Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

ScurvyKip posted:

Shion is pushed by Jr. She loses her balance and falls to the ground. Weak from the explosion, the hangar falls over her head
THE END.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whit27
Oct 14, 2012

Wh-What do you mean that's the actual plot?!
So apparently in the future, cats are known harbingers of fatal distraction and chaos and are to be captured or eliminated with extreme prejudice. Maybe future researchers stumbled upon the volume of cat memes and videos of the early internet age and said: "NO MORE." Either that or :catdrugs:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gnosis are just cats.

They're nearly impossible to kill because HELLO, NNE LIVES HERE

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

resurgam40 posted:

Um... so the reason KOS-MOS is attacking people is that she has a virus, which causes her to act like a cat, hear people as cats, and to see a cat... and her first reaction to seeing a cat was to try to blow it up...which she persisted in even after getting the hearing people as cats thing cured... and she was only stopped when MOMO whacked her over the head with a frying pan... and this is all because of a virus Allen gave her somehoWHY THE HELL IS THIS A THING WHO ASKED FOR THIS?!?

As a confirmed dog person, I'm pretty sure that's how cats behave, seeing another cat is grounds to eradicate it from all existence.

Why this is a thing, why Allen did this thing or why chaos decided to be such a loving poo poo to let this progress despite his Mary Sue powers I don't know.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Accurate to xenosaga 2 gameplay, momo can one-shot the most advanced combat robot in the galaxy

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
I just now noticed this, but we got (almost) a gold thread on our hands here. I'm really happy to see that you all have enjoyed this for so long. You guys are awesome for sticking with this.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Whoops, looks like I pushed it over :v: Congrats.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

I just now noticed this, but we got (almost) a gold thread on our hands here. I'm really happy to see that you all have enjoyed this for so long. You guys are awesome for sticking with this.

resurgam40 posted:

Well, I generally tend not to vote until a LP thread is over (because of all the aborted ones I have read), but I broke my rule tonight for this one.

Sorry I am weird about it.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Samizdata posted:

Well, I generally tend not to vote until a LP thread is over (because of all the aborted ones I have read), but I broke my rule tonight for this one.

Sorry I am weird about it.

It's alright, he's already finished two games which is more than you can say for some other threads here.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It's alright, he's already finished two games which is more than you can say for some other threads here.

This franchise in particular has seen multiple aborted threads on ONE game only.

2 completed games and Freaks are already worthy of Gold.

Hell, just enduring Freaks is worthy of Gold in my book.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

resurgam40 posted:

I'll admit when I saw the mention of almost going gold l was like "oh yeah you can rate threads, huh. 5."

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So wait, did a giant gnosis actually almost materialize inside the ship and break it apart or were KOS-MOS' sensors just going haywire and chaos used his BS knowledge to keep her from blowing up the ship? It feels like that would be a thing to have an image of if she actually started blasting a real threat to the ship.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

Zagglezig posted:

So wait, did a giant gnosis actually almost materialize inside the ship and break it apart or were KOS-MOS' sensors just going haywire and chaos used his BS knowledge to keep her from blowing up the ship? It feels like that would be a thing to have an image of if she actually started blasting a real threat to the ship.

It was the Robot academy that was going to just materialize inside the Elsa.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Sorry about the double post, but I have an UPDATE.

Part 4: MOMO's Story

We start just like we did in the first update, doing maintenance on Ziggy.

: It's good, though my left hand is experiencing lag. Reaction rate passes 0.022.
Left hand, huh? Fighting must have worn it out, so it'd be best to exchange it with new parts later.
Alright, I will.

chaos enters the room.

Oh, chaos!
Did something happen?
No, I'm going shopping, but I thought I would ask if you needed anything.
Um, I would like a frying pan. Actually, Shion has been teaching me how to cook, but the Elsa's frying pan is too big for me.
Okay, MOMO wants a frying pan.
Thank you! Ziggy, what are you asking for? I asked for a frying pan!
Frying pan? What for?
For cooking, of course! Shion has been teaching me how to cook lately. I will make a lot of yummy things for you too!
I see. I'm looking forward to it.
Well, I'm going shopping. MOMO, I will get you something cute.
Ok, take care!

chaos leaves the room.

Alright.
Oh, Shion!

Did something happen?
https://lpix.org/2670436/Shion%20Icon.jpg It looks like there are some problems with the Durandal's mainframe.
An abnormality? Perhaps something has happened to KOS-MOS too?
No, she is all right. You know, because she's pretty tough.
Thank goodness... Shion, don't do anything reckless.
Uh... What's that supposed to mean?

Ziggy interjects, keeping the conversation on track. He cant hear very good during the adjustment, poor Ziggy.

Did something happen?
It looks like something has happened on the Durandal. Someone tried to break into the mainframe.
The enemy wasn't there?
Umm, I think the fact that the government areas didn't respond to the enemy's power is a good thing. With Shion in such a rush, maybe she caused it.

Shion leaves the room.

You're right, people are just coming one after the other. Ah! What's wrong Ziggy, are you hurt somewhere?
No, it's just getting lonely somehow.
Oh, it's Jr. this time.

Jr., did something happen to the Durandal?
No, it was just a prank. It isn't a big deal.
It was just a prank?

MOMO turns to Ziggy again.

Is the Durandal's condition bad?
No, damage itself isnt so bad. There is no need to worry.
Thank goodness.

Jr. leaves the room.

Ok!

The intercom kicks on.

Hey, is Miss 100-Series there?
Oh, Captain! Has something happened?
Sorry for asking, but we need your help on the bridge. I'm counting on you!
Ziggy... I'm sorry. May I go to the captain for a moment?
Yes, I don't mind. Don't worry about me.
Then, please bear with it for the moment. After this, I will make you shiny!
I know...

Before we go to the bridge, we're gonna stop in and see KOS-MOS.

There is currently some abnormality on the Durandal. Because of that, my adjustment work has been suspended.
Oh, you're talking about the motherframe. I heard about that from Shion. She had to go to the Durandal.
Yes, I was ordered to remain in standby mode until she returns.
KOS-MOS, you're like Ziggy. He is waiting in the middle of his adjustment too.
Who ordered this?
Um, I asked him.
Understood. Ziggy is currently waiting because of MOMO's order.
What!? Ziggy is following my order? But I don't have the authority to give him orders...

I can hear the laugh track now. Anyway, next stop, the Durandal's bridge.

Oh, Bunny!
Huh, Bunny? Um, I'm MOMO, not Bunny!
Ah, don't worry about that; it's just something we talked about earlier. If I say anything more, I will get punished by Little Master later.
Jr. would... punish you?

Abort, abort, quick, change the subject!

Umm, I heard there are some problems with the motherframe.

Phew, nice save.

That's right. MOMO, I'm sorry. We can play together after fixing all of this mess.
Ah, don't worry about me.

MOMO talks to Shelley, maybe she has some more info.

Umm, how is the situation looking?
You're worried about it, aren't you? Thank you very much for the concern.
Umm, can I help with anything?
No need to, everything is all right. With so many of your sisters here, we can remain calm.
Attract inhibitor output at 130 percent! Restart scanning of infection route!
Everyone is amazing. I couldn't expect less from my sisters.

:3:

Next on our tour of not going to the Elsa bridge, the Zohar Isolation Area.

Oh, MOMO? Unfortunately, I don't have time to play. Sorry.

Jr. runs off, without even saying goodbye, the jerk.

Ah, Jr! ...Has something happened?

Time to go to the Elsa's bridge, finally.

Oh, you finally came. Go, sit beside Hammer and adjust the sensors. I'm counting on you.
Understood!
The Durandal has an abnormality? I didn't notice it at all. There aren't any problems here. No need to worry about it.
So, it would be okay to not worry about it?
Anyway, little miss, hurry up and make the adjustment!
Ah, right! Hammer, please watch over me while we work!
No, no, you being here has really saved me. Our captain has a habit to push all of the work on others and not do anything himself.
I heard that, you idiot!

The captain kicks Hammer in the head just because.

That hurts!

Something the matter, MOMO?
We can't adjust because of an error. I think it's probably because the link with the Durandal's motherframe was cut off.
What? You mean there's no response from the motherframe?
That's right... It's probably because of the abnormalities that occurred on the Durandal.
Hey, hey, don't even joke about that. We can't do any drat maintenance because of it. Little miss, sorry, but you need to go to the Durandal's bridge and ask about the situation.
Ah, ok!
Geez, what are they doing? When will we be able to go and make some money?
That's right, you won't be able to pay off your debt if this keeps up. Umm, if you want, you can have my pocket money.

...Idiot. If I did that, I would be killed by Little Master and the cyborg.
MOMO, I'm sorry, but you should hurry. If we keep waiting like this, I'll go crazy!
Hm, right! I'll hurry up!
Don't worry about it, MOMO. That guy's head was already messed up to begin with. The motherframe's abnormality can be checked here too. It doesn't look like a mere accident either.
No way, do you think it was an attack? But there aren't any signs of enemy forces around here, right?
Well, being on guard won't hurt.

Now we need to go back to the Durandal's bridge... Let's go not do that.

