Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

That DICK! posted:

There are huge stretches of Venture Brothers that I just straight up do not remember at all, so I figured there'd be something to disprove it somewhere down the line. I've pretty much forgotten anytime Rusty's done anything right.

Rusty is definitely a genius, but it's quickly overshadowed by his laziness and greed. Anything he does is for his own benefit, and not to make the world a better place.

Plus, you know, WALKING EYE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Spoilers about The Prestige pretty much the plot of that movie...Wolverine has an amazing teleportation machine, but it turns out it's just cloning him night after night. He goes on each night knowing he's going to die.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Though I do remember the fun speculation on how the series would continue. Clones was the primary front-runner, but other popular options were that the twins would be gone entirely, and "The Venture Brothers" would just mean Rusty and Jonas

That's one of the reasons I still love the Season 2 opener. Little things like the intro being changed to show Rusty and Jonas Jr. running around, and Jonas saying "But we're the Venture Brothers!" Nice fake out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

It's because Nicholas Gurewitch did a Kickstarter and one of the stretch goals was "release several new PBF comics". I'm guessing we'll have another dry stretch.

Yeah the official promise was 6 new comics in 6 days...that didn't happen

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha everyone theorizing about the new season reminds me of this thread when the Season preview came out "I'm you, from the future!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

My pet theory is Jonas Venture Sr. is the Monarch's real father.

Pretty sure it can't be your "pet" theory when people have been theorizing that for about 10 years now. :D

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"And possibly a larger, possibly more deadly friend with him."

Yeah - it's The Monarch and Gary.

Well that could describe Brock too. :D

Maybe it's the Monarch taking out his competition so he can arch Dr. Venture legally again?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

I like to think his dart shooter has a fancy setting that just makes the tranq stuff super lethal at the press of a button. I mean, in the past he had to alternate with odd and even numbers but now he's in the medium tier slum lord leagues!

Level 6 out of 10, poor dude.

He's clearly got several different darts for different occasion. The stuff they use to clean up vomit, a tiny man, etc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HELLO? SOMEONE HAS LEFT A BABY? IGNORE ME

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SeanBeansShako posted:

THAT WAS A WEIRD ONE.

YES I CAN.

I swear that character is the only one that I laugh hysterically at every single time I watch the episode or see a clip or even think about it.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Kesper North posted:

I really wish I could do that voice. I keep wanting to say the line every time I do something dumb like walk into a glass door. *bang* "IGNORE ME!"

Just do some searching and always carry one with you just in case.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

I love how this show can make funny minor characters based on a pun or simple joke idea, like Girl Hitler, Radical Left, and now Fallen Archer.

Let's not forget the racist White Noise

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

walgreenslatino posted:

Do you even have blood? l mean, you're, like, made out of static. How do you even know you're white?

Man I love that episode. Every scene is gold. Even the end line, Monarch saying "....what." my friend and I still repeat to this day.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yet all I could think of was "IT'S THE POLAR BEAR FROM LOST!!!!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Zasze posted:

O man wide wale is totally https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobias_Whale

I apologies if this was brought up already I didnt see it so far.

Nice, that's definitely it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

I'm really digging all the lady characters with actual lady voices.

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch has a beautiful voice and I won't hear otherwise.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So, am I the only Greek mythology nerd that is way too happy Warriana calls Brock "Heracles"? That little nerd inside screams every time I see Hercules in Greek mythology movies/comics/etc. HERCULES IS ROMAN DAMMIT YOU DON'T CALL ZEUS JUPITER DO YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

Also Nathan Fillion voiced Brown Widow.

For many years now!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

Something tells me that The Monarch will either be divorced or a widower by the end of this season. Two weeks ago I was leaning towards the former, now I'm more firmly towards the latter.

No way does Dr. Mrs. The Monarch die. Her, the Monarch, Brock and the boys are pretty much the core cast that the finale will focus on when it airs in 2022, during season 8.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bull3964 posted:

That really is the best way to get to level 10. 'Kill' the blue morpho and he becomes super badass.

