Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Teefury.com will have these shirts on sale at midnight:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Pawl posted:

The episode airs at midnight on Cartoon Network, right? My TV guide is showing that Squidbillies is coming up next...

Your guide was likely printed before the VB episode was rescheduled, I think.

The shirt club shirts are up. HANK CO!

Red fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 3, 2013

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Tense VB music!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

St. Cloud is the ultimate goon!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Where is Brock??

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Uncle Wemus posted:

I hope they don't do another season without him in most of it.

Yeah. This.

Also, am I greedy for wanting every episode to be an hour long?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

door Door door posted:

And Doc once again proves that the only time he can be a competent scientist is when he's creating an abomination of some sort.

Did he?

I don't know that Rusty did much of anything besides clean out the abandoned warehouses, and enslave some interns. Martin seemed to actually develop the shield, Billy realized the mutations were happening, and Dr. Mrs. The Monarch found the scientist who could come up with an antidote. Unless we assume that Rusty actually had the formula or foundation for the science, which his interns ran with - he literally sat back and drank while everything fell apart around him.

His narcotic cocktail conveniently drove off The Monarch, and probably made all the interns think their memories of mutating were just hallucinogenic hazes.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

GD_American posted:

HankCo t-shirt ordered!

I was disappointed it's a white tee. Those have pretty short lifespans. The shirt Hank wears in this episode is blue, so... ?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

I really hope a large fits me...a large is most other t-shirts fits me, but I've found one or two manufacturers where a medium is better, and a large is a little too big.

But they said they're American Apparel, yeah? They run smaller, so a large should be ok.

They're pretty slim fitting, so order a size larger than you usually would.

And I don't see how they can ever top the Sgt. Hatred shirt from the first round of shirts.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Umph posted:

Can anyone help me with Hatreds tits please? I don't understand. He didn't have them when he left to take Tinyfoot home in PROM, had them the next morning presumably after a short walk to her house.

So, I'm theorizing it's the side effect of medication:

- Possible side effect of psychiatric medication, that he started being more regular with once he thought he'd get Tinyfeet back.
- Possible side effect of steroid abuse, since he's aging, but wants to keep his job.
- Some random poo poo he got from Rusty/the Pirate/21/Billy that might be explained later.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The first episode of Season 5 is free on iTunes.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

revolther posted:

I think they realized that the lack of any perceivable flaws allowed the legendary gringo Brock Sampson to quickly grow into something bigger than them. Like they know Brock has become something the comicon crowd equates to near Bond level unbelievable badass in such a crazy short amount of time that they have to leave it alone not to mess it up. Like they've managed to let Brock humiliate cultural male icons, best "Reed Richards" and a bunch of other one-off parodies, leave "GI Joe" for being too ineffectual; plot wise he is a golden goose we will happily accept making GBS threads on the chest of our favorite comic characters.

They've done a good job resisting the temptation to make it the Brock is Awesome masturbation hour. I imagine cartoon network wants more Brock, I enjoy his cameo's, but it's understandable that Doc and Jackson don't just want The Fonz to come say, "aye", every episode.

Not a lot of TV characters are that catalyzing, especially from a cartoon. The only other recent comparison I can think of is Nick Offerman's Ron Swanson; he knows he has something and you can tell he's trying to slowly grow it without blowing it.

That might be part of it.

My theory is that this season's theme, though, is that Dr. Venture is a ridiculous failure, and someone is going to come out of nowhere to bail him out each time - without anyone noticing. Everyone around Doc is becoming a better person, almost to make up for Rusty.

Also, it's clear that the Army rigged the iPad to blow up both Venturestein remotely, and Doc afterwards, to get rid of the evidence. Right?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Oh Snapple! posted:

The general flatout said the jpad contained explosives. That's why Hank planted it in that tree, he was trying to use it as a timebomb.

I guess I need to watch that part again.

I had thought the iPad activated a failsafe bomb inside Venturestein, that can be detonated by a signal from the pad - the cherry icon. Then Rusty just has to run like hell. I just got the impression the Army wanted the Venturestein and Venture out of the way, or, at least wanted the iPad there to take out Venturestein if (when) Rusty failed.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

The only decent part of Guess Who's Coming to State Dinner?

