Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Flaskraven posted:

What happens if this is your first playthrough? Do you just get stuck before Sigma's idea?

Yep. Any time there's an event that you haven't seen the prerequisite scene for on an alternate path (like how you need to see the Safe Ending before you could get the True Ending in 999), Sigma will say something like "What can I do to prevent ___/make sure that ___ happens?" and then it'll fade to a To Be Continued screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putnopvut
May 18, 2007

Give me some money
Conversely, if we had been plot-locked on this path initially, do we ever get explicitly told that we've seen what we need to see to get past the plot-lock? Or do we have to periodically reload from this point to see if we have what we need to progress?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Putnopvut posted:

Conversely, if we had been plot-locked on this path initially, do we ever get explicitly told that we've seen what we need to see to get past the plot-lock? Or do we have to periodically reload from this point to see if we have what we need to progress?

You're not told what you need to pass it, but any plot locks you can break turn green on the flowchart.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Putnopvut posted:

Once you see what you need to see, the lock on the flowchart will turn from black to green. You're never explicitly told, though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BTW, anyone playing this on their own, if the game tells you to write something down WRITE IT DOWN. Not all plot-locks are automatic like this, but they do an okay job of warning you when otherwise.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Bruceski posted:

BTW, anyone playing this on their own, if the game tells you to write something down WRITE IT DOWN. Not all plot-locks are automatic like this, but they do an okay job of warning you when otherwise.

Yeah, I had to go back and replay some scenes because I was all "Sigma will just remember it for me, right? :downs:" the first time around.

saihate
Oct 16, 2009

ID: ththththt
PASS: hthththth

Bruceski posted:

At least replaying the scene to get said information again is relatively painless. I had to do it several times because my handwriting on the Vita was atrocious and I was too lazy to grab a pencil.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Listen in: [English/Japanese]

VLR OST: [Consternation]

Wh-Whoa, really?
That makes two, then...

Guess K was right after all.

So there were more bombs...

So it would seem.

Was this here when you guys came through the first time?

No, it was not.

Yeah, I didn't see anything, and I looked real hard.

Then somebody must have set it while we were looking for Alice.

Who the hell would do that?

We were all out looking for Alice... It could have been any of us.

I was back in the infirmary.
Quark was still out, so I was keeping an eye on him.

So we shouldn't consider you a suspect. Is that right?

Yeah. Quark's off the list too.

But, Tenmyouji, you have no proof that you spent the entire time in the infirmary, do you?

What?

You could have quietly made your way to the laboratory, planted the bomb...

That's insane! Listen to yourself!
There's no way in hell I'd have left Quark all by himself to go plant a goddamn bomb!

Hey, what's this thing...

Where was it?

Um... right under the bomb.
It was down on the floor under the table.

Could it have been put here by the same person who set the bomb?
There was nothing like it here when we examined this room.

Do you think they dropped it accidentally?

Unless it was left here intentionally, yes, I imagine so.

What do you think's on it?

Let's take a look.
Could I see it for a minute?

Yeah, I guess so...

No dice.
We'll need to plug it into something that can read memory cards, but I don't see anything here.

So what do we do?

C'mon, if I knew I'd be doing it.

All players, please enter your votes.
If no vote is recorded before the deadline has passed, any non-voting parties will automatically ally.

I hate to chime in at what should be a great cliffhanger moment but I'm pretty sure the writers just massively goofed here. There hasn't been an AB Gate announcement yet and the last time we were in Warehouse A all the gates were closed. You can check. Soooooo... I think you should just roll with this.

Yeah, you're right.
We've got what we came here for.

Um...

Not much we can do except leave it here.
Alice said it'd be dangerous to touch them.

True, but...

We can talk about the bombs later.
Right now we need to take care of Alice and Quark.

Right!
So we'll go back to the infirmary, give them the Axelavir, then head to the floor A warehouse.

Right!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Fedule posted:

I hate to chime in at what should be a great cliffhanger moment but I'm pretty sure the writers just massively goofed here. There hasn't been an AB Gate announcement yet and the last time we were in Warehouse A all the gates were closed. You can check. Soooooo... I think you should just roll with this.

