Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Violet_Sky posted:

Fedule's being lazy again, I see. :v:

I know :saddowns:

Working on it tomorrow though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

Cake Attack posted:

my city has a business that does real life "escape the room" things and I went last night and it was really fun but we didn't escape in time

And then everyone turned into a cat.

The End.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

my city has a business that does real life "escape the room" things and I went last night and it was really fun but we didn't escape in time

PROTIP: when in doubt go through a wall. they get really mad at you but gently caress it you escaped didn't you?

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

Mine too. We went as a team-building exercise for work. Out of four teams of five, my team was the only one to make it out. I credit/blame 999 and VLR for our success. The final key was even hidden inside an electronic safe.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I've got a business that does that like four blocks from where I live but I haven't gone yet because you need a group of at least 6 people and all my friends are spread out all over the place :smith:

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014

U-DO Burger posted:

I've got a business that does that like four blocks from where I live but I haven't gone yet because you need a group of at least 6 people and all my friends are spread out all over the place :smith:

Knock-out gas is the only friend you need.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

xeose4 posted:

Knock-out gas is the only friend you need.

"Hey Joe, does this cloth smell like Soporil to you?"

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

999 OST: [Imaginary]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

Yup!

Are we the last ones?

Yes.

Tenmyouji's expression was furious, and from the way he was stomping toward me I felt like I only had a few seconds before I was on the ground with his hands around my neck.

I explained what had happened with Quark and the pods as quickly as I could.

Probably.

Probably?!

No, they're definitely safe. He's fine.

Well are they safe or aren't they?!

Look, ah, I'm just worried about him, all right?
Can you take me to this "treatment center," Clover?

Uh...

Don't worry.
We've still got 20 minutes left.
Plenty of time to go have a look and come back.

Okay. Come on, then.

As soon as she finished, she was off.
Tenmyouji followed at her heels, and in the blink of an eye they were gone, out the magenta door.

I beg your pardon?

You opened the AB Gates before Clover and I got back, didn't you?
I want to know why the hell you'd go and do something like that.

As she spoke, Phi gestured toward the line of AB Rooms. Only one was open.

It's not like we opened them all up.

So you're saying only one person, or one pair, jumped the gun here?

Yes.

Well then who was it?

So, it was you...
Figured as much...

It's not really a big deal, okay? I mean, you came right back.

Yes, Dio, yes it is a big deal.

Why?
If you hadn't made it back by the deadline, you'd just have defaulted to "ally."

No, not "just."
Are you telling me you didn't know?
Didn't you find one of these notes?

We found this in the treatment center.

There was no such thing in the pressure exchange chamber.

I didn't see one in the pantry either.

Huh.
Well, whatever. You should really probably read it, though.

"Hare are some more AB game rules for you!"
"Not voting is not a hoption."
"If both parties refuse to vote..."
"...Then everybunny gets penalized!"
"In other words..."
"...One person out of every color group of three has to vote."

If we hadn't gotten back in time, Clover, Quark and I could have died.
And you just...

All right, all right, I get it.
Sorry.
Cut me some slack though, man. I didn't know.

So you wouldn't have opened the gate if you did?

[Music fades out]

999 OST: [Riddle and Puzzle]

Yeah...?

If they treat people there, I'd think they'd have shelves of medicine and stuff.
Did you find any Axelavir?

No...
It's...not really that kind of place. It just had those pods, and that was it.
Besides, if we'd found anything to cure Radical-6, we wouldn't have put Quark in the pod.

I see.
Can the pod cure Radical-6?

No, unfortunately...

How do you know that?

Oh... Well, it said so on the screen next to the pods.
Something about how it can provide relief from the symptoms, but it can't actually cure the disease.
That's better than nothing though.

Hmm...

As quick as I could, I explained what the records had said about the pods' occupants and their cold sleep.

Are you suggesting that three of us were, until recently, cryogenically frozen?

If you can trust what we read, yeah.

I don't know, that's what I'm saying.
It didn't say who they were, or even when they were frozen.

So this cold sleep...
That means they basically froze the body solid, right?
Not like how a bear or something hibernates, where it just slows way down...

