that he does know who Jonas was, but if it hadn't been, I could absolutely see it coming up as a point that he doesn't know the guy. Tad and the Monarch are stuck together for whatever reason, and Thaddeus for whatever other reason winds up yelling at him. "He's my dad! How do you not know this? There's a big statue of him on my lawn!" "Oh, is that who that is? I thought it was [insert pop culture reference here]." Classic Venture Bros.