Okay, good I thought I was loving crazy when I played this part but I didn't want to go back and check and lose my place.

The occasional rare goof-ups they make are just weird enough to be jarring when there's so much attention to detail everywhere else.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jan 25, 2014

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Oh, also I fixed that one voice track link that was wrong.

It's good to see there's at least one person listening to the Japanese track. It helps me convince myself I'm not crazy for sticking to dual audio.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fedule posted:

It's good to see there's at least one person listening to the Japanese track. It helps me convince myself I'm not crazy for sticking to dual audio.
Make it two, I hate the English dub (well, except the cockney robot :v:).

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I listen to the English one since I've only heard it in Japanese. I like 'em both though.

Also an update with no cliffhanger, voted 1.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Fedule posted:

Yeah, I just kinda randomly alternate between them. I hadn't heard the English track before and while it's certainly quite good (better than expected at least) I still do prefer the Japanese voice actors.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Fedule posted:

I listen if I need to refresh my memory of something, but since I played the game with Japanese audio, I listen to the English tracks while reading the LP.

Changamer
Feb 20, 2013

Fedule posted:

Yeah, I listen to the Japanese track too. And two updates in quick succession? Thanks, Fedule.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
Hey Fedule, you skipped this update in the ToC in the OP. Otherwise, this has been a pretty good LP so far, really enjoying your pacing (and the cliffhangers :allears:).

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

RelentlessImp posted:

Hey Fedule, you skipped this update in the ToC in the OP. Otherwise, this has been a pretty good LP so far, really enjoying your pacing (and the cliffhangers :allears:).

Huh. Good catch, fixed.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

It might take a little while, but they should recover.

999 OST: [Imaginary]

Yes.
The analysis I did on the vials confirmed that the duplicate was real Axelavir.
The original was genuine too, of course.
Now that they've been treated...

It's only a matter of time before the virus is eliminated.

I believe so, yes.

Agreed.

Right now we need to get to the AB Rooms, and fast.

drat... Don't even have time to catch our breath.

C'mon, let's go! The floor A warehouse is waiting!

VLR OST: [Anxiousness]

Why?

Well, when we were all heading out, I noticed he wasn't doing anything.
So I asked him if he was coming with us...
And this was what I got...

I think I'll stick around and make sure they're okay.

That means that Phi's only opponent will be Dio.

One on one, huh...

Nothing to worry about.
I plan to choose "ally".
You know why?

Because I've only got 1 BP.

Exactly.
If you chose "ally" and I betrayed you, your BP would drop below 0 and, well, we know what happens then.
I want to win, but I'm not that desperate.
You see what I'm saying, right?

Since Dio's said he's going to pick "ally"...
...Phi can't really pick anything else.

If she does, Tenmyouji will... um...

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Since Quark's still sleeping...

That is correct.

How many BP do you guys have?

If one of them can get the other to ally, and then betray that person, the betrayer will have 9 points...

Look, K, I know you don't really have any reason to trust me, but...

I know.
You would like us both to vote "ally", yes?

Y-Yeah...

I agree.
If we were to both betray, then we would gain no points. We would lose nothing either, but that's hardly relevant.
If both of us cooperate, then we will both gain 2 points, which is much more beneficial.

Right... Okay, good.
You're really gonna do it, right?

Yes.

Promise?

Promise.

[Music fades out]

We need to move, now!

Indeed. Shall we?

Sounds good!

VLR OST: [Ambidexterity]

So...

You're saying we should pick "ally", right?
Since Alice is going to default to that anyway...

Yes.

I know.
It's not really fair to betray somebody who isn't voting.

Nine... Eight... Seven...
Six... Five... Four...
Three...
Two...
One...

I guess it's time to vote, then.

We wouldn't... would we?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Bah, screw Alice, she's been a tool this route and we need BP, bad. Betray the sucker.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

We can't let Luna down. She is the only person with some common sense around here. :colbert:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Dio and Phi, and Clover and K are all going to betray for sure, they don't trust each other.

