Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Ted was there too, guys! Were there any other recognizable faces among the undead outside of the clones and groovy crew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

Same here. Is there any joke beyond 'Hank gets circumcised'?

I thought Hank was already circumcised though. Didn't Rusty chastise him for making fun of Dean's "dog wiener"?

...Did he get re-circumcised? :gonk:

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

So it's not exactly as mind-blowing as the rest of the episode (holy poo poo that loving picture I can't wait for that to get resolved), but no one else liked "It's so smooth, it even feels like skin"? :( It felt nice to actually recognize a music reference for once.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

In S1E1, what does the student ask during Rusty's lecture and what does the professor answer? I'm assuming that most of the attendees are in the wrong class given most of them leave when the question is answered, but what do they think they're there for?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

One of my favorite bits is when Shore Leave bitches about having Dean on his football team. The delivery is fantastic.

Nyeh~eh! Dean!

e: Oh man I forgot about another good one, and in the same clip even! - "I really wanted to be skins."

Vanrushal fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 10, 2015

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I remember living with some friends and being my usual night owl self and having Adult Swim on while I was on my pc. I seem to recall hearing (my pc was faced away from the tv) the pilot episode several times and not really sure what to make of it. I don't remember exactly what got me hooked on the show, but it may have been something as simple as "They hit me with a truck" and the ensuing vehicular carnage; I'm pretty sure Brock was my initial draw.

Also I'm not sure I could ever get my fill of listening to James Urbaniak. I wish his podcast updated more often. :(

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

This all just helped me realize that when Brock was asking about a termination clause, he was asking about what to do with Rusty re: ORB. Up until now I thought he was asking about his options for just quitting the OSI/the mission (especially when he asks if he's been fired or made an attempted murder victim) and I had no idea why as nothing up to that point seemed, I dunno, weird enough to make him want to quit. That's probably the biggest plot thing to fly right over my head in the entire run, not sure whether Doc and Jackson could have been a bit clearer on it or if I'm just kinda dumb or a bit of both.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

So the Adult Swim Venture Bros stream has been airing Season 2 on repeat for at least the past several days. Do I have a special hosed up version of the stream or is this just what we're getting for the time being?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Wait a sec, you're Dean loving Venture! King! I need to buy my bitch back.

gently caress you, gimme a dolla!

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Isn't that the guy from De-peche Mode?

Where? Holy crap, he's with a girl!

Oh yeah he's totally straight. I saw a whole thing about him on the VH1.

But he's the guy from Depeche Mode. That's impossible.

Straight.

Come on, he's in Depeche Mode!

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

So, what's it like being, uh...

A Dean?

Yeah, a Dean. That must suck.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Pope Guilty posted:

How's that feel? You still wanna be a supervillain?

Well I do now, you have my wallet.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

drrockso20 posted:

Clearly we need Brick Frog as a Councilman

Ugh, worse than useless.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Sash! posted:

Remember, he murdered the bartender at the strip club only because he'd made fun of his hair cut.

Brock just beat the poo poo out of him. He's still bartending during the season 3 finale.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I heard "Runny Bottom" which I figured was in line with Doc's disgusting drinks. Also my hearing sucks. :v: But yeah, a band reference isn't surprising.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Cloks posted:

You want to see my stamp collection?

Only if we were philatelists.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

Post your favorite shore leave scenes for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6LcFFi5as&t=31s

NYEH!

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

30 drawings of Hank and Bean

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Even back in season 1 I figured Bud was the guy who sabotaged movie night just so he'd be alone with Baldevich (also guessing that he came up with some reason or other that she should be doing anything else at the time and it worked) and that Phantom Spaceman was his way of dodging the guilt. Why else would he not be present for the event that literally every other crew member attended?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Think Tank survived! :unsmith:

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

big dyke energy posted:

Thanks for the update, Gary. Dammit Donnie, why you gotta get so smart on us?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Pasketti!

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Yeah, when initially listening to the commentary I did not recognize Doc's voice at all. It didn't take too long to get acclimated to it and I even thought "how did I not hear this as Doc in the first place?", but it was pretty jarring at first.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

tarlibone posted:

I know. I was treating "thaumaturgic man mound" like "the Valsalva maneuver."

That is... downright esoteric.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

We're gonna get our asses kicked. We didn't have a breakfast.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

gently caress you, gimme a dollar

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

It smells like a bible story in here.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Nyeh~ehh! Dean!

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Hello~o? Col Gentleman? He-hello? Are you teh home?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I haven't seen the captions, just always parsed it as "teh" and it struck me funny that Hank would even be familiar with the term. Also like that it could be a kind of counter to The Monarch loving it up in Victor. Echo. November. I could be completely wrong tho. :v:

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

Say, Bud. Or is it Budley? Budward? What's Bud short for?

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I have a high-velocity cannon pointed at your chest!

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I once jerked off twelve times in one day just to see if I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I know he wears an awful lot of purple for a white guy. What else you wanna know?