Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
It's finally time! Time to post the first part of this thing! I know it took a while to get going but it should proceed slightly smoother now.

Part 1: Prologue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27IlB5hqtpQ

Pick your preference here. No difference between the YouTube video and the Tindeck links besides credits in the video description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Only half an hour of VR a day? That's harsh.

(That creepy megalomaniac voice is perfect. Sounds like exactly like the kind of loser who'd monologue about pseudo-philosophical word salad to himself.)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ScurvyKip posted:

It's finally time!

:getin: :bisonyes:

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

ScurvyKip posted:

It's finally time! Time to post the first part of this thing! I know it took a while to get going but it should proceed slightly smoother now.

Pick your preference here. No difference between the YouTube video and the Tindeck links besides credits in the video description.

Hey that was really good! Looking forward to this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ScurvyKip posted:

this is insane (in a good way), but would it be possible to link the script too? i wanna read along

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

This is pretty awesome. Much as I can't wait for pisode III, I am looking forward to this.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

mandatory lesbian posted:

this is insane (in a good way), but would it be possible to link the script too? i wanna read along

https://web.archive.org/web/20160221213411/http://zarathustra.kaisho.org/ Here's a link to the script.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I finally caught up on Xenosaga Freaks; boy what a confusing mess that was.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!

Mraagvpeine posted:

I finally caught up on Xenosaga Freaks; boy what a confusing mess that was.

Yeah, it certainly is. I've been burnt out on LPing for the moment, I swear I'm not just ignoring it and I do intend to finish this. I may have taken on a bit more than I could handle with Pied Piper...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

Yeah, it certainly is. I've been burnt out on LPing for the moment, I swear I'm not just ignoring it and I do intend to finish this. I may have taken on a bit more than I could handle with Pied Piper...

Although I can't wait for more, you just need to worry about taking care of ScurvyKip. Hang tough, recover when you can, and know we will be waiting eagerly for your return.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Take your time, it'll be worth it. I need to see what I've heard whispers of about Xenosaga 3.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

Take your time, it'll be worth it. I need to see what I've heard whispers of about Xenosaga 3.

As far as Xenosaga goes it's probably the most "conventionally good." I like it and I see why it's generally the most popular. That being said, it still has that Xenosaga craziness. I think we will all be very satisfied when Scurvy reaches it.

But take your time, Scurvy. I'm as invested in this LP now as I was when I first found it. The important thing is you actually want to do it and don't think of it as a chore or obligation.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Thanks, I'm taking a look at what would be a better option for Pied Piper, as the radio drama thing is proving to be too much of a chore for me to reasonably continue it. I think I will just do some sort of plot overview video.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I am looking forward to Xenosaga 3. It isn’t the best game in the world but for me it is one of my favorites and will always have a special place. I absolutely loved the music. It made me sad that there wouldn’t be any more because they really (finally) learned how to make a good game. I enjoyed 1 but could never force myself to replay it, 2 took a LOT of willpower to finish and I had dropped it for a long time only finishing it before 3 came out to get myself ready for 3.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

rio posted:

I am looking forward to Xenosaga 3. It isn’t the best game in the world but for me it is one of my favorites and will always have a special place. I absolutely loved the music. It made me sad that there wouldn’t be any more because they really (finally) learned how to make a good game. I enjoyed 1 but could never force myself to replay it, 2 took a LOT of willpower to finish and I had dropped it for a long time only finishing it before 3 came out to get myself ready for 3.

I feel the same. I've actually replayed 1 a couple times, but I never brought myself to go through that with 2. 3 is a lot of fun though, and ScurvyKip and company will likely have fun riffing it.

Hunter Noventa fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 1, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

Thanks, I'm taking a look at what would be a better option for Pied Piper, as the radio drama thing is proving to be too much of a chore for me to reasonably continue it. I think I will just do some sort of plot overview video.

Well, crap. And now I have a headset with a non-lovely mic finally.

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Good news for the LP! Our good friend SorataYuy has agreed to help with the audio editing process, effectively making it not hell for me to work on this. Getting retakes for Chapter 2 and will be sending it for editing afterwards. This thing is still on!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

ScurvyKip posted:

Good news for the LP! Our good friend SorataYuy has agreed to help with the audio editing process, effectively making it not hell for me to work on this. Getting retakes for Chapter 2 and will be sending it for editing afterwards. This thing is still on!

If you need another voice, my headset mic seems pretty decent, so please PM me if I can help.

SorataYuy
Jul 17, 2014

That... didn't even make sense.
Got everything done for chapter 2 so far but the music and any sound effects to be put in, but thanks to the holiday, it will probably have to wait until I get back from my trip. So Chapter 2 should be in Kip's hands by the first week of January, folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Finally got a new update out!

Part 2: Archon Police Station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbtcn1vyHRc

• Locked thread