Shion is currently in her room along with Allen.
I see. Poor KOS-MOS, you're alone... I will call those two here for you!
Shh, shh, shh! MOMO, you do not understand the situation. Under these circumstances, we can't interfere with Shion's and Allen's actions.
Huh, really?
Yes, that was Jr.'s suggestion.
Hmm... Why can't we interfere?
Jr. said not to interfere, but to monitor them.
Monitor? Hmm, that is complicated. I don't really get it.

Seems pretty obvious to me. Let's go see Ziggy and let him know we're gonna be a little longer.

Oh, MOMO? I've been waiting for you. Sorry, but could you quickly...
I'm sorry, Ziggy! Please wait a little longer before we continue your adjustment.
Oh... Alright, I don't mind. Your work is more important.
I'll get back as soon as I get done.

Next stop, the Durandal, but we get interrupted as soon as we step off the Elsa.

And we get run into by none other than...

Ah, I'm sorry! Are you alright?
It hurts. My butt is going to be red later thanks to that! If I was a large-scale combat vehicle, I would have turned into a scrap heap.
Um, I'm sorry... Ah!? You're Robot Academy's Professor!
Huh? Hm? Do we know each other from somewhere?
Yes, I'm MOMO. 100-Series Realian, MOMO. Don't you remember?
MOMO? But my favorite food is white peaches...

Been a while since we've seen a pun. About time.

Oh, Scott. Good afternoon!
Huh, ah!? 100-MOMO? Go-good afternoon! Um, we are in a hurry. I'm very sorry!! Hey, Professor, please hurry up. He, hehe...
Scott seemed to be hiding something. While dragging the Professor with him, Scott left an artificial smile.
Eh? ...what's going on? Did something happen?

CLACK

Huh? Did something fall on the floor? What's that? It looks like some kind of control disc... Did the Professor drop it? I'll give it back later. Ah, anyway, I need to get back to the bridge now!

Seems that those two had more to do with this than initially thought... It's no doubt Allen couldn't cause all this on his own. We're going to go to the Residential Area really quick before we hit the bridge.

Before MOMO called out to Shion, she remembered her talk with KOS-MOS from earlier.

Ah, that's right. She suggested to watch and not interfere.

I'm so glad this is more lighthearted and not convoluted as hell.

No, it's nothing important. It's about Allen... Oh, no need. It's nothing in particular. Anyway, I will be back soon.
It seems as though she is communicating with someone. I wonder what that was about? Did something happen to Allen?

Alright, time to check in on the bridge.

Um, I didn't come to play. I came because of Captain Matthews's request...
Captain Matthews's request?
Yes. Because of a lost link to the motherframe, the Elsa can't be adjusted. I came to check on the situation.
I see. That's a bummer.
Um, as I thought, it was caused by the abnormality, right? Did something happen to the motherframe?
Don't worry, MOMO. We cut off functionality of the motherframe temporarily because someone tried to hack it.
Yeah, that's right. It will still take more time to restart the motherframe. Sorry. Pass that on to Captain Matthews. Well, it's probably just a prank. It'll be all right. Little Master is looking for the culprit right now.
Did you find the culprit?
No, but with Little Master's excitement, I believe he'll find him soon. Between those two, I would worry more over Little Master's over-enthusiasm.
It's okay, MOMO. We'll protect the motherframe.

Let's report back to the Captain. Back to the Elsa we go!

!?
Allen noticed MOMO when she called his name. Without losing a second, he hurried into the elevator.
What am I going to do? For some reason, both Shion and Allen are acting weird.

We could follow Allen to KOS-MOS's room, but he was smart enough to lock the door. Let's just go report our findings to Matthews.

Yes. But it's just a prank, so we've been told not to worry about it. Jr. is already looking for the culprit.
What, then it's no use. There is nothing we can do. Little miss, adjust as much as possible.
Ok!

Little Master is searching for the culprit? I feel bad for whoever it is. It will be like running into a beehive.

I see, someone was hacking. That explains why the motherframe's bypass was cut. Well, that's why the 100-Series are here. They make the perfect protection.

As soon as we start to make adjustments, an alarm goes off in the Elsa.

W-we're being hacked! Someone is trying to interfere with the mainframe!
Hammer, expand the protective wall! Leave the controls to me!
Got it! I'll leave it to you, MOMO!
Alright!
Hey, Hammer, you didn't catch the enemy's position!?
I'm doing it right now! Okay, I found the whereabouts of the criminals! Tch! That's impossible!
Hurry up and spit it out!
It-it's being hacked from KOS-MOS's control room!
poo poo. For what reason would they want to break into the Elsa's mainframe?! What are the Durandal guys doing?!
Geez, I don't get it! Why would they want to take over such a poor ship like this one? The only thing they could gain is its massive debt!
It's no use! It's helpless! They've completely taken over the mainframe!
MOMO desperately tried to prevent the enemy's attacks. With and unusually stern look in her eyes, she focused only on the console before her.
How does it look, MOMO?
They're constantly surpassing the protective wall. With my reaction speed, I can't protect it.
That's impossible! No human can interfere with you, MOMO!
Then what is it? You sayin' the culprit is a monster!?
Kyaa!

Hey, are you alr...g...

MOMO fell unconscious, and we wake up in...

Oh HELL NO. Nope. I was promised I was done with Xenosaga II!!!

A cat?

Ah, it's Sakura! Haven't seen her in a bit.

Who... are you? Somehow... I feel slightly nostalgic. Ummm, I'm 100-Series Realian prototype MOMO. What is this place? Could you tell me your name?
Hearing MOMO's voice, the girl smiled. Without uttering a word, she ran off into the field.
Ah, wait! Such a soft... warm feeling. This is the first time I've been in this place but it feels like I know it from the past... It feels like it's a very important place...

Alright, let's get this over with and go after her, into the house we go.

...Excuse me.

Jr...?
It's ok, already...

For once I'm glad to see Shion, anything to get out of that nightmare.

Nn, a, Shion?
How are you feeling?
Umm, it looks like I'm okay!
Thank goodness... For a moment, I didn't know if everything had gone right.
You came to help me! Thank you very much. It makes me very happy!

Ah, right! Is everyone safe!?
Yes, for now, everyone is fine.
Thank goodness... There was a sudden interference with the motherframe. I tried my best to prevent it.
Yeah, I know. But if you couldn't prevent it, they couldn't have been human.
Because... it wasn't human.
What do you mean, MOMO?
The results of the scan before before I collapsed indicated the access point from the mainframe where the attack originated. It was from KOS-MOS' control room.
!? ...No way, it was KOS-MOS?
There's no doubt... It was KOS-MOS. She's probably been infected with the same nanovirus as me.
No... That girl was... MOMO, do you know where KOS-MOS is?!
Yes. Ummm, she's moving on to the Elsa's lower floor. I will go there too and support Ziggy!

That's all well and good, but we gotta make sure the others know we're ok. Let's go to the bridge.

MOMO!!
MOMO! Thank goodness, you're safe.
Seriously, I was worried for a moment.
Yeah, thank you for worrying about me!

Hey, you two! There's no time to talk or rest!
Um, how is the ship's status?
It's not for you to worry about. You should go and rest. We will try to do something about this.
Captain... You really are worrying about me!
Do-don't say such stupid things. I said that you would be in the way of our work.

:3: Awww, even the captain is a big ol' softie.

Oh, while you were sleeping, both the Elsa and the Durandal were damaged.
I'm sorry. If I had only tried harder, I would have been able to protect the Elsa...
What are you saying? It could have been much worse. It's not such a big deal.
It's good that you are okay, MOMO. For a moment, I thought the worst.
Thank you for worrying about me!
Now, because KOS-MOS is on a rampage, try not to wander around too much.

With that out of the way, we can assess the situation on the Durandal.

Hey, you there! This road is blocked now. Hurry up and leave the area!!
Oh, Mary!
Ah, it was you, MOMO? As you can see, this dock is blocked right now. Sorry, I need to do something about this first.

With nowhere else to go, let's go check in with Ziggy.

MOMO! You're safe!
Ziggy!? Jr., what happened here?
KOS-MOS suddenly... old man was... Uuuh.
Huh, you're not saying that Ziggy is...?

MOMO gives our old friend a once over, just to make sure.

Damnit, old man. We will avenge you!
Jr! Ziggy is still alive!
Huh, really?
That's right! He's just unconscious from shock. Ziggy, I will save you right now!
MOMO, how does it look? Can you help the old man?
It will be alright. I will definitely help him!

Ziggy wakes up, to MOMO's relief.

MOMO...?
How are you feeling, Ziggy?
I'm afraid not too well. I saw a nightmare I did not want to see. KOS-MOS was... What happened after that?
I don't know. She said 'nya, nya' and left. Anyway, it's clear that KOS-MOS wasn't acting normal.
MOMO, you lost consciousness. Are you alright?
Yes, Shion saved me. But when I came here I was really surprised.
I'm sorry. You were a big help.
Hehehe.
Anyway, we can't leave it like this.
Right, the longer we wait the more damage there will be.
That's right. You go search for Allen. It's his fault that KOS-MOS has gone wild.
Jr., are you going to stop KOS-MOS by yourself?
Yeah, I feel bad for Shion, but I will be serious this time.
Ah, I understand. MOMO, do you know where KOS-MOS and Allen are?
Yes! Um, Allen is in the Durandal's dock while KOS-MOS is on the Elsa's bridge.
Listen, your opponent is KOS-MOS. You better not underestimate her.
I know, I've got it figured out.
I managed to save Ziggy. I'm so happy.
Yeah, you did great work.
Thanks!

