Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I hope Hank & Dean don't end up fighting over Sirena. That doesn't seem very Hank.
^^Hover belt was cool. Wonder if Rusty did anything to it vs JJ. Looked the same^^

I can't wait to rewatch the end of last season with this seasons 3 to get the full weight of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Hopefully by now Dean has learned by now that erections aren't caused by Native American ghosts setting up a teepee in his pants.

I still love this line.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Awww man, no streaming Ep 5?
Darn it

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

bull3964 posted:

It's not Friday.

poo poo.. you're right.
I've had a short week so lost track of time and got excited. I didn't see the spoiler clip they had up till just now, so there's something.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Sometimes it feels like DH/JP read this thread.

^^HELPeR2 called Dean Rusty. It didn't realize that Rusty is an adult now^^

I found it funny that the thread has gone nutto over guild / weapon classes and they explain it in more detail in this ep. Funny timing.

HELPeR2 saying they are the same.. I feel the same as tarlibone. I'm thinking Rusty is also a clone, but that there was more to that reveal that we know just yet. Also, I was kind of hoping for a HELPeR meet up/party. Dean isn't able to understand much of HELPeR :(. I was hoping it was just code that they learned in the beds.

I was figuring the P.P. thing was more than a piss joke. I thought initials but it didn't mean anything to me. Also wondered if it was a strap on w/ his other augmentations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
New teaser : http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/sneak-peek-behind-this-door/
This doesn't really have any story spoilers. But its a future ep clip.

This looks fun. Basically a look into the GCI training center. Multiple rooms of various training. I like that we'll start to get into how the Guild operates internally.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mr. Nice! posted:

post its just came up saying it's coming soon and the theme is playing.

stream direct link:

http://www.adultswim.com/utilities/as-player?videoID=r0xw2u30R3GchW27yVqlug

are they doing a live stream of an old crt screen or something?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I thought moltive died with monstroso?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Are You Kidding Me!!

This was a good season. See y'all in 2020 (holy gently caress that's a weird statement that's likely true)

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Doc seems like the type to really get into canes. Raven head handel or something. Hope he gets better. Doc and Jackson both seem like they would fit in on SA.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I don't think the shows are very similar, but I'd also imagine most venture fans also like R&M. Maybe not the other way around tho?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Didn't really help.
Brick Frog > manga frog.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
HBO could put it on max 1 season a year and catch up to the current. That should give enough time for season 8 to complete.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mr. Nice! posted:

All of those tweets from that guy are gone. What did they say?

Here ya go, I did a screenshot above thread.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Cojawfee posted:

Get the book now and read it after finishing seaon 6 or whatever the one before the last one was.

Yup. Get the book and read up to where you're watching. It's a great book.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

blossommirage posted:

Right? I honestly can't imagine reading this while doing a re-watch on the couch or something. The only way I can read it is like laying it flat on a desk.

The first season stuff was really interesting, looking forward to the rest.

I had the same issue. I have the book, but found :filez: a pdf so I can actually read the drat thing. I have the book as a coffee table book to look at the art work off and on. Really great book.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Parrotine posted:

Finally cracked down and started diving into the show after watching an assload of YouTube clips a month-ish ago. Bit of a slow start but gets rolling at a good pace near the end of season 1, season 2 is where it really starts moving.

I guess the only complaint I have is the actual Venture Bros in the show, honestly they kind of suck. Every scene or plot line they're in hits like a wet fart, just want the show to fast forward past anything they do. Ah well, can't all be winners I guess.

Wrong.
Hank and Dean are gems. Especially Hank.
It's funny how a part of this show was the suspenseful waits between seasons. I've had a few people start watching but after season 5, and i feel like being able to binge takes something away. I'm glad that the show doesn't rely on the pauses tho. I pray for adventures with brother's, brought to you by Pepsi Maxx

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

bull3964 posted:

How is it, 20 years later, I'm still "getting" jokes?

My friend's retired parents are apparently raising some monarch butterflies as a hobby. I was reading up on the wiki for the monarch butterfly and stumbled across a factoid.

All this time, I though Gary chose the name Viceroy due to its title having similar connotation to King(Monarch). But that wasn't just it, the viceroy butterfly is a well known mimic of the monarch butterfly.

Doesn't Gary explicitly mention that in Momma's Boys?