Just a few short years till we find the answer to this mystery!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

6-year plan man posted:

I'm hanging on to a thread of hope that they'll write in think tank to next season, maybe he survived because he made a protective bubble right before the harangatank smooshed him into the ground. He's just badly injured guys I'm sure of it at this point.

This post just made me realize that I had a dream recently where there was another episode with him in it. I don't know if I'm sad that I'm dreaming about Venture Brothers or proud.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, that's what gave me the idea. If Mark Hamil wasn't charging 190bux for an autograph i'd get him to sign the Simpsons season he was in as well. Conroy is only $40.

BTW, other greybeards remember when you got autographs for free, or for a donation to charity? God drat for profit cons.

drat pirates downloading everything instead of buying DVDs and paying for cable forcing people to charge for stuff. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Machai posted:

Probably just astral projected

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANNOT CLAIM MILEAGE? WHY, THE ASTRAL PLANE IS MILLIONS OF MILES, I MERELY AM ASKING FOR 35 CENTS FOR 20 MILES!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Latest season and Gargantua 2 popped up on Hulu+. Binge rewatch!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

uber_stoat posted:

it's been a long time since I watched the whole series, so I've been running straight through from the start. hulu really needs to play a wider variety of commercials. I really want to strangle country music insurance salesman guy.

Same here. I don't mind commercials but they not only show the same commercials every commercial break, they'd sometimes show the same commercial two times in a row!!!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Man James Urbaniak was totally cast against type tonight on Supergirl as a mad scientist.

Him being in the show for such a short time was one of many terrible things about this week's episode. Stupid Kevin Smith putting his kid in everything he touches now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If anyone doesn't have it already, Season 4 is $13 for the Blu-Ray.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was almost entirely a copy from the ending of the movie darkman if you’ve never seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4YcCF8uLiI&t=130s

Bruce Campbell/Sam Raimi early cameo team up there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Splint Chesthair posted:

For a long time Patrick Stewart was trying to get Transmetropolitan made with himself as Spider.

Too unrealistic a decade ago. Too realistic now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

It really makes me wonder how Hunter would have felt about that election, one of many reasons I'm sad he's gone

I frequently wonder similar, and also what Bill Hicks would be saying, if he made it past Bush 2.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If anyone doesn't have them, Vudu has all the seasons for $10 each.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

I assume they mean Harley Quinn, which is a fun show that hits on many of the same themes and ideas.

Yeah while I was watching it I legit looked it up to see if anyone from VB was involved in the production.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

In another thread, somebody posted that Amazon(?) was pulling access to digital copies of Final Space that had been purchased in their store. I feel like that's happened before (maybe with iTunes?). Like even if you paid a price commiserate to purchasing physical copies of these seasons, you're losing access to them--in this case likely forever.

EDIT: Here it is. I haven't vetted it myself.

So yeah, apparently purchase physical copies and/or pirate your media, because you don't ever truly own access to them otherwise.

I have pirated copies of VB for just this reason. I've bought them on physical AND digital so I don't feel bad about having a backup.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pablo gbscobar posted:

I really wish they'd gone ahead with their idea to have a Phantom Limb figure that was just a torso that rattled around loosely in the box.

Not a single person in this thread that wouldn't be all over that

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

My favorite part of the rescue zoo was the penguins from Batman Returns still rocking their missile backpacks

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I love that the logo on his battle van is a big heart.

Who was the mummy dude parodying?

I assumed it was Darkman

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vakal posted:

The only really downer to the finale to me was that the original "natural" born Dean and Hank are long, long dead

I loved the "He won't end up in a ditch. I remember when blah blah blah .... oh, we did actually find him dead in a ditch that time"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Is there any particular reason they released the complete series on DVD and not Blu-ray? I know the first X seasons are only on DVD but it seems like a silly choice

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone know the dimensions of the poster in the Blu-ray? I can't find my tape measure and want to get a plastic sleeve/frame for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

This makes me feel old because of the title Venture Bros Everybodys Free.avi.

Like Tribute.wmv