The three of them leave, moving into the corridor.

No use, the elevator won't move.
The Elsa's mainframe is down, so the ship's power is off.
Can't you make it move using auxiliary power?
Probably, but without the controls on the bridge, I can't do that.
drat, then we can't go up.
There isn't another route?
Um, I found one! Ahead of us is the cargo receiving dock. We should be able to leave from there.
Great, you did it, MOMO!
MOMO, stay here and get the elevator running. Jr. and I will go up to the receiving dock. I'll leave the support to you.
Okay, I understand. Um, you two, please don't overdo it. KOS-MOS has done some bad things, but you shouldn't break her.
Yes, I know.

Jr. and Ziggy leave, and we're tasked with getting this drat elevator working.

Oh, hey CAT-MOS, long time no see.

Ko-KOS-MOS!? What happened? Everyone is worried...
MOMO, you will interfere with capture of the target if you stay here nya... Please move away nya.
...Nya? Nya.. you say? Ummm... What happened nya? Everyone is worried nya...

:3: MOMO is trying her best, and is also the only one so far to actually get what's happening, besides chaos but gently caress chaos.

I repeat nya. Please leave this location... nya. If you ignore this warning, I will need to use force nyan.
No use nya... She won't listen. It seems there is an abnormality in her language program.
MOMO has ignored my warning nya. From nyaow on, capturing the target takes top priority... nya.
Ignoring the terrified MOMO, KOS-MOS prepares for an assault. Quickly, MOMO manages to dodge the attack.
Don't do it! Stop, please!
Target locked. Begin shooting the target.
It's impossible to outrun KOS-MOS in this circumstance. I'll need to use my last resort!

MOMO's body starts to emit a light. This light surrounds KOS-MOS.
Nya, nya! Confirmed expansion of the Hilbert Effect by the 100-Series prototype nyaa. Various sensor functions have failed because of interference nyan. It's impossible to continue the mission. Withdraw is recommended nya.
Ah, KOS-MOS! Please wait!

CAT-MOS runs off, and MOMO decides to get in contact with Ziggy and update him on the situation.

Ah, Ziggy! I saw KOS-MOS. It looks like KOS-MOS was infected with the same nanovirus as me. I will try to analyze the virus right now.
Understood. From this side, I've spotted the possible perpetrator of this incident.
Ziggy, please don't overdo it.
I know, you too.
Yes!

There's only three places we can go from here. The hangar, where KOS-MOS is, Ziggy's control room, which has nothing of interest past this point, and KOS-MOS's control room. Let's go to the hangar first.

But I'm detecting signs inside! KOS-MOS? Are you in there!? Ah! Um.. Are you in there nyan? No use, she doesn't understand what I'm saying nya...

Well that was fruitful. Let's go to KOS-MOS's room and investigate.

If I investigate this adjustment tab, I may find a clue.

BOOM

Kya!
Thrown off balance by the impact of the explosion, MOMO falls to the ground.
Explosion in the hangar? Please don't let it be KOS-MOS!
The frying pan falls from the ceiling and lands on her head.

chaos!!!!!

But this frying pan, it's the perfect size for me. I wanted one like this.
The item inside MOMO's pocket falls to the floor.
It, it looks like something fell... Oh, that's the Professor's disc... Ah, no way... maybe...

If i use the function of this adjustment tab, I can perform an analysis on this program.

One quiz later...

Clutching the frying pan, MOMO finds her resolve to fight.
Alright! KOS-MOS, I'm going to save you now!

Time for us to go over to the Hangar for the final showdown.

KOS-MOS, calm down. Jr. isn't your enemy.
Acquisitioning the target. Locked on.
Hehe, this is exciting. I wanted at least one more fight with you!
It's useless. You can't win against me. Unlocking limiter, adjusting to maximum output.
Wh-wh-wh-wh-what are you doing?! KOS-MOS!!
KOS-MOS sets her sights squarely on Jr. He glares at KOS-MOS but stands completely still. Within that moment, each one has their finger on a trigger...

Two resounding CLANG noises can be heard echo through the hangar.

Calm down, both of you, please! Fighting is bad! If you won't listen to me, then I'll, I'll...
No, MOMO. You should calm down too... Anyway, this frying pan... Where did you get it?

MOMO... you um... you literally knocked out KOS-MOS. That's really impressive.

No, it was enough. They're both lying unconscious.
MOMO, I'm sorry, but due to noise, I can't hear you very well.
Uh, I'm sorry.

Ok... so they're not really unconscious.

MOMO, you did a great job stopping those two. Still, I think you hit a little too hard.
...hehe.

:staredog:

Jr.! Jr.! Please, wake up!
Ughh...
Really, it was a brutal attack. MOMO has such a strong power inside of her.
Um, I went berserk. Next thing I knew, Jr. and KOS-MOS were on the floor...
Anyway, I need to be careful and not anger you from now on.

We fade to black, and find ourselves working on KOS-MOS with Shion.

KOS-MOS, how are you feeling?
There are no problems. Everything is within normal parameters.
Everything will be okay now. Activation of this program will stop the nanovirus.
Thank you very much, MOMO.
After this, we can finally take a break. Who would ever suspect that the main cause of this fiasco was Allen?
Vice Chief is currently undergoing questioning on the Durandal.
I see. Jr. and the rest will wear him out. Well, he caused so much trouble, so it can't be helped. When he comes back, he will need to do a mountain of paperwork as an apology.
Poor Allen...
Don't worry. Allen is stronger than he looks.

We fade to black and find ourselves on the Durandal's bridge.

Ah, Jr. Oh? What happened to you?! Why is your cheek all red.
Ah, don't worry about that. More importantly, take this...
Oh, a life-sized Bunny plushie!

Those things are horryfying Jr. why would you do this?

You said you wanted this, right? Because I caused you so much trouble, please accept this.
Um, thank you very much! I'm very happy!
Narrator: Jr. looks around because he felt someone looking at him. At the corner of the room stood KOS-MOS, staring at Jr. and MOMO.

Did something happen?
No, just KOS-MOS staring this way.
Staaaaaaare.
Ah, didn't you teach her this, to keep monitoring without interfering in situations like this?
But, being monitored by everyone... is a little embarrassing.
Everyone!? Everyone....

And that's it for MOMO! Honestly, this one was a breath of fresh air after chaos and KOS-MOS. Next time! Jr.'s story!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

How many more of these are there? Shion and Jr?

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

FeyerbrandX posted:

How many more of these are there? Shion and Jr?

Jr, which is translated, Shion, which is not, and a MYSTERY ONE which in the original version of the game, you need to do all the other stories to unlock. So 7 in total.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's WIlhelm, isn't it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Wow. Those. Erm, well, yeah, I guess they ARE data (uhhhhhh, sweet, sweet data!), but I find myself completely baffled about the thinking behind them (other than cashout), although not NEARLY as much as what the writers were thinking.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.

ScurvyKip posted:

Shion, which is not

Are - are you saying we're getting a more or less "fill in your own translation" adventure starring The Stupidest Scientist Ever to Disgrace Vector? :allears:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

SorataYuy posted:

Are - are you saying we're getting a more or less "fill in your own translation" adventure starring The Stupidest Scientist Ever to Disgrace Vector? :allears:

I know it's easy to do it but you're forgetting Allen.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

Eh, we can only count him as second dumbest. He knows he's dumb to be in love with a woman with the possible life expectancy of a package of pop-tarts in a stoners' convention.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

SorataYuy posted:

Eh, we can only count him as second dumbest. He knows he's dumb to be in love with a woman with the possible life expectancy of a package of pop-tarts in a stoners' convention.

It is not like he couldn't transfer elsewhere in Vector to avoid the potential for heartbreak. The fact he hangs around is what makes him the dumbest.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Tallgeese posted:

It's WIlhelm, isn't it.

I do hope so.

Or Margulis.

No one should be exempted from this CATastrophe.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

That's a funny way of spelling "Miyuki"...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i want the cat's POV

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Alright, time to finally finish this poo poo, at least until the maybe eventual time when the other two stories are translated.

I'm going to try something different with the formatting here because of how massive this update is, cutting out most of repeat stuff entirely, just trimming it down to the essential story stuff. All unique content will be shown in full, however.

Part 5: Jr.'s Story

We start our story on the Durandal's bridge where they are, guess what, doing maintenance.

What the?
What's wrong? Is it an enemy attack!?

What? Mama's been hacked!? Mary!
Alrighty! Scanning for the source of the infection. Hurry and deploy a firewall! C'mon, c'mon, get to work right away now!

How's Mama doing?
Little Master! I'm tellin' you, it'll be fine even if you don't bother yourself over it. There ain't a single opponent out there who can beat these gals!
Does it look like we can identify the intruder?
About that, our scan is being blocked entirely. If there is only one perpetrator of the crime, they are quite skilled.
Any signs of the enemy around here?
No signs of the enemy in peripheral sectors. No observable traces on the U.M.N., either. There's certainly a chance that the intruder is working from within.
So you're saying, the criminal is within the ship.

chaos walks up to the bridge

Oh, is that you, chaos? Sorry, I have my hands full at the moment.
Yeah, it looks a little problematic. Are you alright?
Yeah, just some idiot tried to seduce Mama. Well, it's not a big deal. With this many 100-Series here, it's easy work.
Well, it looks like I can't help with anything. In that case, I'll go shopping now.
Yeah, thanks!

chaos takes his leave.

