Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

SlothfulCobra posted:

I think he was on one of the boats coming in to Puerto Bahia at the end of Venture Libre.

He was actually in the special, at the funeral, in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
He's thinking of not-antman.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

who's Ernest Cline?

Remember when you were kid, and thought it would be cool to be in your videogames? He is a man who writes exclusive that, at the level you would imagine.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
That's one hell of a stars and garters joke, that's for sure.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

JMBosch posted:

If anyone wants to spoil themselves on everything shown in the Season 6 trailer, I put up a breakdown of it here.

But my favorite moment is definitely Shore Leave undercover as Brock:

That one unnamed is most likely some manner of fdr.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

Hey guys, did Doc say "Get their clothes" or "Get their clones"????

I mean, like, what did dr girlfriend reveal to the monarch?!

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

You mean, le vampyr? Nosferatu? Undead. Not technically a woman in that regard, so you got no beef there. Also, fictitious.

DO NOT EAT THAT, IT'S C4!

You know I didn't think of it until now but thinking that really screws him what with the investors probably being vampire type things.

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 30, 2016

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
For the life of me I can't catch what is said right after Night Dick says 'he laughed at the name.' Any guesses? (Please don't clothes/clones this).

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

ultramiraculous posted:

The Steve-Jobs-approved subs say:

"He laughed at the name!"

"You keep telling 'em, man."

Thank you.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

They should just build a robot to put on the council that they control.

It's probably a plot point that they just haven't repaired Vendatta and be done with it.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Phenotype posted:

Wow, I did not pick up on the Tosh Tompkins / Stars and Garters bit until just now. Wide Wale also went way over my head till I came here.

What was Warriana saying to Brock when she left? "See you around...Barbarian"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargareans

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Forgive the picture but there was this guy in the swinger flashback: on the left

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Looked up an old cast sheet that also had our man on it, realized it had a prototype M.O.D.O.K/T.H.I.N.K tank on it and he doesn't show up until later this season.
Also tophat radiation guy who has been lurking for awhile.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/40/638727-venturebroscharsseason3.jpeg

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Maximum goonage here: I sincerely doubt even Hammer and McCulloch would do this reference . But you'll notice Monarch's dad has red hair and mystery man seems to have black in that design cast. This wouldn't be important (and I'm not saying it is) if not for the fact that it's the same hair trick The Question pulls with his 'special gas.' The Question being the character the original vigilante preview is based off. What with the blue trench coat, yellow highlights.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
It looks like a dark red to me but I'm half blind when it comes to these things and noticed a really odd set of similarities. I mean I don't even fully believe the theory I'm helping to purport, but that's because these guys have hosed with us before.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I think Johnny Quest himself brings up Velma and Daphne's sexual orientations on the way to the strip club.

That's a weird sentence.

Edit: with the Implication of them being real.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I love that he puts on the hat to account.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Also how many times is the monarch gonna kill someone else's background character.
Wonder boy!

Edit: goddammit i just got that Dean is wearing Peter parkers old outfit.

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 8, 2016

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Have they referenced Kraftwerk before? Because of course they like kraftwerk.

Also Scaramantula and Dr. Venture think Blue Morphos is a villain, classic Green Hornet. Was that Kano? He must be the weird uncle, to like, everyone.

Edit: Watched again, he says Kano

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Feb 15, 2016

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Man, Doc's ongoing fear of tiny men in robots/robots in general tickles me pink.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Did Blue Morpho ship his car all the way to spider skull island just to do that sweet rear end entrance, because that is dedication. Unless it flies like his son's because why wouldn't it.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

elentar posted:

I really, really love the running gag about how the Monarch is basically ignorant of anything involving butterflies other than his own namesake (and generally everything about monarchs as well).

I don't think he knows, like, anything outside of supervillany and poetry. One my fave bits is that he doesn't own anything but his mighty monarch costume.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I know I've already established myself as an irredeemable lore hound (I swear this is the only show I'm like this about) but: When Rusty says 'no it can't be...' is that just a 'oh hey it's the monarch' or is there something more? Also enjoying how everyone seems to live like, a block form each other. Usually in the same tower. Is that a New York joke my foreign rear end isn't picking up on, or does wide whale just straight up own these peoples lives.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Well I mean there is the whole metal murder man thing, but tight now that's all conjecture.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Avasculous posted:

I didn't know about the Vendata theory until I read it in this thread, but I noticed that in the last episode (?) the Council brought up his missing status, which is an odd callback for a peripheral character if we're never going to see him again.

Speaking of which where is Dr. Z? Just gone gone, because (TM) so we get Radical Left instead?

Edit: Underbite is alive right? Where'd he go after the space station.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I have no idea why I blotted Z like that. Maybe Fat Chance and Underbite share a lovely apartment together somewhere.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

I'm having trouble parsing the Art Deco Font but Tophet is the place the Canaanites sacrificed children to Moloch and Baal, which would make sense for the villain theme and the 'T'. No idea if that's it though.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
It's a real shame THINK Tank is already dead. Also, one of the vans in the parking lot looked liked it belong to Manotaur. I don't think he's coming back for it.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

MrSlam posted:

I was just assuming Dot Comm was the "Epic! Fail!" villain from the Guild townhall meeting.

Just checked the credits, she is.

Edit: oh god ignore the accidental sieg heil.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Not much to add this episode except that while every else is a 1:1 parody of the Legion of Doom, Bumblebee of all people gets a call out. Honestly surprised they didn't go with The Wasp given that she is a fashion designer.

What I really want to talk about is plugman because god bless you plugman , you just keep plugging along in the background.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
21 didn't seem to care when he murdered long division but that was an accident and according to Shore leave and Brock that kid was a prick so who knows.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm trying to recall something from a previous episode. The GCI is interrogating that ghost villain after reviewing footage of him doublecrossing some dudes. What was the Council of 13 upset about?

They were ok with the drug dealing but mad at the doublecross/possession/murder.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Regarding that interview and them not having enough episodes, what's with that? The show is so popular, couldn't they just call up cartoon network and say "We want two more" or something? Cartoon Network gives them the leeway to do things at their own pace and release a season every three years, you'd think that with the lack of regular content they could just get two more episodes.

Maybe it's like 'alright we will let you do whatever crazy weirdo pop antiquarian nonsense you want to but you got do it shoestring' 'deal, but can we make the animation super lush' '.... double shoestring.'

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Battle Axe surviving is a nice treat, considering she wasn't on the list and all.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

I've noticed that too. Maybe Doc and Jackson just don't like using him as a character. He is kind of lame and his only purpose seems to be pulling off whatever part of the plan involves water.

I think in the 1st recap Gary says something like 'there was a fish guy from Atlantis, but you never hear about him - because he was wicked lame.' So almost word of god there.

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 17, 2016

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I never thought I'd actually feel bad for Hatred. Despite all his stuff before, it was that quite moment of uselessness that finally got me.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

Jewel Repetition posted:

How did Dr. Mrs. The Monarch figure out it wasn't him?

She got that message about the same time she was shooting him, so.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014

SeanBeansShako posted:

Who are those guys? the Henchmen of the last two dudes or what?

It's not confirmed but it's probably the guys on chart we didn't actually see. Like weird eyeball guy.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
There is the point where he says 'this is a special one' so maybe this time he did just want to have murder fun time with brock. He does admit to getting the worst of his kill lust out of him. Red Death seems to be half an easy going dude after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
I needed that classic Monarch moment at the end. Just perfect.