Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I want to hear more about the use of nuts, less common (in the US) herbs, and also hydrated dried chilies in purees and sauces. These have been the most fascinating things I've encountered in mexican cooking over the last couple years. I'd talk like I knew something, but I really don't know much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

MewMcDong posted:

Anyone have any good guacamole recipes? I have family with lots and lots of avocado trees so in the summer I get inundated with a metric shitton of avocados. Please help me convert them into delicious dip. Im getting tired of eating them with just salt and pepper.

two avacadoes, cut in half, flesh scored crosshatch and then squeezed out (just squeeze the half, it'll pop out into cubes.) - 1 medium tomato diced, salted for 10 min, excess juice drained, 1/2 bunch cilantro rough chopped, 1 small white or red onion minced, 1 small clove garlic minced, juice of 1/2 a lime. salt and pepper. fold everything together gently until just cohesive. taste test, add a sprinkle of sugar if needed, or more lime, salt or pepper. make it good. done.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I'd love a tried and true loving awesome birria recipe. I had some at an awesome place in Chicago and have been lusting after ever since.

I can google, but just wondering if any of you had one.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

EVG posted:

What place? I'd like to check it out.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/birrieria-zaragoza-chicago

• Locked thread