Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Umph posted:

Hey this is untested but what's that show that's animated like frisky dingo that people have avatars of?

Archer, one of the greatest animated shows of all time that's been out for years and airs on FX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

Rusty VS Jonas Venture Sr. Who's more horrible?

Because before I'd have said Jonas but Rusty is giving his dad a serious run for his money here.

Jonas made Rusty kill a man with a key when he was young.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

I doubt a weird costume would give Brock pause.

I like it with the helmet on.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Optimus Subprime posted:

Grown up Johnny Quest has possibly the best line in the series so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF2Hli6oKeA&t=59s

Also, everything he does on Venture Bros is canon because its all owned by Turner Broadcasting.

I thought they had to change him to Action Johnny for some rights reasons.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Lately it feels like the show wants to be storyline driven but doesn't want to get caught up in the storyline and leave the jokes behind so it somehow ends up half-assing them both and leaves people disappointed on both ends.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

It seems to me like traditional animation is something that could thrive during current events. Unlike CGI which requires massive and expensive render farms impossible to recreate at home, wouldn't 2D animation be much more achievable from a home environment spread out amongst a lot of individual animators? Especially with other types of productions unable to restart for so long.

If anything, I think the thing that puts VB's future most at risk is Publick and Hammer now living on opposite coasts and only working on the show together remotely. I can't imagine that situation is easy or fun to create a show under, at least compared to the early days where they shared a studio and just had a great time goofing off together. I wouldn't be surprised if Publick wanted to jump to a new show when the opportunity came along, and I also wouldn't be surprised if Hammer got out of the business and just focused on his music and being a weirdo.

Though really I wouldn't mind the next season being the last. As much as I love the show, it's transformed into a very very different thing over the course of season 2 to season 7. It's now a character-centric sitcom that takes place in a comic book world. It's grown, changed, matured, and stretched its wings just about as far as I'd imagine it can. Based on the trajectory of the show I'm not really sure where it goes next other than more of the same. VB was way ahead of its time when it came to the mainstreaming, grounding, and nuanced exploration of big weird comic book universes. It's gotten to the point where it's not really riffing on anything else and is just its own wonderful insular thing. It could stay in that mode forever and I'd still watch it, but I'd rather see it stop than stagnate.

e: Though the next scene I get with Orpheus in it will probably change my mind and I'll be begging for more.

You have this backwards cg from home is way way cheaper then 2d animation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Winklebottom posted:

Going to arch Michael Ouweleen, I'm taking henchmen applications.

Haven't decided on a theme yet but I'm thinking I'm going to throw poo at him

You can call yourself the Fan-doom and we can all dress up as characters from canceled shows as your hench.