Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sataere posted:

Is there something you want to share with the thread?

Is there a back taxes equivalent of fathers day gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This show always had good duos.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

What episode was it where Dr Zinn talks about to avoid a blunderer or whatever?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Plus entirely expendable.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I say keep it going forever at least until they stop paying you but put more episodic poo poo in. Hell do that in your storyline's off season

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Consummate Professional posted:

My girlfriend believes that every shows pilot must be watched and I...do not. Venture bros pilot has been a bit of sticking point with her because I keep telling her it's not really worth anyone's time and she's convinced it'll give her some insight in to the show

It's a deece pilot that's rough around the edges in 2018.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

BexGu posted:

God that was so good. Everything with Brock was great.

"Go ahead....take it from me.." with the music playing and the zoom in on his face was amazing.

The pilot owns and anyone who says otherwise is just a big ole butt. That said it's def among the worst episodes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The pilot definitely isn't what I'd sell people on the show with, but it's still pretty good on its own, and does a decent job at establishing the start of the characters' status quo.

I remember being pumped to watch the premier way back in.... 1903?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I agree pick, that was one of my favorite parts too.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

fishmech posted:

Macau Baccarat in particular has a lot to do with laundering cash/fudging money transfer limits out of China. That's why there's so much "borrowed money" shenanigans and $1 million buy-in sort of things done for it there.

Finally baccarat proves interesting.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

All venture bros is beautiful

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

There is no bad VB character either, sorry dongs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Nope, Manstrong was among the weak ones but not bad.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

TK-42-1 posted:

Wow. They tease the Monarch/Blue Morpho connection all the way back in s5e3 in 2012

Really? When in the episode? I can't watch it now

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Billy's kind of a funny case given he was taken for a child prodigy (and basically kidnapped by Pete) but struggled when put into a university environment that wasn't based on just memorised trivia, then there's a bit of a gap between that and being the Venture family's resident doctor, basically. (and iirc, Pete White is a pretty good computer scientist, at least in being well beyond the surprisingly tech-illiterate adult cast, but doesn't seem to keep in practice. Hell, the pirate captain is more useful at the software company than he is) I figure there was a lot of offscreen misadventures and opportunities to learn by trial and error on various unfortunate subjects. He was already skilled enough to pass as a doctor at a prestigious hospital until they started checking his credentials, though we haven't heard much of whether he actually made use of the forged degree and license Monstroso gave him. (Presuming SPHINX let him keep it, hard to tell with that lot)

Billy and Pete didn't really tag along much with Rusty's escapades with only a few exceptions, right? (Spanikopita!) They do at least qualify as a protagonist duo in presumably the Level 1 rank of the Guild heirarchy, but otherwise they seem to mostly get involved in shenanigans in and around the Venture compound (and now VenTech) which, to be fair, is quite a lot.

They're best friends.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Tuxedo Ted posted:

That one's still better than the Ruddy Bottom. Just a tall glass of grenadine with some rum and tomato juice thrown in.

P.S. I'm gonna be slowly watching the series from season 1, hit me up with lovely, poorly optimized gif requests.

Brock pulling himself up onto boat in pirate episode with the glowing eyes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

How are people watching a second episode didn't first just show tonight?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

He's one of like 4-5 people that has fought Brock Sampson and lived.

A couple of the superheroes from last season, I'm lacking in who else I remember doing this.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

reignofevil posted:

I haven't read the book but season 4 part one has the highest ratio of episodes that I wanted to love but just feel like overstuffed turkeys to me. It makes sense that they were fighting hard to fit in as much as they could with the limited number of episodes they had.

That said now that season 4 is finished and I can watch both halves (not to mention the finale which is no joke one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen) I appreciate the episodes a great deal more especially the bits with Dermott.

Season 4 owned
e: Jesus christ you're downright reasonable compared to the dummy who posted just after you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I don't care about spoilers so keep it up but all this talk about the second ep is killing me because I really want to see it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

thexerox123 posted:

So watch it.

It's not on AS website and it hasn't aired on TV yet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Some of the jokes in the earlier episodes are a little to fairly eyebrow raising now (that ninja from the pilot, an episode I will never not defend is... wow) but I do lol at getting mad at the Tom of Finland one. He's a very belligerent drunk in an extremely powerful criminal fraternity that basically owns the police, of course he's going to be a shithead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr. Nice! posted:

i love the return of the boom broom. Also someone said the book mentioned they didn’t even think of jj yet when they started with the crazy dreams. There’s an early episode where one of the dreams is jonas grabbing him and saying “there is another venture.” Was that other venture JJ or malcolm?

I think at that time it was JJ buuuut....

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo (Slight episode 3 spoilers)

https://youtu.be/Pwshjm52ngQ?t=47s

Yeah, they compressed a lot I think. I forgot the start but I think they might have fixed the entire timeline.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Data Graham posted:

I haven't seen Hudsucker Proxy so maybe I'm way off but I read that scene as a riff on Kill Bill. Yesno?

I don't remotely remember someone doing that in Kill Bill

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hedrigall posted:

A cool thing from the book: they were originally going to go a lot more "villain of the week" but ended up being too lazy and just used the Monarch again and again. Also Dr Girlfriend's shtick was going to be that she hopped from villain to villain, a new one's girlfriend in each appearance. Glad they didn't go with that idea.

I'm glad they didn't go that way with Sheila but I love the villain of the week thing because this show has amazing one offs and background villains

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I love the show so I'll be watching it any way but the only way I'll actually be happy if the venture boys pine for Sirena is if and only if ALL the venture boys pine for sirena. Hell with love triangle, make it a love square.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I appreciated this episode, especially lore wise, but man it's the weakest I've seen in a while.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Peril Partnership

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

More of these oh god

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Imagine getting donuts when you're in the one of the bagel capitals of the world.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

Just buy the book.

I'm broke atm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That was loving hilarious.

It was easily my favorite this season I believe. I'd have to do a rewatch to reconsider but I don't think I would.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

I find it odd that Sheila was freaking out at addressing a group with male descriptors and then she says "bad guys" in this episode. If she was just doing that to make sure the language of the treaty was gender neutral, they should have made it more clear. This just makes her inconsistent.

My go to for this is it's one of those things they can call themselves.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

They should just adopt Dean

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think Hank's leaning more toward good guy than bad. I also think mostly the same for Dean but I could see him being tempted. In any case, this show has a lot more for Hank than Dean to do. I also was just spitballing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hmm yeah but he's also a real softy he usually does it with a goal in mind.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yah it was the best of the season. Some reason the thing that amused me most was Brock moving Billy the trash can

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Despite not liking puns they're very good at them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The pride, too.