Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pierzak posted:

He's accusing the player.

The bomber is Killerman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Waffleman_ posted:

The bomber is Killerman!

Killerman is Killerman. :colbert:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fedule posted:

Looks like I gotta keep the poll open a bit longer; it's a bit close.

Whatever wins, Luna loses :getin:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

A reminder of what has happened so far, so we know what happened when we betray Luna.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Thanks, Color Printer. That's a very helpful chart. :3:
So, wow, I thought we had two plot locks, but it looks like we're stuck on FOUR.
I guess I'd be happy if we go back to the second decision point, because it opens up more branches, probably. MORE BRANCHES ALWAYS GOOD.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
Question for Fedule, if the votes are super close like they are now, would you consider making those two the next two, instead of only doing the one that barely wins?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I hadn't checked this thread for months and binged the update backlog. Gonna give in and get a 3DS at this rate, christ. This is getting really crazy.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Mindblast posted:

I hadn't checked this thread for months and binged the update backlog. Gonna give in and get a 3DS at this rate, christ. This is getting really crazy.

Having played through the game and as someone who loves the series, I'd say just stick with the LP as I really like the way Fedule's going through the game and for reasons unrelated to the game itself

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Manoueverable posted:

Having played through the game and as someone who loves the series, I'd say just stick with the LP as I really like the way Fedule's going through the game and for reasons unrelated to the game itself

Why are you telling someone "wait no don't buy the game, wait for the LP!"?

Visual novel LPs are practically piracy anyway. Making it good enough that people go out and buy the game themselves should be the intended goal here.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

jonjonaug posted:

Why are you telling someone "wait no don't buy the game, wait for the LP!"?

Visual novel LPs are practically piracy anyway. Making it good enough that people go out and buy the game themselves should be the intended goal here.

Yeah that's true, I didn't really think about that. I'm just really enjoying seeing a bunch of new stuff that I didn't actually get to see in my playthrough. Plus, marathoning this game tends to have adverse health effects from that "One more scene, just one!" aspect :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mindblast posted:

Do it, this game is great and so are many other 3DS games.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Do it, this game is great and so are many other 3DS games.

Yes, buy it, and 999, to support the series. ZE3 is in danger of not happening, so every bit helps.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

tbh, I'm starting to like this game, based on reading the LP, so much that when I actually get a 3DS, this, rather than Pokemon X, might be my first 3DS game.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I really hope betraying Luna twice results in her giving us another Axe ending.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Blinus posted:

Yes, buy it, and 999, to support the series. ZE3 is in danger of not happening, so every bit helps.

While I agree with supporting the series, ZE3 was harmed by lack of sales in Japan specifically.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Blinus posted:

Question for Fedule, if the votes are super close like they are now, would you consider making those two the next two, instead of only doing the one that barely wins?

Not likely. The idea is that the thread decides where we're going next each time we hit a lock or an ending, and their feelings might change in the interim. Or maybe new branches will appear!

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

whitehelm posted:

While I agree with supporting the series, ZE3 was harmed by lack of sales in Japan specifically.

That's true. Couldn't hurt though.

Fedule posted:

Not likely. The idea is that the thread decides where we're going next each time we hit a lock or an ending, and their feelings might change in the interim. Or maybe new branches will appear!

Derp, that makes perfect sense. My idea made sense at the time in my head, but you're right.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

whitehelm posted:

We just have to start a mass importing campaign, then!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
It worked for Ouendan.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
Has anyone watched or been watching SuperGreatFriend's streams/videos for 999 and VLR? I was wondering if it was just me, or if his attitude towards the game, as well as the chat's attitude, is kinda dampening the experience of the enjoyment I tend to get watching someone play a game I love, blind.

This isn't off-topic is it?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm of the opinion that, sooner or later, we're going to have to betray Luna.

I wanna do it sooner because then WE CAN BE AN rear end in a top hat. And then "it never really happened" :angel:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Shei-kun posted:

I wanna do it sooner because then WE CAN BE AN rear end in a top hat. And then "it never really happened" :angel:

And this is where the metaphysical fun really starts... Who says it never happened? According to Phi, we're jumping in and out of actual timelines that split off, not just hallucinations or extrapolations of potential decisions. What makes one timeline more "real" or "right" than any other?