Yeah, I think so.

Uh...what?

Wouldn't it stop when you were put into cold sleep?

Oh!
So if we go into cold sleep, our bracelets would come off!

Then we can just defrost ourselves right away!

You said there were three pods, right?

We'd only need to do it three times for the nine of us!

Uh-huh.

The armor...

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll figure something out.
We should go have a look, at any rate. We'll be able to come up with a plan once we know more.

Of course...

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

Uh...what?

Wouldn't it stop when you were put into cold sleep?

Oh!
So if we go into cold sleep, our bracelets would come off!

Then we can just defrost ourselves right away!

I think we've just found a way to break through that plot lock where Sigma goes down to 0 BP.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Aumanor posted:

I think we've just found a way to break through that plot lock where Sigma goes down to 0 BP.

Even if he could explain the situation I doubt he could get to the treatment center in the minute or two he has left to live in that timeline.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

tiistai posted:

Even if he could explain the situation I doubt he could get to the treatment center in the minute or two he has left to live in that timeline.
Remember that the pods can restore, too. Even if he doesn't get in before the lethal poison is injected, as long as he gets in before it kills him, he should be okay, right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, the treatment center is far away. And someone would need to carry his heavy body there. After he explained it to them while the Soporil made his reaction time considerably lessened.

Alex0080
May 3, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, the treatment center is far away. And someone would need to carry his heavy body there. After he explained it to them while the Soporil made his reaction time considerably lessened.

Phi can leap tall buildings in a single bound and knock out Sigma with a single hit, if you recall. I think she could handle it. If not, you also have K.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Aumanor posted:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not only that, it was never mentioned that it was open. That hasn't stopped Sigma from bringing up things he wouldn't have ordinarily known in a timeline but the idea doesn't do him much good if the door is locked.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think we'd need to get poisoned in a timeline where somebody went through the treatment center. Has that been a thing?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Oh, I don't know, everyone else removes their bracelet then K hits betray 3 times and everyone is fine and can escape.
You'd probably need to keep Dio frozen just in case, but that really can't go wrong.
And keep Alice and Clover frozen too, because like Dio they'd skedaddle ASAP.
Ten too, because he'd take Quark out.

Never mind, none of these idiots can be trusted.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Anything stopping the bracelet-less bunch from all piling into the same locked AB room as K? Though maybe his bracelet isn't as easy to remove as the others - he said the bracelet was kind of built in, maybe the "armor" is actually an airtight suit and K is already infected or something

E: and don't forget that the cockney robot said that there's a GOLEM amongst the players, maybe if everyone starts to try to break the spirit of the rules by removing the bracelets all hell will break loose

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 22, 2015

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So out of 9 people, three were in cryo sleep and one is a robot. Dio is a cultist, Ten and Quark know eachother, Clover and Alice know eachother. That leaves the old deady lady, Luna, Phi, Sigma and K as outliers who are complete strangers to the entire group, right? We've established K can't have been in the cryo-tubes due to his suit. And since Dio infiltrated the group we can also assume that he is a) not a robot, and b) not a cryostasis person

So our tube group is either: three strangers, or one pair and one stranger. This group cannot include Dio or K. As for the robot, we can assume anyone we've seen physically die PROBABLY isn't a robot. This would eliminate everyone but Quark, Phi and Sigma. However, Quark also caught a disease, which is something that happens to people, not robots. So our robot is either Phi or Sigma?

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 22, 2015

D3m3
Feb 28, 2013

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?
I think what K means is not "I can't go into cold sleep" but "Going into cold sleep won't take my bracelet off, because it's embedded in the suit, and so doesn't attach/detach in the same ways."

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Or maybe the suit went on after being revived from crio. Maybe K was the first to be revived and something went wrong which necessitated the suit as life support (could explain the memory), maybe the plan was to put everyone in a similar suit for the game but some time limit ran out (lunar eclipse being integral in a way we haven't seen yet?), maybe the game is screwing with expectations and the suit just flat out is the robot, etc

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Sentient Data posted:

maybe the game is screwing with expectations and the suit just flat out is the robot, etc

Are you suggesting the suit is the robot, and there's a human inside the suit who can't speak or act because the robot is controlling itself? Because that's terrifying, man.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

D3m3 posted:

I think what K means is not "I can't go into cold sleep" but "Going into cold sleep won't take my bracelet off, because it's embedded in the suit, and so doesn't attach/detach in the same ways."