This show is great to go through tear downs. I used to really like the MantisEyeProject after watching an episode a few times. But apparently he got a job or some poo poo over 2 decades because he stopped updating :cry:

deong fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Mar 19, 2021

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Has anyone ripped the commentary to Mp3 yet? I'd like to listen to it podcast style, I get tripped up by moving pictures cuz of the ADHD n all. I have all the DVD's but my computer hasn't had a working dvd drive in like a decade. Probably from using it as a drink coaster.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Its difficult to express how chonky this book is. First time you see it, like daymn. :drat:
I grabbed the book in PDF because its heavy enough that its physically tough to read at times.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I got in on the pilot. Every season cliffhanger was excruciating.
Getting new people into VB is weird since there isn't that wait, like mentioned. We really just didn't know if it was going to continue on or not sometimes.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

So, was there anything about VB released from the OCC? I saw that they'll do a new VB Marathon August 6. But doesn't everyone own VB?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I wish they included an ebook. The thing is difficult to hold to read. Its amazing, but having it on my ipad for bed time reading would be aces.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

TK-42-1 posted:

Then just ticking on how the internet pronounced retiarius is so great. God I miss the commentaries. There has to be a way to get them digitally, right?

Thats what I want. I'd love to listen to it podcast style. I have the DVDs but I don't have a DVD drive lol. I bought the DVDs way after having a working player/drive even.

I'm interested in what doc/jackson will do if this is the end. Anything they work on will be great.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
$274.99 for a venture bro collectable.. Bit steep.
https://www.superpunch.net/2021/11/life-sized-and-articulated-bubo-owl.html

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Be sure to grab the ebook as well for casual reading. Its massive and a bit difficult to read.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Splint Chesthair posted:

There's something almost adorable about Rusty believing Dolly Parton was going to get naked in "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas."

It's not, but almost.

Hey, we've all made this mistake at 12. TYVM.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Just came here to share! Doc posted about a new shallow gravy song!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXz4jqpMY53/

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Can't you just upload them to a private youtube channel?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0nmAx7bKyoUQt15hd7oXyL
VENTURE BROS. WRITING SONGS

Some of the songs Doc Hammer listened to while writing The Venture Bros.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Just go dickies
Dickies Men's Short-Sleeve Coverall https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FQNL9G/

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

tarlibone posted:

And, on that note,

I'm not as big a fan of velour as you are, Brannigan. But, for my last super-heavy Halloween, I made a Henchman 21 costume. I could now pull of Henchman 24!

Hell ya! I hope you do it and post one of them 'then and now' pics!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://screenrant.com/venture-bros-movie-update-details-patrick-warburton-response/

Not much info, but Warburton has finished recording lines.
I assume the animation is done after lines are recorded for sync?

The article is needlessly long, here's the bits.

TLDR posted:

Yes, so I've already recorded. At this point, I'd even be at a loss because sometimes you go and you record your material, so as far as the whole concept of this movie that they just did, I would not do a good job describing it right now. So we're just gonna have to wait and see. I'm glad we got to do it. There are a lot of disappointed fans that this is it. The Venture Bros. has been a long, sort of tiresome road producing the series, it's a new season every, what, two years maybe.

I don't think that or because of those orders ever made things easy for the creators of the show, but they did well with it. I think that's why, too, having that time they were able to keep it creative and interesting and make it the quality show that it is, because they were never rushed. In a lot of shows, they're rushed and you got to keep producing and producing and producing and sometimes you see a lack of quality therein. With the Venture Brothers, they always had the luxury of time to put together an interesting series with cool story arcs and whatnot."

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Hahh for sure.
It's 8 paragraphs about the show that anyone that cares already knows.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Gaius Marius posted:

Beavis and Butthead doing a shirtclub too

titmouse posted:

We're giving away two (2) subscriptions to the Beavis and Butt-Head T-Shirt Club from titmouse. Winners will have the 12 tees shipped to them weekly, plus a bonus tee for 13 total.

or just to do.
https://www.titmousestuff.com/products/beavis-and-butt-head-shirt-club

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

The World Inferno posted:

More shows should do t-shirt clubs.

Also Doc's new band Pageant Girls is doing a very small tour of Raleigh, Washington DC, and Brooklyn. Music is very shoegaze-y of the mid-90's with a late 80's spirit.

https://linktr.ee/PageantGirls

BOOOOO
I'm in Colorado, but headed to DC the week of Aug 8. Sigh, so close.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Aw man. The Crash Test Dummies came through Denver Aug 9th! I was out of town but it made me think of Pirate Captian.
Rip JJ

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

was Mighty Magiswords the one where two goons got real weird about jacking off to it

oh my bad it was ostensibly three distinct goons, in the anonymous confessions thread:

this falls under the header of "I remembered this so everyone else has to know it too now"

i hate you.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
That was great.
I live in Denver, and I was in DC 2 weeks before (and after!!) the pageant girls show. So annoying, drat work trips not thinking of my needs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

QuarkJets posted:

If they cancel the venture brothers movie then I am going to start arching the home improvement guy

What does Wilson have to do with any of this??