Lincoln's Ghost: (knocks over a tiny statue of himself) Damnation! Forcefield, I didn't see that one coming! Sorry, Dean. Okay, okay! New plan...
Hank: (points at statue) Well, you just KO'd Uncle Sam! Why can't you just do that to an astronaut and his mom?
Lincoln's Ghost: That's not Uncle Sam, it's me! Wouldn't lay a glove on it if it weren't. I can only move things in the material world that bear my image. Wait! That penny in your pocket, Dean! I was able to get that through the forcefield! That's it!
Hank: We build a gun made out of pennies!
Lincoln's Ghost: Exactly! Wait, no, that's insane! But I have another idea! Boys, I need five dollar bills. Scores of them, 10 score at least!
Dean: How are we gonna find that many.
Hank: How, how. What are you, an owl? He can make it with his magic!
Ghost of Abraham Lincoln: For the last time, Hank, I'm a ghost, not a genie. You two must find a way!
Hank: Wait, does it matter if it's the new fives or the old ones.
Lincoln's Ghost: I... prefer the new ones? But, whatever! Go! Go!!

Why does this episode get pooped on? I enjoy it greatly. About the only thing that doesn't gel is the guy who hates Brock, and vice versa.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Its just not one of the better Venture Brothers episode. I am not saying it is horrible, but there are a lot better Venture Brothers episode.

I thought it was a pretty clever parody of Manchurian Candidate. The only 'meh' episode of VB is probably the Dr. Quymn episode.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

I didn't see it posted in here but I'm pretty sure the fat sphinx guy was supposed to be a knock off jake "the snake" roberts.

But why did he have burns/leprosy and a metal hand?

And have fire guns? Reference to Firefly?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

deong posted:

This has to be half right. It looks just like Jake 'the snake' roberts.
This is Jake in 2013

And OG Snake.

I wish I knew what cobra baddie had a metal hand.

Well, that's Major Bludd.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That was a good episode and the Harryhausen tribute was loving amazing.

It was a fantastic episode. It had claymation St. Cloud and Dr. Venture, with Pete White dressed as a flying nun, and bursting into flames. We saw Brock's illegitimate kids, and got a scientology joke.

What more do you people need?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Billy would buy all that stuff and put it in a museum for everyone to enjoy. :colbert:

I don't remember the robo-Bo Duke museum. :colbert:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Enough with the ghost robot poo poo, they're completely unrelated.

reignofevil posted:

and in season four we learned that he is actually haunted by the many deaths of his sons, so we know that Hank and Dean dying hit him probably about as hard as his dad's death.

Not necessarily doubting - but when do we see this?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

LP97S posted:

I really can't believe people are calling St. Cloud a lazy petty villain in the same show with the Monarch.

(Hank is looking at a list of supervillains in a Guild of Calamitous Intent handbook)
Hank: Man, this is the coolest book ever! There's a guy in here who guards his headquarters with robot cheetahs!
The Monarch: Oh yeah, The Zoo Creeper. Oh, hey, am I in there?
Hank: Ummmmmm, nope.
The Monarch: M, for (shakes fist, intimidating glare) MONARCH!!
Hank: Uh-uh.
The Monarch: Try T, for (same fist-shaking and intimidating glare) THE MONARCH!!
Hank: Hmm, nothin'.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Timeless Appeal posted:

They really need to figure out how to have more Hank/Monarch interactions along with Brock/Monarch interactions.

Hank: I had to sleep in my clothes. Now I feel gross wearing them two days in a row!
The Monarch: You're kidding me, right? That's the only outfit I've ever seen you in!
Hank: Well, that doesn't mean I never wash it.
The Monarch: Fair enough. Number 27! Get the kid a change of clothes! (Looking at Brock) How 'bout you? You ok?
Brock: I didn't sleep in my clothes.
The Monarch: 27! Burn his sheets!

It's true!

The Monarch: Well, Hank, what's it like to be a... liar? Huh? You like being a liar with pants constantly on fire?
Tiny Attorney: Objection your honor, leading.
The Monarch: I'll rephrase that: Hank, are you a liar?
Hank: No sir, I don't think so.
The Monarch: Yes you are!
Dean: You're the liar!
The Monarch: And may I remind you, that I am rubber and you are glue and whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Pick posted:

Poor Hatred thinks he's a terrible bodyguard, but the boys have never died under him. Under Brock, however....

Small sample size.

Hatred's been there for ... maybe a year? Brock was their bodyguard for nearly two decades.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

At some point *** going to ***. *** does have *** on ***.

Thanks for spoiling the teaser ad I'd gone out of my way to avoid, champ.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

Apologies, but I assumed by now you would have watched the 2nd Season. I'll edit my post but dear god man why haven't you got that season in the mail yet!?

Huh? You just spoiled the teaser ad for THIS SUNDAY's episode.