Little Master, I get that Bunny is important and all, but how about the culprit?
I got it! I need to go out and search, right? You guys, just get on identifying the enemy!
My, my, seems like there's nothing on Little Master's mind but MOMO~! If it's that important, you ought to go buy the plushie yourself!
Sh, shut up. As if I'd do something so embarrassing!
Little Master. Rather than MOMO, let's worry about the Durandal now.
I told you, I got it!
Little Master, is only MOMO special?
We would also like presents.
I got it! I got it, so you don't need to say anymore, okay! If you guys do your job well, I'll buy you whatever you want, already!!

Time to get off this bridge and go see if anything happened on the Elsa.

Ah, well, a bit. I didn't really come on business or anything.

Did you say something?
I didn't say a word!
Nothing in particular!
Abnormalities on the Elsa? There hasn't really been anything out of the ordinary.
Is that so. Well, as long as there's no problem.
Well, now that I think of it, the sum of my debt is quite abnormal! Yes, that's quite the problem! Can you do something about that?
Not a chance!
Abnormal? You mean Hammer's head, right?
Tonyyyyyy! What did you just say!?
Ah, seems like his ears are functioning normally.
Little Master, it's useless to try and hide it. The mother frame was hacked, wasn't it?"
Heh, as expected of you. You noticed?
The bypass to the motherframe has been totally down, after all. It would be stranger if I hadn't noticed it.

Where's Shion?
Shion went to the Durandal in order to check the situation.
What, we must have passed each other?
Did something happen to the Durandal?
Yeah, the motherframe was hacked. Oh well, don't worry about it. It's just like a kid's prank.
A prank? It would not be incorrect to call it a disruptive activity of the kind you yourself often carry out against others, Jr.

:ocelot: Hey, that was a pretty good burn, KOS-MOS!

You say that with such a straight face...

Nothing new to see here, let's hoof it back to the Durandal and go to the Isolated Area.

Gotcha!

Oh!? Allen? What were you doing?
Uh, um? Well, you ask me what... as if it seems like I was doing something, or like I wasn't doing anything...
Hey, didn't you come out of the Isolation Hangar just now? And what's up with those weird machine parts?
Eh, ehh? These!? These are, um, th-th, yes, KOS-MOS! These are parts for gathering KOS-MOS's data! Ah, I need to hurry and take them to the Chief!
Ah? I can't really see how those parts could be for that, you know?
Well, that is, it's Vector's secret... you know?
Allen... You aren't hiding anything, are you?
Ah, no, noo, no way~! Ah, w-well then! I'm in a rush!

Allen books it for the exit.

Hey! Wait up!?

Let's go further inside to figure out what Allen was doing.

Jr. gets a communication from the bridge.

Ah, Little Master. We found out the location of the hacking!
I know. It's the Isolation Hangar, right?
Oh, what the heck? You already knew?
Yeah. I was just on the scene, after all. Moreover, the culprit doesn't seem to have any interest in the Zohars. He didn't lay a finger on the dangerous places...
Is that so? But then, what the heck was the culprit's motive?
Who knows? I sure don't. I'll try and look into it some more.

Jr. brings up a good point. We still really don't know what Allen's motive is to do any of this, because obviously rampaging CAT-MOS is not what he had in mind.

Little Master, don't overdo it... Don't destroy the Durandal, got it?!
I know!

The communication ends.

As I thought, no matter how I look at it, Allen is suspicious... Now then, I'd better secure the suspect, first of all. A place that Allen is likely to visit would be...

Let's go check in on the bridge, maybe they'll have some new info for us.

Naw, it's not going so easily.
Honestly, what a surprise! For the motherframe to be hijacked from the Isolation Hangar. What were they thinking...
Who knows. Well, if they knew the true form of what's there, they probably wouldn't feel much like getting any closer.

Is that so. Well, they must have given it their all, against opponents like the 100-Series.
That's right... But, I suppose this was the extent of their skill.

Yeah, I got it!

Alright, that was a dead end, let's go back to the Elsa again, maybe they saw Allen.

MOMO? What are you doing in a place like this?
Right now, I'm helping out like the Captain asked.
Hmm, is that so. If you don't really want to, I'll say something to the Captain, okay?
No, I'm very happy to be able to help everyone out!
If that's the case, do your best.
I will!

For a ship where the housekeeper's an old guy, a place like this... is fine enough. If you've got a complaint, say it after you've paid off your debts.
...Then, I don't have a thing to say, Master.

Let's see what the crew has to say about Allen...

...Shion's flunky.
Hahaha, you're pretty harsh too, Little Master! But that's exactly right.

Well that amounted to a whole lot of nothing (He's not at the Foundation). Let's ask KOS-MOS.

Hm? Yeah, kind of. Do you know where he is, KOS-MOS?
Allen is currently in Shion's private room on the Durandal.
Shion's private room?! Is Shion there too?
Yes. They both seem to be alone in her room right now.
Hmmm, oh. Hehehe, that Allen...

Alright, let's see if we can head him off in the Residential Area before he gets away again!

RUDE

Ouch... Who is it? Actually look in front of you when you're walking... hey, Allen!!

Hey, wait! Don't run! Did it go okay with Shion?
With the Chief!? Wha, what do you mean?
Hey hey, you trying to play dumb? You were getting good vibes, weren't ya, all alone with Shion?
All alone? With the Chief? I was!?
Honestly, you're quite the smooth operator. I didn't think you were such a go-getter.

I feel like im in a bizarro land right now...

G-Go-getter!? Just, what do you mean?
Don't play dumb. Hacking into Mama was just to get Shion's attention too, wasn't it?
Heeh!? Hacking!? Wha-wha-wha-wha-what are you talking about?
Bull's eye, huh. But, it's no good causing trouble to those around you. That's going a bit too far. There are better, more effective methods for getting her attention, you know. If you don't have anything, want me to teach you some killer phrases, directly from Gaignun?

Allen does seem like the type that would buy into PUA poo poo.

Eh!? Um, well... uh, MOMO!!
Eh?

Allen books it, running over Jr. in the process.

Ah, that bastard!? He ran away! Bridge, can you hear me!? Trace Allen's location.
Allen, you say!? What's this all of a sudden, Little Master?
Just don't let him get away! I'm going up to the bridge too now.

Guess which one we go to. Hint: not the one we should go to.

Well, as a man, I can't just leave this as it is.

Now, my favorite section in this entire game thus far.

That was great. Let's go see KOS-MOS again, maybe she has some new intel for us.

From Shion's report, nothing happened between her and Allen.
Eh, what's that? Geez, what a puerile guy. That's why I said I will teach him some good tricks.

Well, at least I learned what puerile meant. Thanks game!

I think that the Vice Chief's actions look suspicious. The chance that he is involved in the motherframe's hacking is also high.
Well, let's not blame him. He's only trying hard.
Yes, he's indeed trying hard, but others don't seem to evaluate him in a good light anyway.
Somehow, it turned into a sad story.

Time to actually go report to the bridge we were supposed to go to.

I'm not playing around! Allen's involved in Mama's hijacking.

What the... Then we gotta catch him, don't we!? Contact security right away!
Hey, hang on. Leave that Allen guy to me. As a man, I want to help him realize his feelings.
Hah? As a... man? Well, it seems awful complicated. But, a quote like that doesn't really suit ya, Little Master.
Shut up! Hurry and tell me where Allen is already!

The feeling of friendship for a comrade, huh? That's the spirit of youth right there!
Little Master. While having fun is well and good, if you cut loose too much, you'll be scolded by Master Gaignun again.
Little Master is so cool!
Little Master is amazing!
Little Master tries too hard...

Normally I don't take screenshots of the Think prompts, but I had to keep this one in for... reasons.

Ok time to hit the Elsa.... Again. Lots of back and forth in this one.

Naw, he's a quick guy, it would seem. I haven't been able to catch his tail yet. More importantly, do you know where Allen is?
Eh, Allen? ...I, I haven't seen him.
Well, well. Have there been any changes in him lately? Perhaps he's become more active, more like a man?

Jr, please you are being super rude right now this is not cool.

Eh? Not really... Same as always, although he's felt a little down. Did something happen?
Well, it's fine if that's the case.

After searching the Elsa and finding nothing, we should just go back to the Durandal.

Hm, an alarm? Is it coming from the Elsa?
He tries to return to the Elsa, but the entrance hatch is locked and won't budge.
Damnit, the hatch won't open! What's going on!? Shelley? It seems like something odd is happening on the Elsa. Can you get in contact with them from there?
Little Master, it is not only on the Elsa that something odd is happening. Please return to the bridge immediately!
It isn't only on the Elsa? Hey, just what is going on!?
There isn't time to explain! Hurry, come to the bridge!
It can't be, did Allen do something again!?

Alright, let's get a status report.

