Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
"Hey bro, can you speak in Silent Tongue?"
"If he punches me, I might poop myself a little. I can feel some poop coming."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Anyone else notice on Shore Leave's guild ID Eyes was labeled YUMMY?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

But is he, by his nature, a hedonist? :ohdear:

I... I have cuttlefish...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

poo poo, Wide Whale's primary motivation for arching Venture is probably to spite the Monarch.

After all, the Monarch murdered his brother.

I think he was one of the bit characters you just absolutely feel terrible for--he just wanted to teach the world about love and aquatic mammals :(

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 9, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

shades of eternity posted:

Man

I'm wondering if their wonder woman analogue isn't using a lasso of honesty as much as a lasso of submission.

It's been played for comedic effect but something doesn't smell right, even for this show.

I honestly thought it was a gag too, it makes people tell the truth she wants to hear or something. He seemed confused the when she let go of him in the first time but who knows.

I mean that whole crew are Wide Wales' partners to some degree so they could totally be sketchy, even if they're all really hilarious parodies.

He laughed at the name :mad:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The line about the power suit had me cracking up way too much. Brock still owns even if his car and music and outfit and hair are all antiquated.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Still I am always a little weary of the big dudes at Adult Swim putting the kibosh on shows that I enjoyed. I want to say Metalocalypse got canned on the basis that the show was too serious and not funny anymore, kinda like Morel Orel. I hope it never comes down to that with Rick and Morty or the Venture Bros.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Shindragon posted:

No, Metalocalpyse got canned because Adult Swim didn't want to let Brandon Small do the mini series for the finale. That show was actually quite popular.

AS has done stupid poo poo before.

See I heard that Metalocalypse died because Lazzo more or less decided it was time to die and wasn't funny anymore. ATHF met the same fate. In general the guy is pretty brutal from what I've read.

And yeah its plenty drat stupid to kill either of those shows

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Another thing about Lazzo: Eric Andre was really excited to meet him and asked him about Space Ghost Coast to Coast because he loved the show and Lazzo was one of the big creators of the show and the response was: "he couldn't give a poo poo about Space Ghost. He's like, 'What? Space Ghost? Space Ghost is dead to me." So yeah, the guy might be a good judge of things but he's a very very blunt guy.

RandallODim posted:

I stopped watching Metalocalypse during season 3 for just this reason. It just wasn't the same somehow, and I can't put my finger on it.

Yeah I honestly kind of agree that Metalocalypse got weirder and weirder and I was less inclined to watch it but all the same I wanted to see the end of it and the big movie thing ended on a to be continued note that I was bummed out to hear. Brendan Small is trying to finish the series though through crowdfunding so who knows. So long as they keep Squidbillies, Rick and Morty, and Venture Brothers around I'll still watch the channel. I'd like to think Family Guy reruns don't keep the channel afloat anymore

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Bitter Mushroom posted:

What was the music in the flashback scene where Gary 'gets his wings'?

Sounded like a knockoff of Gimme Shelter

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Red Death is loving incredible holy poo poo.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Could someone make some gifs of red death? Particularly ones that could be av able. I'm thinking about maybe changing mine and I am not talented with gif making.

Especially the moments when his eyes change color and he gets super violent.

A man can do terrible things when he's lost his way. Terrible things...

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 8, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Oh man that Leila is excellent... can you maybe do the yellow eyes then when he gets all perky about brownies?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Cacafuego posted:

Oh hey, new posts, wonder what happened?!

:yikes:

Seriously, no poo poo. It was a joke that Doc was trying to get laid and was terrible flirting and an equally terrible scientist. Besides, he's always been a sketchy pathetic loser so this is all within his range.

Operation PROM was probably one of the more satisfying episodes as a finale. I knew they were doing more but I told friends that I'd be totally okay with then hanging up the towel and make that the series finale because it had a lot of closure and was a bit heartwarming. Plus the song was really good.

That being said, how many seasons you guys think we got in the tank? Can't imagine them still going five or ten years from now and them still doing this poo poo considering Doc himself is drat near 50.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

aaaaaaaa it's coming back guys oh my god is it real are we real

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

A man can do terrible things when he's lost his way.

Terrible things...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I don't really care about what words they use or used at all, the show has always been extremely fuckin' good. If anything the fact they're so godamn infrequent is the worst thing Publick and Hammer have done. I don't think they're gonna use words that get people mad in 2018 but even still I'll watch it and be happy we get more of it.

Is there any confirmation of how many episodes they're doing this go round? It'd suck if they pretended five episodes is a drat season again.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah I dont think the two purposely wanted to call that a season either because Lazzo is kind of an rear end, but I really hope he's giving them more to work with

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

kind of an rear end is a huge understatement when it comes to Mike Lazzo

I've mentioned it in the rick and morty thread but i know he's kinda heartlessly killed off a few great shows (metalocalypse, athf, space ghost coast to coast, cartoon planet, morel orel) because they either weren't personally funny to him or they got too serious.

