Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

bolo yeung posted:

I lived in Mexico for several years and am married to a Mexican (like really born and raised in Mexico, not East LA). I'm willing and ready to answer any questions and offer any suggestions. I grew up in Cajun country (and make some amazing Cajun food), but Mexican food is by far my passion.

I want all of your Mexican and Cajun recipes ahhhhhh

Looking forward to this thread and trying some authetnic recipes rather than my white boy version of tacos and stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Squirrelo posted:

Ok, I made mole so have a picture!

Used this recipe and it came out super thick and super delicious. Just thinned it out with an equal part of chicken stock and simmered the chicken in it until it was cooked through.

Camera phone so sorry about the quality, but it is still amazing.

This recipe is pretty awesome. I omitted the nuts because of the allergies of the people eating. But definitely awesome. I didn't have time to find Mexican chocolate, so used Ghirabaldi... 6oz is probably a bit too much if you are using that. I used a little less than four and it was definitely one of the more prominent flavors

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Devil Wears Wings posted:

I just bought 2 lbs of Mexican longaniza from Costco because I had it on pizza last week and it's frickin' delicious. What's the best use for this stuff? Tacos?

I use in chili sometimes, any kind of rice and beans kind of thing I might throw together. It's good stuff. Never done tacos, but I'm sure it would be good

• Locked thread