Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Oh man, when I got to this point, it was the first time someone referenced events that hadn't taken place, as I hadn't done the whole Alice switcharoo yet. I had no clue what the poo poo was going on.

Is it too late to post this? :v:

Wait, is this a Fist of the North Star reference? That's amazing.

Anyways, that's the beauty of this game - you really can hop around and do stuff in mostly whatever order you please, and the way it (very subtly) shifts in response to your progression is a cool thing that most people, I think, would never actively pick up on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Podima posted:

Wait, is this a Fist of the North Star reference? That's amazing.

Anyways, that's the beauty of this game - you really can hop around and do stuff in mostly whatever order you please, and the way it (very subtly) shifts in response to your progression is a cool thing that most people, I think, would never actively pick up on.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, actually. The ghostly Quark is Tenmyoji's stand.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

King of Solomon posted:

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, actually. The ghostly Quark is Tenmyoji's stand.

The irony is that while there is a Dio in this game, he can't stop time.

Or can he? :tinfoil:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Fedule posted:

It's Latin.
"Applaud! The play has ended!" That's what it means.

Not quite.

INTERMISSION

EDIT: I just realized I stupidly put the new stuff under "BETRAY PHI". Pretend it is one space to the left, under "ALLY w/ PHI". I'll fix it next time.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 15, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Uh, just to be safe, I'll just say there aren't any hidden spoilers or anything in that. It's just a joke because people were talking about Tenmyouji's muscular body and him punching the lights out of a guy named Dio.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm going to be so mad if the big twist of this game was that we all somehow walked around this facility for hours without anyone realizing that we were in one-sixth Earth gravity.

To be fair... they have noted that they all feel really weird, they simply chalk it up to the drugs in their systems. But yes it would be hard to not notice "Hey we're kinda really floaty"

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Clearly they were also given weak muscle relaxants, so they can't exert as much force and therefore don't notice that everything is lighter.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Onmi posted:

To be fair... they have noted that they all feel really weird, they simply chalk it up to the drugs in their systems. But yes it would be hard to not notice "Hey we're kinda really floaty"

Sigma also dropped a bottle of Axeliveir when they discovered the Lab bomb, and it apparently didn't fall any slower, and that's something which would be hard to miss at 15% gravity.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Minor thing, but on the Cyan door path on both Betray and Allying with Alice, you mention Alice twice. As in, with Sigma and Phi where she actually was but also with Dio and Quark where Luna was.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Oh man, when I got to this point, it was the first time someone referenced events that hadn't taken place, as I hadn't done the whole Alice switcharoo yet. I had no clue what the poo poo was going on.

YOU THOUGHT I WOULD VOTE ALLY? TOO BAD! IT WAS ME, DIO!
(not mine, unfortunately)

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dragonatrix posted:

Minor thing, but on the Cyan door path on both Betray and Allying with Alice, you mention Alice twice. As in, with Sigma and Phi where she actually was but also with Dio and Quark where Luna was.

gently caress me, I think someone mentioned that last time and I fixed it on the current chart but not on my almost-complete version of the chart, and things got messed up again when I copy-pasted stuff around. I'll fix that next time too.

At least I haven't done something monumentally stupid and pasted over big spoilers we haven't gotten to yet. I'm bring extremely careful in that regard.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

It is never too late for fanart. That yours? Does it have a title?

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Back during the 999 LP I thought that a factor in unlocking different endings would be to somehow get to specific rooms with specific sets of people. That didn't turn out to be possible there, and I don't think it will be possible here.

Beyond each of the Red/Green/Blue doors is an antechamber with three doors and a lever. The lever opens one of the doors when pulled. Given that only Door decisions appear to effect bracelet colours, then there are only three possible sets of people that Sigma can enter each RGB door with. It would make sense for each of the three doors in the lever rooms to correspond to one of these sets. It's also presumably a game design decision. With 9 possibilities for what happens to Sigma at this stage, it probably makes more sense to develop 9 distinct escape sequences, rather than 3 escape sequences with 3 variations depending on which characters you happen to take with you.

At the moment, what all of this means is that all of the coloured door choices available are likely to take us to new escape sequences that we haven't seen before. There is one exception, though, and it's what I'd like to try.

By doing ~/cyan/betray/blue, we'd be doing something that we haven't yet done on this playthrough, which is insisting that we stick around with the same person through a Chromatic Door after changing our AB Game decision. This will take us with Alice through (probably!) the Garden. This case in particular has a bit of a wrinkle because of how Alice's AB game decision flips so it's always the opposite of ours. That's kinda hosed up. I think there could be something valuable to learn about the fuckitude by sticking with her. What sort of things change in and around an escape sequence when its with someone we successfully Betrayed instead of the other way around?

In a similar vein, I'd also like to go ~/magenta/betray and then later through green, but convincing y'all to betray Luna isn't something I want to even approach right now tbh.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I would actually be down with doing the /magenta/betray after we re-do the Phi decision, because it'd likely be best to get the worst betrayals out of the way.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Fedule posted:

It is never too late for fanart. That yours? Does it have a title?

I drew it, if that's what you mean. Obviously, I'm not actually very good at mimicking Araki's style, but hey. Title? Uh... Tenmyouji's Bizarre Adventure? :v:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I drew it, if that's what you mean. Obviously, I'm not actually very good at mimicking Araki's style, but hey. Title? Uh... Tenmyouji's Bizarre Adventure? :v:

Just doublechecking before throwin' it in the OP gallery. I guess it's very technically a spoiler so it'll go in the spoiler section.