Unless this turns out to be some kind of Matrix situation (which I seriously doubt since that would make any story payoffs way too weak), enjoy your guilt from betraying Luna (and everyone else) without ever getting to take it back from that "version" of the person

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Don't worry guys, just the same as every time we voted not to betray Luna, a new universe was born where the decision to betray her was made, so just the same, even if we do betray her now, there will be a universe where we don't. :toot:

DaniDaniDanica
Dec 25, 2012

whitehelm posted:

Right now there are a lot of fans in the West clamoring to drum up more support to show that there is a viable market for a third game. Currently I believe they are in the middle of producing a fanbook to send to Aksys and Uchikoshi (the writer) along with a letter encouraging them to go to related companies and look for possible ways to get a third game released. Hard to say if it will have much of an effect, but they specifically asked as many fans as possible to contribute to the fanbook in order to show just how much support there is for another game, so I guess we'll see. Either way, buying a copy of the games for yourself definitely couldn't hurt.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

DaniDaniDanica posted:

Right now there are a lot of fans in the West clamoring to drum up more support to show that there is a viable market for a third game. Currently I believe they are in the middle of producing a fanbook to send to Aksys and Uchikoshi (the writer) along with a letter encouraging them to go to related companies and look for possible ways to get a third game released. Hard to say if it will have much of an effect, but they specifically asked as many fans as possible to contribute to the fanbook in order to show just how much support there is for another game, so I guess we'll see. Either way, buying a copy of the games for yourself definitely couldn't hurt.

Here's a link to the movement for the record. WARNING: VLR SPOILERS, EVEN THE TITLE OF THE MOVEMENT IS A VERY MINOR SPOILER, SO I'M SPOILER-TAGGING THE LINK. https://www.facebook.com/operationbluebirdze3

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
IIRC Uchikoshi is currently working on some completely different thing but seems to have expressed an interest in making ZE3 happen, somehow.

Anyway, closing the poll now. It's narrow but it seems everyone was in favour of biting the bullet and finally betraying Luna - the only dispute was when to do it, with 69 people opting for round 2 and 60 for round 1.

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?
Basically he said on Twitter the company wasn't too keen on another Zero Escape game because of sales and such, but if his future projects were successful it would be possible the company would allow him to continue the series.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I'd be interested on how Uchikoshi would do with a big AAA title. Maybe he could work on a MGS spinoff of some kind? I like his smaller scale stuff but whatever makes the most money and gets us ZE3.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Fully set up now thanks to you jerks fellas. Time dive in and see what's what for myself!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

It looks like we're finally ready to bite the bullet and betray Luna; the top two results were betraying her in the first AB Game (60 votes) and betraying her in the second (69 votes). So... let's get this over with.

Well, I guess there isn't any question.
After all, I promised Luna that I'd pick "ally".
But...
What if she was lying to me?

I mean... Sigma's going to be my opponent.

Ten seconds remain until Ambidex Game polling closes.
Nine... Eight... Seven...
Six... Five... Four...
Three...
Two...
One...

No one is that honest.

Please direct your attention to the results screen.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
PS: I just noticed that this thread has been running for over a year as of last week. :toot:

I managed 103 updates in 365 days, which is OK, I guess.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Hopefully we can explain to Luna that we'll collapse this branch out reality when we open the quantum catshit box or however this ends.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Yup, exactly as expected, no shenanigans here. You monsters.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Congratulations, you kicked the puppy. Hope you're happy.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Even taking the quantum leaping stuff into consideration, we're still bad people for doing that.

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 1, 2014

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Congratulations, you kicked the puppy. Hope you're happy.

Hey man if you wanna properly use quantum alternate universe hopping shenanigans to escape from some underground/overground/lunar prison then you gotta kick a few puppies along the way. :colbert:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
All of you goons who voted for this you are terrible people.

Tenny was still available to be betrayed.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I would find it hilarious if there is no information obtainable that is needed to bypass plot locks in any of the paths you betray Luna on.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I sincerely hope that Luna reveals her vindictive/dangerous side in every scenario where Sigma betrays her.

Basically I want a repeat of the Axe Ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Green Intern posted:

I sincerely hope that Luna reveals her vindictive/dangerous side in every scenario where Sigma betrays her.

Basically I want a repeat of the Axe Ending.

I should have told you before, Sigma... Luna is short for 'Lunatic'...

BAD END

• Locked thread