What's wrong? What happened!?
There's an intruder in the motherframe! The 100-Series are currently working on deploying a firewall.
Again? It should be fine if we leave it to the 100-Series. What's the big fuss about?
You're wrong there! It ain't something so easy as before! Even with their abilities, the 100-Series can't drive it out.

Is this the enemy's true form!?
I've identified the contamination route. The location is the Elsa, KOS-MOS's maintenance room!
What did ya say!?
There isn't a mistake? Re-check it.
There's no mistake. The intruder is KOS-MOS!
Are you serious...
Kya!

Most of the 100-Series fall to the floor.

What's goin' on!?
Hey, what's happening on the Elsa!?
It's no good, I can't get in contact with them!
Damnit! Cut all the system bypasses to Mama!
Little Master!
No, that's crazy!
The opponent is KOS-MOS here! At this rate, the ship will be hijacked! Do it, quick!
Sever all bypasses to the motherframe!
Roger, severance complete! The interference to the motherframe is under control.
Is this also your doing, Allen? If you even got KOS-MOS involved, this is no simple prank.
The motherframe is alright somehow or other, but with all the bypasses cut, over half of the 100-Series ain't functioning no more. With things like this, the ship could get captured real easy.
Little Master, we need make a move soon. At this rate...
I know. I'll stop KOS-MOS.

Whew, that was eventful! Let's go see how things are on the Elsa, make sure the crew is ok.

Yo, if isn't the Little Master! Honestly, we're done in real fine over here.
The main frame's completely dead. We're totally on our knees.
And MOMO? Is MOMO alright!?
Just as she was trying to protect the main frame, she ended up collapsing.
chaos carried MOMO to the cabin.

Let's go over and check on MOMO.

How's MOMO? Is she safe?
For now, she's stable. But, it looks that it was a really powerful nanovirus.
So her consciousness hasn't come back.

Time to go hunt down KOS-MOS.

Failure to capture the target...nya. Target nyas fled toward the hangar... nya.
KO-KOS-MOS! H-heavy, I c-can't breathe.

Keep in mind that KOS-MOS is made of metal, she's canonically over 200lbs.

I recognize Jr. lying beneath me... nya. His breathing rate has decreased and his heart rate has increased... nyan.
Hurry up and get off!!

Jr., I can't get to the elevator because of your interference... nya. Could nya please step aside?
You didn't hear me? What's up with that 'nyan nyan' talk?
Although I can't understand your words nya, I know nya... retreating isnt anya option.

CAT-MOS goes off to find that drat cat, and we are gonna need some help to take her down. Let's get Ziggy up and running.

What are you doing, old man?
How does the situation look outside?
Situation? Why don't you go see for yourself?
I can't do that.
Geez, being old must really suck. Be honest, your moving functions are paralyzed, right?
...You don't need to tell me that.
This is no time for jokes, old man! The Elsa's mainframe was hacked and Durandal's Mama was attacked. The ship's functions have been torn apart. MOMO and two thirds of the 100-Series have been knocked unconscious.
MOMO? Who was the culprit!?
You will be surprised to hear that it was... KOS-MOS.
It was KOS-MOS? Impossible! What does this mean?
I don't know either. But there is no mistake that KOS-MOS has gone wild and that Allen is involved.
I see. If KOS-MOS is our opponent, then there is no way I can sit here silently.
You say that, but what are you going to do? You still can't move, right?
Though I'm still unadjusted, I'll be able to move if the machine is restarted.
I see, then just do it.
What I'm saying is that you need to do it.
Huh?!

Hey, hey, don't joke around! I'm not a technical specialist, you know!
Don't worry, neither am I. But right now, you are the only person I can trust.

One quiz later...

Shut up! Don't talk to me right now! That here, this there. Oh, it's done!? Old man, it's finally done!
Good, then I will tell you the last step.
Alright! I will free you right away!

KO-KOS-MOS!?
Confirm movement to Ziggy's chest...Nya.
KOS-MOS, what happened? Why do you look like that?
This is a warning... Nya. There appears to be a failure in your language function, Nya. It would be best to... adjust it at once, Nya!
What are you saying? You aren't yourself! Jr., quick, do the last step! There is something wrong with KOS-MOS!
I, I know!
Jr., you are interrupting... Nya. Please move away... Nyan.
KOS-MOS pushed Jr. away, and he fell to the ground. After that, she prepared to attack Ziggy. Jr. jumped on KOS-MOS to hold her down, but he was tossed aside by her strength.
It's useless... Nya. Jr., you can nyaver stop me... Nyan!

KOS-MOS slowly approached Ziggy and jumped on him, sitting astride and beginning to claw at him.
Stop! Stop it!
Again, the target's disappearance has been confirmed nya. There aren't anya energy reactions. I've completely lost the target nyaa.

CAT-MOS leaves as if nothing, leaving Ziggy unconscious and Jr. rattled.

MOMO! YOu're safe!
KOS-MOS suddenly.... old man was... Uuuuh.
Huh? You're not saying that Ziggy is...?
Jr.! Ziggy is still alive! With this, he should be alright! Ziggy? Please wake up, Ziggy!

I'm afraid not too well. KOS-MOS was... What happened after that?
I don't know. She said 'nya nya' and left. Anyway, we can't leave it like this. You go search for Allen. It's his fault that KOS-MOS has gone wild.
MOMO, do you know where KOS-MOS and Allen are?

Let's get out of this room.

No use, the elevator wont move.
Ahead of us is the cargo receiving dock. We should be able to leave from there.
drat, it won't open! It's no use!
Move away.

Ziggy does his thing, breaking open the hatch.

Jr., I will search for Allen for now. I'll leave KOS-MOS to you.
Ah, okay. When you meet Allen, tell him this: "I hate when people overdo things."

Jr. runs off, and Ziggy goes to the Foundation.

I ain't okay! Just look at this situation! Everything here and there's all beat up.
Was this KOS-MOS's doing after all?
That's right! I honestly don't get why we let such a brutal thing run free... The bridge is in an awful state too. Shelley's steaming mad!
It's that bad!? ...This is a serious affair.
Little Master, hurry and catch KOS-MOS. We couldn't take it if the stuff we finally repaired got smashed again!
Yeah, I got it.

Let's go to the bridge and make sure she's ok.

No, I'm good. I know quite well that the bridge isn't functioning.
Then, you also must know what is to be done next. This isn't the time to dawdle.
(Shelley's pretty mad...)
Little Master, you won't find KOS-MOS by staying here.
Ah, yeah, I know.
If you know, then why are you still here?

Little Master... Mistress Shelley is so scary!

An explosion can be heard from the bridge.

What is it this time!?
It's an explosion within the ship! The location is... the Elsa!
How are the damages?
Communication with the Elsa is impossible. I cannot confirm it's status.
Little Master!
I know. I'll leave things here to you!

Let's head on over to the Elsa... again.

Hammer? What are you doing?
KOS-MOS, it's KOS-MOS! Just as were thinking about how she'd suddenly gone crazy on the bridge, there was a giant explosion in the hanger! It was so big, it's a mystery that no one died! I'll warn you that since the bridge was destroyed, the elevator's stopped.

To the bridge we go, then.

How could we be okay?! The bridge has been wrecked, the hangar's exploded! Just how much will this cost to repair...
Is KOS-MOS still in the hangar?
Hell if I know that! We're cut off from the motherframe here, and even the elevator isn't moving!

Let's get the hell out of here before we get murdered. Since the elevator doesn't work, we gotta go back in through the cargo hatch.

Jr.! Just now, KOS-MOS appeared, and as she went into the hangar, there was an explosion...
Are you unhurt?
Yes, but it looks like KOS-MOS has been infected by the nanovirus too, so I thought that I should try to analyze the virus.
And, were you able to do it?
Yes. It was by chance, but I was able to get the nanovirus control program. There's also still data left behind from when I was infected, so I think that I can do something.

Time to finish this, let's go to the hangar!

W-wait, KOS-MOS! What are you going to do!? Stop it already!
Shion, I'm warning you. You are currently standing in the firing line between me and the target. Please move away from your current position as soon as possible.
Wait, KOS-MOS! I won't stand quietly by if you do something stupid again!
Jr.?
Jr., I'm sorry, but I can't listen to your order. This mission has higher priority.
Hey, wait, KOS-MOS. Who gave you this mission? Calm down!
You're the one who should calm down, Shion... Interference with the mission will be in direct violation of office regulations.
Stop! Don't get any closer to Shion!!
Umm, hey, you two, don't you think it'd be better to stop? Let's calm down a little... It'd be better that way, don't you think?
Then there is no other way. To achieve this mission, I will eliminate all resistance!
How interesting. Come and try it!
Will you two stop it already! The Elsa will be destroyed if you keep this up!!
Shion, look out!
Shion is pushed by Jr. She loses her balance and falls to the ground. Weak from the explosion, the hangar falls over her head.
Chief, watch out!

Allen dives and pushes them both out of the way of the falling debris.

Let's go, KOS-MOS!!

KOS-MOS sets her sights squarely on Jr. He glares at KOS-MOS but stands completely still. Within that moment, each one has their finger on a trigger...

Clunk. Some time later...

Seems like Jr. really got hit good by MOMO.