Speaking of which, does anyone happen to have the version of :moreevil: with Luna and Ally (and preferably the post where it first came up)? I meant to throw that in the spoiler gallery too but I can't recall quite where in this thread it was posted.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I kind of want to go back and Betray Tenmyougi. Would be interesting to test if he, too, has access to the morphogenetic field.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Color Printer posted:

gently caress me, I think someone mentioned that last time and I fixed it on the current chart but not on my almost-complete version of the chart, and things got messed up again when I copy-pasted stuff around. I'll fix that next time too.

At least I haven't done something monumentally stupid and pasted over big spoilers we haven't gotten to yet. I'm bring extremely careful in that regard.

Also, unless I'm reading this wrong, you've got the path we just did under "PHI BETRAY" when we chose to Ally.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Catsworth posted:

Also, unless I'm reading this wrong, you've got the path we just did under "PHI BETRAY" when we chose to Ally.

He's aware.

Color Printer posted:

EDIT: I just realized I stupidly put the new stuff under "BETRAY PHI". Pretend it is one space to the left, under "ALLY w/ PHI". I'll fix it next time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Spatula City posted:

I kind of want to go back and Betray Tenmyougi. Would be interesting to test if he, too, has access to the morphogenetic field.

Because of his dialogue with Clover?

Seshoho Cian posted:

This is everything I could have ever wanted and more. :allears:

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Fedule posted:

Just doublechecking before throwin' it in the OP gallery. I guess it's very technically a spoiler so it'll go in the spoiler section.

Speaking of which, does anyone happen to have the version of :moreevil: with Luna and Ally (and preferably the post where it first came up)? I meant to throw that in the spoiler gallery too but I can't recall quite where in this thread it was posted.

Pringles Monster posted:

DaveWoo posted:

Nice. Now all we need is a Luna smiley constantly pressing "ALLY".

(Luna's always picked Ally so far, right?)

So like this?

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

Fedule posted:

But you wouldn't believe me.

You don't know that. We might believe a lot...
"Oh, so you got a precognition after experiencing the event in another world line? Sure, why not?"

The best (worst?) thing is, Phi might've actually opened up a bit if she knew about Clover's deal. But no, Clover just has to act all secretive and tight-lipped - despite failing at that on several occasions.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SingerOfW posted:

"Oh, so you got a precognition after experiencing the event in another world line? Sure, why not?"

The best (worst?) thing is, Phi might've actually opened up a bit if she knew about Clover's deal. But no, Clover just has to act all secretive and tight-lipped - despite failing at that on several occasions.

Clover is like a textbook example of giving all the wrong information at all the wrong times.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
drat it Phi you could have at least explained what was going on, so what if no one believes you, you're planning just gently caress off and abandon everyone anyway.

I knew this was going to happen but I was so hoping it wouldn't, I liked Phi and now she's in the Dio and Alice club of smug hypocrisy and general terribleness. :(

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Zoe posted:

drat it Phi you could have at least explained what was going on, so what if no one believes you, you're planning just gently caress off and abandon everyone anyway.

I knew this was going to happen but I was so hoping it wouldn't, I liked Phi and now she's in the Dio and Alice club of smug hypocrisy and general terribleness. :(

I'm waiting for her (or at least someone at some point) to pull the handle but not leave, prompting some kind of "There! Now we all have to work together, nobody is getting out alone!" speech

E:
Side note, if we're still in the mood to collect fanart there's still this one I made earlier - a little :effort: but I still think it's amusing

Yeah Bro posted:

I don't trust electronic voting machines, he could have very easily picked ally and had Zero III change his vote without his knowledge. There's historical precedent. :colbert:

Sentient Data posted:

Dear god, you're on to something... Look what I found when going through the thread to find a better closeup of the AB machine!

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 16, 2014

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

I'm waiting for her (or at least someone at some point) to pull the handle but not leave, prompting some kind of "There! Now we all have to work together, nobody is getting out alone!" speech

Erm...if someone does that the door closes forever after nine seconds and they're all stuck there.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Seshoho Cian posted:

That's too good to be true.
Now, someone really needs to edit Sigma's face on Jonathan's "DIOOO"

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder how many "other players" there actually are.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Well, checking on the poll, I don't see the need to keep it going any longer.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

Well, checking on the poll, I don't see the need to keep it going any longer.

We sure are a vengeful bunch of goons.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Hmm; assuming we go back and betray, perhaps Phi allies when we betray and that is the injustice she speaks of, thus leading to a kind of loop where Phi's action is motivated by our action which is motivated by Phi's action? Half of that happened with Alice - she allied when we betrayed - so it might happen here too?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

152 out of 241 respondents approved of going back and betraying Phi - a lead of 126 over the next most popular choice and almost - but not quite - as popular as every other choice combined. So back we go. Phi's paid us back already, so let's pay her right back forward again. I mean... You know what I mean.

You lied.

VLR OST: [Portentousness]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

Yeah...

Did you do it to protect yourself? Were you worried that Phi might choose "betray"?

That's a good question...

I'm honestly not sure myself why I did it.

Well, we should go see the results.
I want to see how K and Clover voted...

Right. Let's go, then.

This means we win, right? :confuoot:

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
:allears: This is amazing.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
JUST AS PLANNED. :colbert:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
We....win?

Prepare for Phi outrage!

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Mar 16, 2014

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I will be pissed off if this ends up being another "you picked the wrong choice either way" thing.

You seem to do that a lot in this thread.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Welp. Who didn't see that coming?

Honestly, I don't think I've ever played another game that was just so blatant about hating the player. :allears:

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
The obvious conclusion here is that this is the "last time" Phi was just talking about.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Zoe posted:

Honestly, I don't think I've ever played another game that was just so blatant about hating the player. :allears:

You should play something by FROM. They even patch the games every time anyone thinks they might not be hating players quite enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That awkward moment when you're the only one to pick Betray.

• Locked thread