Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Azure_Horizon posted:

That said, I think the first game is the worst of all of them, simply because of the sheer LACK of music anywhere. And that loving battle theme. Everywhere.

Yeah that's probably what I remember most about Xenosaga. Why do half the places (or more) in the game lack music? This is made even worse by the fact that the music that is there is actually really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

ScurvyKip posted:

Xenosaga Part 5: We read some more email, oh and other things happen too.

Do you realize you made the argument for investing in Vector, claimed you invested in Vector, but actually replied that you're going to invest in Hasegawa?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I love that cutscene.

I remember being annoyed with the short range/long range stuff in this game, to the point where half my attacks were unavailable half the time just because some enemy was floating half a meter off the ground. Seeing those greyed out square/circle buttons a couple times in these battles here reminded me of that.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Lookin' more like a badass kill-bot than a pretty princess.

Why settle for one when you can be both?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

Gonna go for Robo Party with Ziggy, MOMO, KOS-MOS.

That seems good, let's go with that.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Genocyber posted:

I just remembered what chaos' design reminds me of.

And yet the Mega Man designs here look fine, while Chaos' design looks like a mess.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

The back of the NA box claims there are over 80 hours to be had in Episode 1, though even with copious amounts of grinding, sidequesting, and falling asleep with the game still running because god drat are some sections of the game tedious and boring, I only ever ended with a save file capping at about 40 hours.

Not only that, it claims that it's "delivering over 80 hours of game play", which is blatantly false. It also apparently features "Innovative battle and control systems", and while I would agree that the battle system is innovative, ...control system?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I wonder if it's some kind of workaround for a memory allocation glitch or something.

"Hey, the driller game freezes up after around 10 straight games, we don't have enough time to find and fix that bug!" -- "Eh whatever, just force the player to reload the map before that happens."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

Wow you completely hosed up the pronunciation of the subtitle.

• Locked thread