He did keep Squidbillies around which is arguably the best show in all of Adult Swim but hey.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Consummate Professional posted:

I managed to catch a bit of live adult swim last night in my hotel and caught the Halloween episode again. I totally forgot J.K. Simmons was in an episode!

Huh, really? Goddamn that actually is him! It's so weird hearing him speak so softly I wouldn't have ever noticed it was him.

My big revelation that my GF pointed out was that Think Tank is voiced by Jeffrey Wright (of Westworld fame)! It's so cool how they got so many people in.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mantis42 posted:

Just the opposite, Metalocalypse was in the home stretch and [adult swim] cancelled it before they could wrap up the story.

Yeah this is blue balls incarnate. They tried to revive the show with a bunch of backers but Adult Swim firmly denied it. I really wanted to see how it all turned out :(

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

tldr: Brendon Small hosed himself himself over by buying into his own hype just like Dethklok always did in Metalocalypse. Very very meta.

Is there anywhere that substantiates all of that? I thought Doomstar Requiem was it's own thing AS wanted and paid for and then they'd pay for a season 5. If it's true then that sucks he was being greedy then

And yeah as far as I understand Galaktikon is Dethklok just add outer space

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Some folks are discussing the first couple of episodes online. Are people just throwing poo poo at the wall or is there some way people are watching them?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Er I mean season 7, not the previous seasons.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Well poo poo!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yknow part of me genuinely thinks they had a grand idea for this show after seeing the first two episodes, but it was such a quick dropped line or two in the earlier seasons nobody would have noticed.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Please man can we cut this poo poo out at the pass? There's been a single episode aired and reading about stuff about the story or the show or cool stuff the creators have done is so much better than goons arguing what was the creepiest this or that for three or four pages

Do you guys think they're gonna make regular characters out of Jonas and Vendata as of episode 3? I feel like its gonna be kinda odd if they stuck around for a while but they probably should be around to explain all the hosed up poo poo they've done. Like Jonas is the source where all of Doc's problems

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

No, just speculating off of the second episode's ending, assuming the guy that goes into the building is monarch's dad/vendata

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

Ghost Robot should go on more dates

We need a gif of when he turns to Brock and winks

Fingers... fingers... fingers...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

God, it's unreal how much of a total monster Jonas is. Like goddamn, he's quite possibly the villain of the entire series. I love as this goes on you realize how much of a dick he truly was and how nearly all the bad poo poo in the past is directly something he did. This episode was fuckin' incredible.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pnumoman posted:

And I'm sure Jonas held Col. Gentleman's predilections over his head back then as well.

My guess is Colonel Gentleman wouldn't give a gently caress because he's a depraved weirdo (he wants to get FILTHY!) where Blue Morpho would care Jonas would leak a sex tape to his wife because y'know, he cares about his wife and stuff.

I'm really satisfied by this episode and I do hope both Morpho and Jonas return. They didn't unceremoniously frag both of them and they didnt linger forever but we got a lot of cool background info.

If anything it's probably good Jonas died for a second time. The idea of him running around in the world is probably more dangerous than anyone else from the old Team Venture era

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Aug 20, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I'll beat the living poo poo out of you until my arthritis kicks in... and I just took my Humira.

This episode was loving great and the end with Dr Mrs The Monarch and The Monarch was really sweet. :kimchi:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Oh my god pull up

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

So what the gently caress happened to Doc Hammer? Are we gonna have to wait another six goddamn years for another season?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah I'm not ready to call the sky falling yet but if it's true that really really sucks. Hopefully its just a stupid tweet by some generic blue check guy

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Oh. Well, poo poo.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

That loving sucks. Robot Chicken is now the longest running Adult Swim original show.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Bust Rodd posted:

Robot Chicken is only 10, Aqua Teen Hunger Force ran from 2000 to 2015 and got 14 seasons.

Longest running show still on the air unless you somehow count 12oz Mouse, but no normal person should

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

That announcement at least gives me a tiny shred of hope, but given how much of a bunch of tremendous assholes to Metalocalpyse fans in the past few years with the fax machine that fed letters requesting to revive the show went straight into a garbage can while they smirked at the camera, I don't really know how much I can expect. It would be easier to accept their words if it wasn't how condescending they've been in the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mokinokaro posted:

Blame Brandon Small for utterly burning bridges in some of the most rear end in a top hat ways possible.

I know Small did something exactly but wasn't sure on the total picture, it sounds like you have an idea?

It still doesn't really justify the cruelty to the fans of the show unless I dunno, Small murdered someone