MrsPooky
Jun 25, 2003

by Smythe
Ally. Who cares if the rest betray each other?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Ally tends to be the "default" option so picking it first leaves something to look forward to, namely juicy betrayal drama. Especially if everyone else will pick Ally as they claim which, to be fair, isn't all that likely because we're evidently stuck with a group of untrustworthy dicks. I mean look at this guy for example

Fedule posted:

Promise.

I like K but how someone without a visible face can still manage to have such an obvious "Imma screw you over" expression is beyond me.

We really ought to pick both before jumping to yet another timeline though, there's already way too many completely separate paths open and it'd be nice to at least one with a clear goal/ending.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Hmmmm... I was so looking forward to voting Betray against Alice but now that she's unconscious it just wouldn't feel right. Plus, it would definitly sour our relations with Luna, not to mention add to the inevitable shitstorm that's gonna ensue following this game. So... voting Ally I guess, and postponing Alice's comeuppance until we redo the first vote on this path.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
yeah, there's no way we can backstab an unconscious person. Plus, Luna, obviously, we love Luna.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sorry Luna, that's nice of you and all, but is it really what Alice would want? She was quite clear before that only an idiot would choose Ally. Don't want Alice to think we're idiots, do we?

Changamer
Feb 20, 2013
Dio knocked Tenmyouji out so he couldn't vote this round, didn't he? I don't think Tenmyouji would trust someone like Dio to vote for him.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Changamer posted:

Dio knocked Tenmyouji out so he couldn't vote this round, didn't he? I don't think Tenmyouji would trust someone like Dio to vote for him.

You'd think so, but Tenmyouji shows he doesn't give a drat long as Quark's okay.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Everyone's voting that we pick Ally.

If we truly loved Luna, we'd pick Betray and let her escape.

Also, the last time we all agreed with Luna and picked Ally, everyone died.

Wait, that was amazing. Never mind.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Are people mostly voting for ally because Luna has 6 points? (The game didn't refresh my memory on how many Alice and Luna have.)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Ally, then when we get to the end of the route we'll go back and betray, like with Dio on the Quark Route.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Are people mostly voting for ally because Luna has 6 points? (The game didn't refresh my memory on how many Alice and Luna have.)

Luna has 5, Alice has 6.

I actually don't see the logic of Allying with Alice here; yes she's unconscious, but she has no leverage over us like Dio did and Sigma's on 1 BP. There's no risk of Luna hitting 9 points, either. From the perspective of the AB game, it'd be pretty daft not to get the free 3 points, and even if Alice throws a fit when she wakes up it's not like she was in any danger of dying, and turnabout's fair play.

I imagine if Alice was awake everyone would be hitting Betray.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Luna has 5, Alice has 6.

I actually don't see the logic of Allying with Alice here; yes she's unconscious, but she has no leverage over us like Dio did and Sigma's on 1 BP. There's no risk of Luna hitting 9 points, either. From the perspective of the AB game, it'd be pretty daft not to get the free 3 points, and even if Alice throws a fit when she wakes up it's not like she was in any danger of dying, and turnabout's fair play.

I imagine if Alice was awake everyone would be hitting Betray.

This is a fair point.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Oh come on, Alice probably sleep-walked all the way to the booth just to gently caress over Sigma.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I disagree. Being selfish is kind of lovely, both in real life and in-game.
That's why I like Luna. If everyone had listened to her, and chosen to ally, this game would have been over a round ago.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard
Betray! It's only fair, and we need a health buffer.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I voted betray just because gently caress Alice. I want to see her ramp the hypocrisy up to 11.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
Whether we ally or betray, we'll still be two betrayals away from death, so betraying has no survival advantages here. It makes more sense to ally, regardless of the moral aspect, because the only way to make any gain in the AB game is if your opponent allies. In future rounds, nobody's going to vote 'ally' against someone who betrayed an unconscious opponent.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

And More posted:

I disagree. Being selfish is kind of lovely, both in real life and in-game.
That's why I like Luna. If everyone had listened to her, and chosen to ally, this game would have been over a round ago.

Counterpoint: Dio's a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I want to see the system autopick Betray on Alice's side because of an obscure rule that wasn't explained clearly enough :v:

• Locked thread