Ouch! Don't touch where it's swelling!
But, settling it with one attack and all, MOMO's pretty impressive!

Shut up! How are KOS-MOS and the 100-Series now?
There are no problems. Currently, MOMO is removing the nanovirus.
Is that so? Well then, that's the first step done at least. Now, all that's left is dealing with him.
Allen, ya mean? First of all, we billed Vector for all the losses suffered. Although it looks like they were really chewed out by the company people.
Well, since they caused such a big fuss as this, it's their just desserts.
Well, that might be right.
Well, there's still a problem left... Although it's a problem between men.
& Huh...?

Eek! Jr.!?
What are you sneaking about for?
Well, I'm not really sneaking or anything...
Well, there's been a big clamor about this. You obtained your objective though, right?
W-what do you mean, objective!? Just what are you talking about? I don't really...
If you're acting like that, it doesn't seem like anything changed... Honestly, if you're always going to act like this, you'll never get Shion's heart.
No, well, that's... I mean, even I...
Hey, calm down! Because next time, I'll collaborate with ya. And generally speaking, you fundamentally cannot understand a woman's heart.
Hah, a woman's heart, huh...

Ah!? Chief!! Um, well...
Well, you see, this Allen guy...
He-hey, Jr.!?
Ahahahaha, we were just having some guy-to-guy talk. Nothing to do with you, Shion!
That's... pretty suspicious, you know? Allen, you aren't hiding anything, are you?
It, it's not that! N-nothing's suspicious! N-no way, are you doubting me??
Don't worry about it, it was nothing serious. Let's go, Allen!
Ah, wa-wait a minute, Jr.!
Allen leaves the place in a rush. A single data disk comes falling from his palm. While Shion goes to pick it up, the recorded content begins to play back.

In that moment, the entirely of the hallway freezes.

Well, that happened. Let's check in on Jr.

Little Master, if you move about so much, I can't apply the medicine!
Ouch! That's why I'm saying, do it more gently!
Gosh, Little Master, you sure didn't learn from your experiences. And your bruise this time is a bright red handprint! It can't be, did ya get scolded by MOMO again?
Shut up! It wasn't anything like that. Ouchhh!!
You mustn't move like that!
Hah. I don't know nothing about manly camaraderie, but you'd better study a woman's heart a bit better!
I've had enough, both comaraderie and women's hearts are too hard...

That's the end of Jr.'s story. And that's the end of Xenosaga Freaks for now! We've reached the end of the translated content. Next time on the Xenosaga megathread: Pied Piper. Stay tuned for more information on that soon!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I know nobody likes Shion except for like two of us in this thread but I'm assuming her story is the one that makes sense and I kind of wish we'd gotten that instead of, I dunno, Ziggy sitting and waiting for MOMO or whatever the gently caress chaos was doing.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

Alright, time to finally finish this poo poo, at least until the maybe eventual time when the other two stories are translated.

I'm going to try something different with the formatting here because of how massive this update is, cutting out most of repeat stuff entirely, just trimming it down to the essential story stuff. All unique content will be shown in full, however.

Part 5: Jr.'s Story

We start our story on the Durandal's bridge where they are, guess what, doing maintenance.

What the?
What's wrong? Is it an enemy attack!?

What? Mama's been hacked!? Mary!
Alrighty! Scanning for the source of the infection. Hurry and deploy a firewall! C'mon, c'mon, get to work right away now!

How's Mama doing?
Little Master! I'm tellin' you, it'll be fine even if you don't bother yourself over it. There ain't a single opponent out there who can beat these gals!
Does it look like we can identify the intruder?
About that, our scan is being blocked entirely. If there is only one perpetrator of the crime, they are quite skilled.
Any signs of the enemy around here?
No signs of the enemy in peripheral sectors. No observable traces on the U.M.N., either. There's certainly a chance that the intruder is working from within.
So you're saying, the criminal is within the ship.

chaos walks up to the bridge

Oh, is that you, chaos? Sorry, I have my hands full at the moment.
Yeah, it looks a little problematic. Are you alright?
Yeah, just some idiot tried to seduce Mama. Well, it's not a big deal. With this many 100-Series here, it's easy work.
Well, it looks like I can't help with anything. In that case, I'll go shopping now.
Yeah, thanks!

chaos takes his leave.

Little Master, I get that Bunny is important and all, but how about the culprit?
I got it! I need to go out and search, right? You guys, just get on identifying the enemy!
My, my, seems like there's nothing on Little Master's mind but MOMO~! If it's that important, you ought to go buy the plushie yourself!
Sh, shut up. As if I'd do something so embarrassing!
Little Master. Rather than MOMO, let's worry about the Durandal now.
I told you, I got it!
Little Master, is only MOMO special?
We would also like presents.
I got it! I got it, so you don't need to say anymore, okay! If you guys do your job well, I'll buy you whatever you want, already!!

Time to get off this bridge and go see if anything happened on the Elsa.

Ah, well, a bit. I didn't really come on business or anything.

Did you say something?
I didn't say a word!
Nothing in particular!
Abnormalities on the Elsa? There hasn't really been anything out of the ordinary.
Is that so. Well, as long as there's no problem.
Well, now that I think of it, the sum of my debt is quite abnormal! Yes, that's quite the problem! Can you do something about that?
Not a chance!
Abnormal? You mean Hammer's head, right?
Tonyyyyyy! What did you just say!?
Ah, seems like his ears are functioning normally.
Little Master, it's useless to try and hide it. The mother frame was hacked, wasn't it?"
Heh, as expected of you. You noticed?
The bypass to the motherframe has been totally down, after all. It would be stranger if I hadn't noticed it.

Where's Shion?
Shion went to the Durandal in order to check the situation.
What, we must have passed each other?
Did something happen to the Durandal?
Yeah, the motherframe was hacked. Oh well, don't worry about it. It's just like a kid's prank.
A prank? It would not be incorrect to call it a disruptive activity of the kind you yourself often carry out against others, Jr.

:ocelot: Hey, that was a pretty good burn, KOS-MOS!

You say that with such a straight face...

Nothing new to see here, let's hoof it back to the Durandal and go to the Isolated Area.

Gotcha!

Oh!? Allen? What were you doing?
Uh, um? Well, you ask me what... as if it seems like I was doing something, or like I wasn't doing anything...
Hey, didn't you come out of the Isolation Hangar just now? And what's up with those weird machine parts?
Eh, ehh? These!? These are, um, th-th, yes, KOS-MOS! These are parts for gathering KOS-MOS's data! Ah, I need to hurry and take them to the Chief!
Ah? I can't really see how those parts could be for that, you know?
Well, that is, it's Vector's secret... you know?
Allen... You aren't hiding anything, are you?
Ah, no, noo, no way~! Ah, w-well then! I'm in a rush!

Allen books it for the exit.

Hey! Wait up!?

Let's go further inside to figure out what Allen was doing.

Jr. gets a communication from the bridge.

Ah, Little Master. We found out the location of the hacking!
I know. It's the Isolation Hangar, right?
Oh, what the heck? You already knew?
Yeah. I was just on the scene, after all. Moreover, the culprit doesn't seem to have any interest in the Zohars. He didn't lay a finger on the dangerous places...
Is that so? But then, what the heck was the culprit's motive?
Who knows? I sure don't. I'll try and look into it some more.

Jr. brings up a good point. We still really don't know what Allen's motive is to do any of this, because obviously rampaging CAT-MOS is not what he had in mind.

Little Master, don't overdo it... Don't destroy the Durandal, got it?!
I know!

The communication ends.

As I thought, no matter how I look at it, Allen is suspicious... Now then, I'd better secure the suspect, first of all. A place that Allen is likely to visit would be...

Let's go check in on the bridge, maybe they'll have some new info for us.

Naw, it's not going so easily.
Honestly, what a surprise! For the motherframe to be hijacked from the Isolation Hangar. What were they thinking...
Who knows. Well, if they knew the true form of what's there, they probably wouldn't feel much like getting any closer.

Is that so. Well, they must have given it their all, against opponents like the 100-Series.
That's right... But, I suppose this was the extent of their skill.

Yeah, I got it!

Alright, that was a dead end, let's go back to the Elsa again, maybe they saw Allen.

MOMO? What are you doing in a place like this?
Right now, I'm helping out like the Captain asked.
Hmm, is that so. If you don't really want to, I'll say something to the Captain, okay?
No, I'm very happy to be able to help everyone out!
If that's the case, do your best.
I will!

For a ship where the housekeeper's an old guy, a place like this... is fine enough. If you've got a complaint, say it after you've paid off your debts.
...Then, I don't have a thing to say, Master.

Let's see what the crew has to say about Allen...

...Shion's flunky.
Hahaha, you're pretty harsh too, Little Master! But that's exactly right.

Well that amounted to a whole lot of nothing (He's not at the Foundation). Let's ask KOS-MOS.

Hm? Yeah, kind of. Do you know where he is, KOS-MOS?
Allen is currently in Shion's private room on the Durandal.
Shion's private room?! Is Shion there too?
Yes. They both seem to be alone in her room right now.
Hmmm, oh. Hehehe, that Allen...

Alright, let's see if we can head him off in the Residential Area before he gets away again!

RUDE

Ouch... Who is it? Actually look in front of you when you're walking... hey, Allen!!