My point was that if K trusted the other guys it wouldn't matter, because he could accumulate 9 points easily in a way that would let everyone escape risk-free. Then I realized he can't trust the others; do you really think Dio wouldn't backstab him for the lulz anyway?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Are you suggesting the suit is the robot, and there's a human inside the suit who can't speak or act because the robot is controlling itself? Because that's terrifying, man.

Not what I meant at first, but drat :ohdear:

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Rei_ posted:

So out of 9 people, three were in cryo sleep and one is a robot. Dio is a cultist, Ten and Quark know eachother, Clover and Alice know eachother. That leaves the old deady lady, Luna, Phi, Sigma and K as outliers who are complete strangers to the entire group, right? We've established K can't have been in the cryo-tubes due to his suit. And since Dio infiltrated the group we can also assume that he is a) not a robot, and b) not a cryostasis person

So our tube group is either: three strangers, or one pair and one stranger. This group cannot include Dio or K. As for the robot, we can assume anyone we've seen physically die PROBABLY isn't a robot. This would eliminate everyone but Quark, Phi and Sigma. However, Quark also caught a disease, which is something that happens to people, not robots. So our robot is either Phi or Sigma?

Maybe what Quark has is a computer virus that mimics the effects of the disease, it'd be a way to scare everyone else without putting them at risk of catching it themselves. That said I'm pretty sure Quark is another Dio clone or a clone of the original's brother.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Alopex posted:

Maybe what Quark has is a computer virus that mimics the effects of the disease, it'd be a way to scare everyone else without putting them at risk of catching it themselves. That said I'm pretty sure Quark is another Dio clone or a clone of the original's brother.
Maybe Clover is a robot made by the original Clover with assistance from Lotus and - since the new Clover is as dumb as a brick - she just shut down when the tubocurarine was injected.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Cloverbot 9000.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

AweStriker posted:

Not only that, it was never mentioned that it was open. That hasn't stopped Sigma from bringing up things he wouldn't have ordinarily known in a timeline but the idea doesn't do him much good if the door is locked.

To add to this, if it had been open Tenmyouji would've been part of the group to go there in that timeline, and Quark would've certainly been brought there afterward. Instead they brought him back to the infirmary, so it's definitely locked in that route. We cannot save ourselves via cold freeze.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

VLR OST: [Sinisterness]

What do you mean the cold sleep function doesn't work?!

I-I'm sorry...

You don't have anything to apologize for, Luna.
Zero Sr. must have just locked it down.

But when Clover and I were here it worked...

Yeah, I remember checking it.

Then that bastard set this up.
That's low...

We have seen how thorough Zero is. Would he really have left such an obvious loophole?

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.
If Zero Jr. heard me, he could have shut it off...

Whatever the case, it is an unfortunate outcome...

Unfortunate? Really? You sure?
Aren't you just a little bit relieved?
After all, we were going to get our bracelets off while you were stuck with yours.

How could you say that? I would never be so petty as—

Before K could finish, the announcer's voice echoed through the facility.

All players please enter your votes.
If no vote is recorded before the deadline has passed, any non-voting parties will automatically ally.

Are you nuts, old man?!

Luna and Phi could kill you!

Yeah, I know I've only got 1 BP.

Exactly.
If you don't vote, you'll default to "ally."
All they have to do is pick "betray"...

We won't. You staying here won't change our vote.

Right. We always intended to choose "ally." Tenmyouji staying here is just another reason for us to stick to that plan.

Luna has the same number of BP as you, Tenmyouji.
Normally the safe plan would be to choose "betray."
Since you will be unable to betray them, then Phi and Luna can choose to ally without worrying about their own points.

Yes.

Well, there you go.
I trust Phi and Luna. I'm sure they'll choose "ally."

