Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Voting Ally because Ten is a cool dude and punched Dio that one time, so I don't want to betray him. Also, voting betray inevitably means we'll win but be stopped from escaping or something because everyone hates us, but voting ally makes it more likely for a sudden twist to occur and Quark to somehow betray us while unconscious and near dead. So that'll be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Betraying here seems like the most obvious bad end so far.

So of course I voted that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Betray. Let's just see what happens.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
No you people have it all wrong.

Ally gets you the bad end and Betray is a plot lock that advances the overall plot further.

It's the opposite of what you'd expect.

So I voted Ally.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Voting Betray, because there might be important information that gets tossed out before Sigma's dying eyes (I'm assuming he is beaten to death by Tenmyouji)

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Voting ally because I think we're going to find out more about what's going on if we do.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm voting Ally because SOMEONE IS HITTING 9 BP REGARDLESS OF OUR CHOICE. In short, if we betray Quark, Gameover.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009

xeose4 posted:

No you people have it all wrong.

Ally gets you the bad end and Betray is a plot lock that advances the overall plot further.

It's the opposite of what you'd expect.

So I voted Ally.

I'm with this guy. Ally.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Shei-kun posted:

I trust Clover to not betray Quark.
Let's betray Quark!
WHAT THE HELL, CLOVER?
Teehee~
You know why we have to do this.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, this is going to be interesting. I wonder what's going to happen with the other three.

...or maybe Phi will get out anyway?

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Which timeline is the "Dio is inexplicably kind of timid around Quark" timeline?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The one where he allies with Luna. I can't remember the door off of the top of my head, but I want to say the cyan door?

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Yeah its the Cyan branch

On page 97

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It seems like every time we're a super dick, we immediately get a bad ending.

I voted Betray so that we could hit that bad ending immediately, and then do Ally right after. Maybe it'll undo a plot lock.

Or maybe it'll actually work, and we'll get to feel terrible forever. Win-win!

Kallev
Nov 16, 2014
If we betray then we can use our 9 BP as intimidation leverage to make people spill beans. Just strut around saying "I'm not leaving as long as you talk".

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Betray because Clover may not realize what's really going on here, but we sure do. If we vote ally then somehow Quark will manage to vote betray.

This means we could miraculously woke him up just by voting ally and we sure don't want to do that, plague-carrying little poo poo can stay in the pod.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Voting's closed in favour of Ally. It actually got progressively more even as time went on but it ended up about 60-40.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Fedule's been modded! Here's hoping that you don't pull a Dio. :tinfoil:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
I swear to god if we all end up with numbered bracelets on our wrists...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Goonery Game? :v:

Also, I think Uchikoshi confirmed that one of his projects was greenlighted for 2015. Holding out hope that it's ZE3.

Variant_Eris
Nov 2, 2014

Exhibition C: Colgate white smile

beru04 posted:

I swear to god if we all end up with numbered bracelets on our wrists...

Swearing to god has nothing to do with attaching bracelets to the 191,554 goons in this forum.

Swearing to the holy order of Cthulhu, on the other hand...

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, I think Uchikoshi confirmed that one of his projects was greenlighted for 2015. Holding out hope that it's ZE3.
apparently he's written an anime series that's airing this season, that's probably it
sorry to disappoint

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

vaguely posted:

apparently he's written an anime series that's airing this season, that's probably it
sorry to disappoint
Maybe it's going to be a spiritual sequel? Or even just do the dot hack thing where the full plot isn't kept to one medium.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

sorry to disappoint

Waffleman_ posted:

The anime has absolutely nothing to do with ZE and was already announced a while ago.

:negative:

Waffleman_ posted:

so it depends on when Uchikoshi said this.

I think in February he was quoted as saying "It’s looking like 2015 will be the year where everything I’ve built up over the years will come together and be let out into the world in one fell swoop."

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 5, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Maybe it's going to be a spiritual sequel? Or even just do the dot hack thing where the full plot isn't kept to one medium.

The anime has absolutely nothing to do with ZE and was already announced a while ago, so it depends on when Uchikoshi said this.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Punchline was announced back in 2014, although Uchikoshi tweeted about it recently... got a quote regarding greenlit projects?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He posted a mysterious number cipher a few days ago.

The thing about it is that one cipher was 9 letters back in the alphabet and the other was 9 letters ahead.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tumblr posted:

Okay so you’ve probably seen Kotaro Uchikoshi’s cryptic number tweets.

11 25 22 03 06 05 24 22 10 11 05 26 24 25 11 14 26 03 03 25 18 13 22 18 05 22 05 21

and

06 14 10 01 14 10 21 21 22 14 23 24 15 24 04 01 06 24 01 13.

A letter-number cipher reveals this:

K Y V C F E X V J K E Z X Y K N Z C C Y R M V R E V E U

and

F N J A N J U U V N W X O X D A F X A M

When you apply a backward Caeserian shift of 9, you get:

T H E L O N G E S T N I G H T W I L L H A V E A N E N D

and when you apply a forwards Caeserian shift of 9 to the second, you get:

W E A R E A L L M E N O F O U R W O R D

I want to believe it will happen. :ohdear:

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Likewise on wanting to believe, but... I can't find those numbers on Uchikoshi's twitter, neither the English nor Japanese one. It's mostly been talk about Punchline lately...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Apparently he deleted the tweets after posting them, since the pages linking to them go nowhere.

Someone got pictures of them, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Likewise on wanting to believe, but... I can't find those numbers on Uchikoshi's twitter, neither the English nor Japanese one. It's mostly been talk about Punchline lately...

He did delete them, but I can confirm that they existed. I saw them get tweeted.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Don't get your hopes up, this can only end with crushing disappointment.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

Don't get your hopes up, this can only end with crushing disappointment.
Ceasarian shift of nine. Nine is three times three.

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMED.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's going to be a new zero escape property, he's been hinting at it in a bunch of different ways for a while now

if not, you can quote this post and forever own me with it

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Ceasarian shift of nine. Nine is three times three.

HALF LIFE THREE CONFIRMED.

Nah, Half-Life 3 is never going to happen. Why should Valve bother making another iteration in one of their most famous and beloved franchises when they can just take a cut of the profits from selling other companies' games and occasionally churning out microtransaction content for TF2 and DotA2?

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

Nah, Half-Life 3 is never going to happen. Why should Valve bother making another iteration in one of their most famous and beloved franchises when they can just take a cut of the profits from selling other companies' games and occasionally churning out microtransaction content for TF2 and DotA2?

That's :thejoke:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

And yet nobody's laughing.

Except Gabe.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

61% of 266 respondents opted not to be an enormous shithead to three people simultaneously.

Results will be displayed in the warehouse.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Ambidex Gates now opening.

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

You didn't see me push the button?

No...

Huh.
Well, you'll know in a moment.

I gave her a light pat on the shoulder and headed toward the wall where the results would be displayed.

Please direct your attention to the results screen.

Go team morality. :toot:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Are we in for Alice rage?

We might be in for Alice rage. Directed at Dio, could it be sweeter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Oh look, Dio tried to murder Alice.

How surprising. :geno:

• Locked thread