Hey, wait! Don't run! Did it go okay with Shion?
With the Chief!? Wha, what do you mean?
Hey hey, you trying to play dumb? You were getting good vibes, weren't ya, all alone with Shion?
All alone? With the Chief? I was!?
Honestly, you're quite the smooth operator. I didn't think you were such a go-getter.

I feel like im in a bizarro land right now...

G-Go-getter!? Just, what do you mean?
Don't play dumb. Hacking into Mama was just to get Shion's attention too, wasn't it?
Heeh!? Hacking!? Wha-wha-wha-wha-what are you talking about?
Bull's eye, huh. But, it's no good causing trouble to those around you. That's going a bit too far. There are better, more effective methods for getting her attention, you know. If you don't have anything, want me to teach you some killer phrases, directly from Gaignun?

Allen does seem like the type that would buy into PUA poo poo.

Eh!? Um, well... uh, MOMO!!
Eh?

Allen books it, running over Jr. in the process.

Ah, that bastard!? He ran away! Bridge, can you hear me!? Trace Allen's location.
Allen, you say!? What's this all of a sudden, Little Master?
Just don't let him get away! I'm going up to the bridge too now.

Guess which one we go to. Hint: not the one we should go to.

Well, as a man, I can't just leave this as it is.

Now, my favorite section in this entire game thus far.

That was great. Let's go see KOS-MOS again, maybe she has some new intel for us.

From Shion's report, nothing happened between her and Allen.
Eh, what's that? Geez, what a puerile guy. That's why I said I will teach him some good tricks.

Well, at least I learned what puerile meant. Thanks game!

I think that the Vice Chief's actions look suspicious. The chance that he is involved in the motherframe's hacking is also high.
Well, let's not blame him. He's only trying hard.
Yes, he's indeed trying hard, but others don't seem to evaluate him in a good light anyway.
Somehow, it turned into a sad story.

Time to actually go report to the bridge we were supposed to go to.

I'm not playing around! Allen's involved in Mama's hijacking.

What the... Then we gotta catch him, don't we!? Contact security right away!
Hey, hang on. Leave that Allen guy to me. As a man, I want to help him realize his feelings.
Hah? As a... man? Well, it seems awful complicated. But, a quote like that doesn't really suit ya, Little Master.
Shut up! Hurry and tell me where Allen is already!

The feeling of friendship for a comrade, huh? That's the spirit of youth right there!
Little Master. While having fun is well and good, if you cut loose too much, you'll be scolded by Master Gaignun again.
Little Master is so cool!
Little Master is amazing!
Little Master tries too hard...

Normally I don't take screenshots of the Think prompts, but I had to keep this one in for... reasons.

Ok time to hit the Elsa.... Again. Lots of back and forth in this one.

Naw, he's a quick guy, it would seem. I haven't been able to catch his tail yet. More importantly, do you know where Allen is?
Eh, Allen? ...I, I haven't seen him.
Well, well. Have there been any changes in him lately? Perhaps he's become more active, more like a man?

Jr, please you are being super rude right now this is not cool.

Eh? Not really... Same as always, although he's felt a little down. Did something happen?
Well, it's fine if that's the case.

After searching the Elsa and finding nothing, we should just go back to the Durandal.

Hm, an alarm? Is it coming from the Elsa?
He tries to return to the Elsa, but the entrance hatch is locked and won't budge.
Damnit, the hatch won't open! What's going on!? Shelley? It seems like something odd is happening on the Elsa. Can you get in contact with them from there?
Little Master, it is not only on the Elsa that something odd is happening. Please return to the bridge immediately!
It isn't only on the Elsa? Hey, just what is going on!?
There isn't time to explain! Hurry, come to the bridge!
It can't be, did Allen do something again!?

Alright, let's get a status report.

What's wrong? What happened!?
There's an intruder in the motherframe! The 100-Series are currently working on deploying a firewall.
Again? It should be fine if we leave it to the 100-Series. What's the big fuss about?
You're wrong there! It ain't something so easy as before! Even with their abilities, the 100-Series can't drive it out.

Is this the enemy's true form!?
I've identified the contamination route. The location is the Elsa, KOS-MOS's maintenance room!
What did ya say!?
There isn't a mistake? Re-check it.
There's no mistake. The intruder is KOS-MOS!
Are you serious...
Kya!

Most of the 100-Series fall to the floor.

What's goin' on!?
Hey, what's happening on the Elsa!?
It's no good, I can't get in contact with them!
Damnit! Cut all the system bypasses to Mama!
Little Master!
No, that's crazy!
The opponent is KOS-MOS here! At this rate, the ship will be hijacked! Do it, quick!
Sever all bypasses to the motherframe!
Roger, severance complete! The interference to the motherframe is under control.
Is this also your doing, Allen? If you even got KOS-MOS involved, this is no simple prank.
The motherframe is alright somehow or other, but with all the bypasses cut, over half of the 100-Series ain't functioning no more. With things like this, the ship could get captured real easy.
Little Master, we need make a move soon. At this rate...
I know. I'll stop KOS-MOS.

Whew, that was eventful! Let's go see how things are on the Elsa, make sure the crew is ok.

Yo, if isn't the Little Master! Honestly, we're done in real fine over here.
The main frame's completely dead. We're totally on our knees.
And MOMO? Is MOMO alright!?
Just as she was trying to protect the main frame, she ended up collapsing.
chaos carried MOMO to the cabin.

Let's go over and check on MOMO.

How's MOMO? Is she safe?
For now, she's stable. But, it looks that it was a really powerful nanovirus.
So her consciousness hasn't come back.

Time to go hunt down KOS-MOS.

Failure to capture the target...nya. Target nyas fled toward the hangar... nya.
KO-KOS-MOS! H-heavy, I c-can't breathe.

Keep in mind that KOS-MOS is made of metal, she's canonically over 200lbs.

I recognize Jr. lying beneath me... nya. His breathing rate has decreased and his heart rate has increased... nyan.
Hurry up and get off!!

Jr., I can't get to the elevator because of your interference... nya. Could nya please step aside?
You didn't hear me? What's up with that 'nyan nyan' talk?
Although I can't understand your words nya, I know nya... retreating isnt anya option.

CAT-MOS goes off to find that drat cat, and we are gonna need some help to take her down. Let's get Ziggy up and running.

What are you doing, old man?
How does the situation look outside?
Situation? Why don't you go see for yourself?
I can't do that.
Geez, being old must really suck. Be honest, your moving functions are paralyzed, right?
...You don't need to tell me that.
This is no time for jokes, old man! The Elsa's mainframe was hacked and Durandal's Mama was attacked. The ship's functions have been torn apart. MOMO and two thirds of the 100-Series have been knocked unconscious.
MOMO? Who was the culprit!?
You will be surprised to hear that it was... KOS-MOS.
It was KOS-MOS? Impossible! What does this mean?
I don't know either. But there is no mistake that KOS-MOS has gone wild and that Allen is involved.
I see. If KOS-MOS is our opponent, then there is no way I can sit here silently.
You say that, but what are you going to do? You still can't move, right?
Though I'm still unadjusted, I'll be able to move if the machine is restarted.
I see, then just do it.
What I'm saying is that you need to do it.
Huh?!

Hey, hey, don't joke around! I'm not a technical specialist, you know!
Don't worry, neither am I. But right now, you are the only person I can trust.

One quiz later...

Shut up! Don't talk to me right now! That here, this there. Oh, it's done!? Old man, it's finally done!
Good, then I will tell you the last step.
Alright! I will free you right away!

KO-KOS-MOS!?
Confirm movement to Ziggy's chest...Nya.
KOS-MOS, what happened? Why do you look like that?
This is a warning... Nya. There appears to be a failure in your language function, Nya. It would be best to... adjust it at once, Nya!
What are you saying? You aren't yourself! Jr., quick, do the last step! There is something wrong with KOS-MOS!
I, I know!
Jr., you are interrupting... Nya. Please move away... Nyan.
KOS-MOS pushed Jr. away, and he fell to the ground. After that, she prepared to attack Ziggy. Jr. jumped on KOS-MOS to hold her down, but he was tossed aside by her strength.
It's useless... Nya. Jr., you can nyaver stop me... Nyan!

KOS-MOS slowly approached Ziggy and jumped on him, sitting astride and beginning to claw at him.
Stop! Stop it!
Again, the target's disappearance has been confirmed nya. There aren't anya energy reactions. I've completely lost the target nyaa.

CAT-MOS leaves as if nothing, leaving Ziggy unconscious and Jr. rattled.

MOMO! YOu're safe!
KOS-MOS suddenly.... old man was... Uuuuh.
Huh? You're not saying that Ziggy is...?
Jr.! Ziggy is still alive! With this, he should be alright! Ziggy? Please wake up, Ziggy!

I'm afraid not too well. KOS-MOS was... What happened after that?
I don't know. She said 'nya nya' and left. Anyway, we can't leave it like this. You go search for Allen. It's his fault that KOS-MOS has gone wild.
MOMO, do you know where KOS-MOS and Allen are?

Let's get out of this room.

No use, the elevator wont move.
Ahead of us is the cargo receiving dock. We should be able to leave from there.
drat, it won't open! It's no use!
Move away.