(from Seinfeld)
George: Did anybody see Firestorm?
Mr. Ross: Firestorm, that's a hell of a picture.
George: Yeah.
Mr. Ross: Remember when they had the helicopter land on top of that car-
Frank Costanza: Hey, hey! Come on, come on! I haven't seen it yet!
Mr. Ross: It doesn't have anything to do with the plot!
Frank Costanza: Still! Still! I like to go in fresh. FRESH! :argh:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Brightman posted:

It's somehow even better if you're currently suffering insomnia :D

Those HankBucks are like a little knife twisted in the wound that I have from the regret of not getting in on the shirt club in time :sigh:

Can you even get the original Shirt Club shirts? How much do they go for?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Noreaus posted:

He called him "Uncle Vatred" :3:

Hatred took them to the safest room in the ship. He's actually a decent bodyguard. The boys haven't died under his watch, which is more than you can say for Brock.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

LividLiquid posted:

I used to say that Warburton always sounds like Warburton, and that it was alright because you could still tell Puddy/Joe/Brock/The Tick apart just by his inflection, but Brock has long since stopped being Brock and has melded with Joe from Family Guy.

... did you watch this past Sunday's episode?

bobkatt013 posted:

If you want to see him in an awesome role watch Newsradio.

Ah, yes - the evil Johnny Johnson.

He also does the voice for Superman in a few commercials (one of which co-starred Jerry Seinfeld).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

He is not only evil. He is also the King of Winos! Everyone should watch Newsradio.

One of the best sitcoms produced in the last 20 years, certainly. It dipped a bit in quality when Phil Hartman died, but still one of the best.

:smith: Poor Dave Foley.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

priznat posted:

Slap chop looked to be a combination of Iron Fist and Quick Kick from GI Joe.

The blue and yellow made me think it referenced Dojo or T'Jbang.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

Hank has the best alternate identities. Private Dick Hank, Enrique Matassa, Batman. Dean really needs to step up his game if he ever wants to get laid.

Don't forget: How you say... Russian Guyovitch!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Install Gentoo posted:

If you ever see something in the Venture Bros that could be a music reference? It is. It always is.

Here come the warm jets!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I just realized we're not getting a Sgt. Hatred origin episode this year. :(

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Fevered Madman posted:

We already know his origin. His name is Courtney, he was in OSI, injected with a super-solider serum, went evil and joined the Guild, not as much evil in his old bones anymore, wife left him, went back to OSI, is now Uncle Vatred.

After the gold that was Billy's origin episode, a Hatred episode would be amazing. How/why was he selected for a super-soldier program? How did he get into the Guild?

And I guess he's keeping the boobs forever?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Optimus Subprime posted:

I hope the winner is a Jet Girl cosplay.

The obvious winner would be 21 with "realistic battle damage" (rubbed snack on face).

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sockser posted:

Wearing my Hank Co. shirt today.

Hate having white tshirts. It'll get ruined after like, three wears and demoted to undershirt. But it's such a cool shirt :(

Djarum posted:

I wish it was dark blue like in the show!

http://www.redbubble.com/people/blairjcampbell/works/10134274-hank-co

Wear that shirt with pride, son!

Red fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 18, 2013

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Republicanus posted:

Gotta say, weak as hell season. Didn't like much of it at all throughout. It seemed to be a case of filler episodes capped with another filler episode. Hope next season gets back to the normal quality.

I guess I could understand if people thought this season wasn't as plot-heavy, but I don't know how anyone could watch 'OSI Love You', and not be entertained as hell.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

evilwaldo posted:

Only you and a couple of others. For the most part everyone here has enjoyed the season. To say people were upset is a misnomer. This series was as good as anything they have done to date.

That's the impression I'm getting here, on Twitter, and review sites (especially AV Club).

This season did a great job of tying up a lot of loose ends.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That being said, I can't wait to find out what happens to the Moppets. They were clearly not in tow with the Monarch, DMtM, and Twenty-One.

Is it outlandish to think the Moppets and all the Henchmen are dead? The Cocoon crashed and burned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Jeffrey posted:

Nah, this is like the third time it has happened. Gary rebuilt it the first time with the people he and 24 recruited, and the moppets had the henchmen do it the second time. Cocoon rebuilding season premieres are pretty standard.

I don't think the moppets are dead, and I think they work for Phantom Limb still. I bet there will be another showdown with them in season 6.

The first time it was destroyed, it was detonated on purpose by 21 and 24. It was empty.

The second time I remember it being destroyed, it was empty, except for Dean, who was spaced out, and crashed it into ... the X-1, flown by The Triad - right? All the henchmen were fighting Phantom Limb's troops.

Red fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 24, 2013