Okay then Tenmyouji, you take care of Quark.

You think I need you to tell me that? I won't take my eyes off of him for a minute.

[Music fades out]

Come on! We don't have much time left!
We need to go!

Four minutes remain until Ambidex Game polling closes.

O-Okay...

VLR OST: [Ambidexterity]

Yeah. You told me we should betray Quark since we might not get another chance like this.
Right?

Yeah...

Huh?

I changed my mind a little bit after talking to Tenmyouji.
I think we should choose "ally."

Hey, that's more than just a little bit.
That's like someone trading in a Shih Tzu for a German Shepherd!

What the hell happened with you two?
Did he say something to you?

What?! Why!?

I just can't. You'd laugh if I did anyway.

I won't laugh.

Really?

Promise.

Hey, come on...

I promised.
I told Tenmyouji I wouldn't tell anybody.

I won't ask about it again.
But Tenmyouji doesn't really have anything to do with this, right? Our opponent is Quark.

No, he does matter.
Quark is really important to Tenmyouji.
If we betray Quark, we're betraying Tenmyouji...

Come on, don't you remember?
When we were going into the red, blue, and green doors, Tenmyouji said something.

Clover.
I just know that you'll keep him safe.

You seemed pretty ready to betray him back on floor B.

That's because I didn't know who he was...

Oh ho... So you're saying you know who Tenmyouji really is?

Well, if what he told me was true...yeah.

Please. Choose "ally."

You aren't going to try and vote yourself?

If I try, you'll just throw me off, right?
I don't think I'm strong enough to fight you. So...

All right.

With that, I turned to face the voting machine.

The question was...what would I do? "Ally"? Or "betray"?

Just as Clover had said, betraying Quark was like betraying Tenmyouji. That wasn't even taking into consideration that Quark was just a kid... ...And he was infected with a deadly disease that would almost certainly kill him if we didn't do something. How could I betray someone like that? Only a monster would take advantage of a helpless child for their own gain.

On the other hand, what Clover had said in the warehouse on floor B was true... It was unlikely that I'd get a chance like this again. If I chose "betray," then I'd have 9 BP.

I would be able to escape this Godforsaken hellhole.

Ten seconds remain until Ambidex Game polling closes.

So what would my choice be? What would I do? "Ally"? Or "betray"? I chose—

Three... Two... One...

So on the one hand we've got basic compassion. On the other hand, we could backstab Clover, Tenmyouji and Quark all at once, and win the game to boot. What to do. What. To. Do.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
We've seen Tenmyouji knock Sigma flat on his back and Dio out cold with one punch.

You don't mess with Tenmyouji, pick Ally.

What's slightly more interesting is that there wasn't any pre-vote sparring with Alice/K/Dio. I mean, two of them have 6 points and the other has 1.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 26, 2015

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
gently caress that walking enigma of an old man, gently caress that demon child, and gently caress Clover for being the worst spy ever.

Besides if we vote Ally, Quark's gonna somehow betray and escape.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

A. Ally! Hug train time!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Fedule posted:

So on the one hand we've got basic compassion. On the other hand, we could backstab Clover, Tenmyouji and Quark all at once, and win LOSE the game to boot. What to do. What. To. Do.

Fixed it. Because there's pretty much no way we'll get away with winning, ESPECIALLY with even Clover saying what a dick move it'd be.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Betrayal is pointless. We'll just get restrained by K or something, like always.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

As tempting as it is to piss off three people at once I'm more interested in seeing if they follow up on what Clover knows about Tenmyouji so it'd be wise to stay on her good side.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Someone use magical foreknowledge to vote on my behalf for whatever option is the quickest route to having Clover explain how she knows Tenmyouji because holy poo poo. Thanks!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Voting betray, for no reason other than I want to see what happens.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Just waiting for Tenmyouji to betray somehow :allears:

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

May as well get the obvious bad ending out of the way and Betray.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Voted Ally, but I also want to see what happens if we betray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klaphark
Mar 10, 2013
Voted betray, all this 'You really need to vote ally but I'm not telling you why!' is some bullshit and I will have none of it.

• Locked thread