Ziggy does his thing, breaking open the hatch.

Jr., I will search for Allen for now. I'll leave KOS-MOS to you.
Ah, okay. When you meet Allen, tell him this: "I hate when people overdo things."

Jr. runs off, and Ziggy goes to the Foundation.

I ain't okay! Just look at this situation! Everything here and there's all beat up.
Was this KOS-MOS's doing after all?
That's right! I honestly don't get why we let such a brutal thing run free... The bridge is in an awful state too. Shelley's steaming mad!
It's that bad!? ...This is a serious affair.
Little Master, hurry and catch KOS-MOS. We couldn't take it if the stuff we finally repaired got smashed again!
Yeah, I got it.

Let's go to the bridge and make sure she's ok.

No, I'm good. I know quite well that the bridge isn't functioning.
Then, you also must know what is to be done next. This isn't the time to dawdle.
(Shelley's pretty mad...)
Little Master, you won't find KOS-MOS by staying here.
Ah, yeah, I know.
If you know, then why are you still here?

Little Master... Mistress Shelley is so scary!

An explosion can be heard from the bridge.

What is it this time!?
It's an explosion within the ship! The location is... the Elsa!
How are the damages?
Communication with the Elsa is impossible. I cannot confirm it's status.
Little Master!
I know. I'll leave things here to you!

Let's head on over to the Elsa... again.

Hammer? What are you doing?
KOS-MOS, it's KOS-MOS! Just as were thinking about how she'd suddenly gone crazy on the bridge, there was a giant explosion in the hanger! It was so big, it's a mystery that no one died! I'll warn you that since the bridge was destroyed, the elevator's stopped.

To the bridge we go, then.

How could we be okay?! The bridge has been wrecked, the hangar's exploded! Just how much will this cost to repair...
Is KOS-MOS still in the hangar?
Hell if I know that! We're cut off from the motherframe here, and even the elevator isn't moving!

Let's get the hell out of here before we get murdered. Since the elevator doesn't work, we gotta go back in through the cargo hatch.

Jr.! Just now, KOS-MOS appeared, and as she went into the hangar, there was an explosion...
Are you unhurt?
Yes, but it looks like KOS-MOS has been infected by the nanovirus too, so I thought that I should try to analyze the virus.
And, were you able to do it?
Yes. It was by chance, but I was able to get the nanovirus control program. There's also still data left behind from when I was infected, so I think that I can do something.

Time to finish this, let's go to the hangar!

W-wait, KOS-MOS! What are you going to do!? Stop it already!
Shion, I'm warning you. You are currently standing in the firing line between me and the target. Please move away from your current position as soon as possible.
Wait, KOS-MOS! I won't stand quietly by if you do something stupid again!
Jr.?
Jr., I'm sorry, but I can't listen to your order. This mission has higher priority.
Hey, wait, KOS-MOS. Who gave you this mission? Calm down!
You're the one who should calm down, Shion... Interference with the mission will be in direct violation of office regulations.
Stop! Don't get any closer to Shion!!
Umm, hey, you two, don't you think it'd be better to stop? Let's calm down a little... It'd be better that way, don't you think?
Then there is no other way. To achieve this mission, I will eliminate all resistance!
How interesting. Come and try it!
Will you two stop it already! The Elsa will be destroyed if you keep this up!!
Shion, look out!
Shion is pushed by Jr. She loses her balance and falls to the ground. Weak from the explosion, the hangar falls over her head.
Chief, watch out!

Allen dives and pushes them both out of the way of the falling debris.

Let's go, KOS-MOS!!

Clunk. Some time later...

Seems like Jr. really got hit good by MOMO.

Ouch! Don't touch where it's swelling!
But, settling it with one attack and all, MOMO's pretty impressive!

Shut up! How are KOS-MOS and the 100-Series now?
There are no problems. Currently, MOMO is removing the nanovirus.
Is that so? Well then, that's the first step done at least. Now, all that's left is dealing with him.
Allen, ya mean? First of all, we billed Vector for all the losses suffered. Although it looks like they were really chewed out by the company people.
Well, since they caused such a big fuss as this, it's their just desserts.
Well, that might be right.
Well, there's still a problem left... Although it's a problem between men.
& Huh...?

Eek! Jr.!?
What are you sneaking about for?
Well, I'm not really sneaking or anything...
Well, there's been a big clamor about this. You obtained your objective though, right?
W-what do you mean, objective!? Just what are you talking about? I don't really...
If you're acting like that, it doesn't seem like anything changed... Honestly, if you're always going to act like this, you'll never get Shion's heart.
No, well, that's... I mean, even I...
Hey, calm down! Because next time, I'll collaborate with ya. And generally speaking, you fundamentally cannot understand a woman's heart.
Hah, a woman's heart, huh...

Ah!? Chief!! Um, well...
Well, you see, this Allen guy...
He-hey, Jr.!?
Ahahahaha, we were just having some guy-to-guy talk. Nothing to do with you, Shion!
That's... pretty suspicious, you know? Allen, you aren't hiding anything, are you?
It, it's not that! N-nothing's suspicious! N-no way, are you doubting me??
Don't worry about it, it was nothing serious. Let's go, Allen!
Ah, wa-wait a minute, Jr.!
Allen leaves the place in a rush. A single data disk comes falling from his palm. While Shion goes to pick it up, the recorded content begins to play back.

In that moment, the entirely of the hallway freezes.

Well, that happened. Let's check in on Jr.

Little Master, if you move about so much, I can't apply the medicine!
Ouch! That's why I'm saying, do it more gently!
Gosh, Little Master, you sure didn't learn from your experiences. And your bruise this time is a bright red handprint! It can't be, did ya get scolded by MOMO again?
Shut up! It wasn't anything like that. Ouchhh!!
You mustn't move like that!
Hah. I don't know nothing about manly camaraderie, but you'd better study a woman's heart a bit better!
I've had enough, both comaraderie and women's hearts are too hard...

That's the end of Jr.'s story. And that's the end of Xenosaga Freaks for now! We've reached the end of the translated content. Next time on the Xenosaga megathread: Pied Piper. Stay tuned for more information on that soon!

Thanks for the hit of data, even if it still doesn't make much sense to me.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

I know nobody likes Shion except for like two of us in this thread but I'm assuming her story is the one that makes sense and I kind of wish we'd gotten that instead of, I dunno, Ziggy sitting and waiting for MOMO or whatever the gently caress chaos was doing.

Shion's story is first in the list on the PS2 version, and the mystery story is Allen, of course, so pretty safe to say that's the only place there's any actual answers.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Crossposted from the Sandcastle:

Xenosaga Pied Piper Or: What am I even doing with my life at this point?

So what is this anyway?

Xenosaga: Pied Piper is a mobile phone game released in 2004 in Japan as a side story from the main trilogy as a way to flesh out one of the main characters, in this case, Ziggy. It takes place 100 years before the events of Xenosaga 1, and chronicles his journey to track down the cyber-terrorist known only as Voyager.

So how are you going to be playing this?

I'm not.

Wait, what?

The thing is, it's basically impossible to play this game anymore, as this is about as inaccessible as you can get. However, there is one remaining part of this game that has survived, and that's a script covering the main scenes in the game. No optional dialogue, just the main story. I originally planned to just draw stick figures for screenshots but I think that would get old very fast. So instead, I'm going to do something different. I'm going to turn this into audio drama. And that is where you all reading this come in.

As much as I would love to do every single voice and butcher every woman's dialogue horribly, I think it would be more interesting to get the subforum involved and cast out the roles. Since the script has fallen into the web archive, I'd like to preserve this in whatever way I can.

I have a Google doc that explains the roles and rules in further detail here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18xCFr1vSRMHlsb9cQmCFj8_-uASDcsOP7xidChg4CEA/edit?usp=sharing

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

This sounds fun. I wouldn't mind doing Jan Sauer, I've got a nice deep voice. By the way, you might want to fix the formatting, it's off to the right on the Doc.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

SorataYuy posted:

This sounds fun. I wouldn't mind doing Jan Sauer, I've got a nice deep voice. By the way, you might want to fix the formatting, it's off to the right on the Doc.

It displays fine on my end. Tried logging out and viewing and it still looks fine, care to send me a screenshot or something? I'll see what I can do.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
I would, but I have a poo poo mic.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

ScurvyKip posted:

It displays fine on my end. Tried logging out and viewing and it still looks fine, care to send me a screenshot or something? I'll see what I can do.

Huh, I should've screenshotted, because now it looks just fine. Before like 30% of the page was lost. Ah well! I'll be sending my audition in later today.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that there are only 10 more days left to get your auditions in! Keep em coming!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that there are only 10 more days left to get your auditions in! Keep em coming!

Sorry, buddy, my mic still sucks.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Alright auditions are now closed. I'll be sifting through the auditions to see if I need to extend the deadline and if so, how to handle that.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

good luck. Kinda wanted to try and do something but work has been too busy to think about acting

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Just an update on the Pied Piper thing. I didn't get enough auditions, so I extended the deadline till the end of this month, and also put it on a voiceover website so I can hopefully get a larger talent pool to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
I'm currently in the process of casting out auditions, and those who have auditioned from here, check your PMs for the discord server that we'll be using.

• Locked thread