Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

tarlibone posted:

According to Nerdist, the return of the Venture Bros. is on the horizon! Wait... there will still be horizons in late 2018, right?

This is the only show I can think of where I have to go back and check whether a 965-day gap between seasons is the longest we've had to wait or not (it is, by about a month).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

feedmyleg posted:

Gotta make sure your kid is googlable these days.

I know someone who took her husband's last name solely because it was more SEO-friendly than hers. Silicon Valley is a hosed up place.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

MadJackal posted:

I'm rewatching the last season (ever, I guess), and I forgot how good it was at wrapping up a ton of plot points.

I still have no idea why the guys went so hard on Sharky's Machine though.

Also,

Who wore it better?

Something I only noticed on a rewatch was Augustus St. Cloud's various background appearances before his proper debut in season 5, starting all the way back in Tag Sale - You're It! (credited as "Girly Mag Scientist")

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

If you enjoy looking at absolutely wild late 20th century interior design, there's a Twitter account that's nothing but.

https://twitter.com/CocaineDecor/status/1359957138894819328

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Of course, meant more that it could go either way, which was probably on purpose. I do like how they hammer home Jonas is such a huge piece of poo poo that he ends up doing horrible things to people who consider him a friend without a second thought. Like, Rusty knows at least to use people no one cares about as fodder for his experiments.

Considering everything we know about Jonas, it was probably both.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

pixaal posted:

I almost want to see a full level 10 St Cloud with Lakitu cloud and lighting rod or something, rifle just doesn't fit him. I could see him playing a wizard though.

A time skip actually could be really fun.

A timeskip would surely be used to confuse and anger fans with a bunch of major changes and events that happened offscreen. So I'm entirely in favor of it.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

pnumoman posted:

It's also worth pointing out that this is an insane value as a book; it's a genuinely massive tome of insider information and gorgeous art for just $21.

It really is, I picked it up the last time it was on discount and it would easily have been worth it at full price.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

pixaal posted:

So really they could do anything this Friday, but I doubt it's Venture Bros related if they are promoting any of the new movies Aqua Teen and Space Ghost are their most highly used cross promotional series. I'd expect if anything Space Ghost to interview meatwad and we get a fun made up story that doesn't actually relate to that movie, maybe Shake comes in and slips into some Alchemist as a treat.

They'll show clips from all three. At the same time, all on top of each other.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

It's a matter of professional ethics. This is personal.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

What I'm hearing is that someone needs to invent M.U.G.E.N but for poker instead of fighting games.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

uber_stoat posted:

talking about obscure music poo poo, I'm pretty sure Doc had Jarboe voice a bit part in "Look Who's Coming to State Dinner."

Looks like it!

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Mega64 posted:

Sorry to interrupt the quotes, but I have a serious question.

Which VB characters have performed a Rusty Venture?

Colonel Gentleman for sure, but back then it was named after a slur that was archaic even at the time.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

LividLiquid posted:

I really don't think it'll fit into the narrative unless it's jam-packed with resolutions like All This And Gargantua 2 was, but I really, really hope they undo detransitioning Hunter.

That really served no purpose. It was never once explained. He clearly doesn't like it.

My assumption is that the main purpose was, "drat we really gotta stop doing trans jokes." I feel like they stumbled rear end-backwards into a weirdly sensitive detransition storyline, Hunter clearly wants to be a woman but is too entrenched in his old life and his duty to the OSI to feel like he's able to. But it would truly warm my transsexual heart to let Hunter transition again.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

drrockso20 posted:

Man Rusty would loathe Gendo so much

They would bond over single fatherhood at first, but it would all go south in a fight over whether you should use individual cloning tubes, or use one big clone tank for all of them.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

I got the implication with Debbie's "And I gave him my... stuff I wasn't planning on using." that she gave Doc the eggs for the boys and possibly the whole womb he's wearing on his belly at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

bull3964 posted:

"Tag Sale, You're It!" was on when I had the marathon stream on last night and I can't believe I never noticed how badly these two lines of dialog fit into things compared to Season 3 and hell, even two episodes later.

We know in "Shadowman 9: In the Cradle of Destiny" that The Monarch was a henchman for Phantom Limb so he drat well knows who he is and he knows that Shelia was his Number 2. Of course, that was a in Season 3.

But then in "The Trail of the Monarch" we see that he even knows then that she worked for Phantom Limb, that was just two episodes later. So the lie of "I've never met him before" is something "The Monarch" should have spotted.

The bring that up in the artbook, as it happens.

quote:

JP: This episode caught some fan scrutiny because in "Tag Sale - You're It!" Monarch doesn't seem to know who Phantom Limb is. But we get around that by saying, "The Monarch's full of poo poo." He's protecting that long-ago secret that he was just a henchman for Phantom Limb and used to lust after Dr. Girlfriend.