Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe we've got two more weeks to wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
The only problem with Urbaniak as Doc Venture is taht his jaw is too flat so they would have to do a really good job hiding that with the goatee

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone else notice this animation error

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Deathlove posted:

What are we to believe, that this is a magic ghost hand or something? Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.

It distracted me

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Of course it was the black hearts you dumb asses

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Also Jonas Sr becoming a permanent character and being instantly killed by Pete's axe are both equally unlikely and bad ideas

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Not until the 19th

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Spoiler for an episode that you actually haven't seen yet

Blue Morpho is Vendata and has a touching moment with Jonas Sr now that they're both cyborgs

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bull3964 posted:

Wasn't it pretty heavily implied that the death that caused Kano's silence was the Blue Morpho?

It's not implying that. Kano wouldn't need any reason to be extra sad beyond being Blue Morpho's sidekick

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
But it is implied by how Blue Morpho is the only other candidate for someone Kano would call a "great man," plus Blue Morpho died in a plane crash and Kano was a plane pilot so...

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Why is Venture immune to that thing where shows get worse after season 5. It's as good as it's ever been if not better

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

QwertySanchez posted:

Holy poo poo I never got that the Phantom Limb's outfit was a parody of The Phantom.

I only recently realized that Jackson Publick was a pun and not just a cool pulpy sounding name

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

TK-42-1 posted:

Haha, yeah. Hey, my friend here wanted to hear about how this is a pun but you tell the story better.....

Jacks (off) in public

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Kloaked00 posted:

Maybe I’m being dumb, but why would Blue Morpho be Vendata?

Vendata has been implied to be the Monarch's father since before Blue Morpho appeared. Monarch's father died in a plane crash and Vendata's last memories before becoming a cyborg was of a plane crashing. Also the original Blue Morpho's bounty was claimed in 1976, the same year Vendata was built. By Venture Industries.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Vendata's original design even had the same overbite as Monarch

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah exactly, he's supposed to be a Patrick Bateman type of character.

He's not Bateman. The point of Bateman is that he completely lost his humanity and puts on a bad act to hide it. Red Death doesn't hide anything, he still has his humanity and it coexists with his monstrosity, that's the joke

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Bust Rodd posted:

my issue is specifically that’s now two completely separate characters whose death has had massive implications for a number of characters and WHOOPS SURPRISE THEY AREN’T DEAD like you really had to recycle the most boring gotcha plot device ever twice in the same story with different characters?

There has to be more than just two

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Was it implying The Alchemist was Mesoamerican when he could understand the tribesmen in episode 1. He does have the right features

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Barono posted:

The voice credits have a "Hogfish" which I'm assuming is the guy on the right.

It would have taken me years to guess that

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Comrade Quack posted:

Have we seen Rocket since 20 Years to Midnight? Are we supposed to remember he exists?

There's nothing you're not supposed to remember exists

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

I've seen a lot of people rewatching the series with new episodes, and I'm seeing "wow, this poo poo is hella racist and they use the R word way too much". Yea, early 2000s the R word was totally cool to use and it was used in comedy A LOT, but racist? I guess there's some stuff, but most of it are broad sterotypes you always see in Cartoons.

The R word is even better to use in comedy now because it's not allowed which makes it funny

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
So why do BM and Monarch both have the same overbite if they're not genetically related

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

I think it's definitely possible that it could be Bud. When Jonas doesn't give a poo poo about the tape, Vendata realizes that it was only ever meant to harm him and would do no damage to Jonas at all. He leaves it in the room and leaves. Then Bud walks in for some reason like that's where he turns in old newspapers or something. He sees the sex tape, puts it in, and then gets overwhelmed by... FEELINGS and in the throes of whackin it, he hits the bay doors and kills everyone. Bud is definitely holding something back with how weird he acts.

That's gonna be it

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Even though Jonas come off as a sociopath trying to steel Vendata's body I was thinking and it makes a lot of internal sense. From his perspective he's the only reason Morpho is still alive AND Morpho betrayed him and tried to kill him

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Fat and Useless posted:

So it seemed to me from BAD FRIEND and the resulting dialog that BM knew Malcom wasn't his and still loved the little guy. He even smiled before he died after the "Daddy?".

Frick that's upsetting. I'm sad.

Good show.

BM is the most sympathetic character in the whole show. I don't mean the morally best or the most likeable, just the one you feel the most sorry for.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
If anyone can contact Doc or Publick show them this

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

tarlibone posted:

It turns out that 67% of all mysterious protagonist deaths from 1967 to 1979 were due to Rusty's plastic cowboys. He was a "careless" lad who totally "wasn't" tired of the life of a boy adventurer, and there is no concrete proof that he knew where those plastic cowboys could do the most damage.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Cojawfee posted:

OSI don't give poo poo

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe I was spoiled by the opening trilogy but that episode felt weak

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless