Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Dreggon posted:

are the codes Caesar ciphers or just random strings of letters

e: ok i put BQZ RGJ DXR into one and it said CRA SHK EYS i dont know what crash keys means

e2: number 3 LXQ LHC NMR makes MYR MID ONS

e3: why the gently caress is there a number zero bomb? apparently its LXA QNS GDQ which is MYB ROT HER

...holy poo poo this is so much easier to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

if zero knows the code to a bomb he's either Brother or a time traveler or both

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Or spied on Brother's/Dio's/FtS's plans through conventional means, which could explain the game running smoothly even though Dio would normally be a huge X factor

vvv:
So in the bombless timeline the laxative hasn't kicked in yet?

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 10, 2015

Aug 24, 2011

i assume dio smuggled the bombs inside his anus

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
If anyone's been listening to the Japanese audio track, you might have noticed something about bomb code 3 - it doesn't match the English language version at all. In the original Japanese, the code was BKZ XCN KKR, I believe. It's already been pointed out in the thread that the organization known as the Myrmidons were called the Clay Dolls in Japanese, referring to the Hebrew legend of the golem. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Why the change, was it initially a pun or something?

Aug 24, 2011

so k is brother?

i dont remember what the robot room guy is about so it could be him too

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
It's pretty common in Japanese media to use English words to sound a bit exotic. Obviously, when they're translated into English, they'd just sound dull, so they're generally punched up a bit in the translation, such as with replacements from other languages. There was discussion earlier about the actual mythologies behind both golems and Myrmidons, and they both get the same idea across, but one sounds a bit dull in English compared to the other.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Dreggon posted:

i assume dio smuggled the bombs inside his anus

thought this was the jojo thread for a second and this didn't even seem all that out of place

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Sentient Data posted:

Why the change, was it initially a pun or something?

Yup. "Clay Doll" = "Cradle (Pharmaceuticals)"

It would have been lost on native English speakers both because of our contrastive use of L's and R's and because we wouldn't use the word "doll" in that way, so the translator thought of a reasonably sinister new name.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Zyla posted:

no, we just have hundreds of doomed alternate universe us'es :(

THINK OF THE OTHER SIGMAS

What, you mean that bunch of termites? They're all making something grand, but they don't have the vision to see it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The answer is obvious:

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Happy New Year, thread!

I haven't followed this since around its start in... mid-2013 :stare:

Played through the game for the first time over Christmas, and I've gone through the whole thread this weekend to see everyone else's reactions. Holy crap was I wrong in basically all my posts.

Glad that things are still going strong!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Phelddagrif posted:

Happy New Year, thread!

I haven't followed this since around its start in... mid-2013 :stare:

Played through the game for the first time over Christmas, and I've gone through the whole thread this weekend to see everyone else's reactions. Holy crap was I wrong in basically all my posts.

Glad that things are still going strong!

Here's to another three updates in 2016! :cheers:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

As many people in this thread know, before Uchikoshi worked worked on the ZE series, he worked on another series with Takumi Nakazawa, called the infinity series. Well, currently, Nakazawa's most recent work, Root Double, is having a Kickstarter for an English translation. From what I heard, it is much better paced than the Infinity series, and some say his best work. Take a look at it. Here is the description:

RootDobule posted:

LABO - a giant research facility with a nuclear reactor--

September 16, 2030 - 6:19:30 AM - the "incident" occurs--

The security system malfunctions, locking down every section of the basement, trapping 3 rescuers and 6 people waiting to be rescued inside.

The incident occurred because the nuclear reactor caused a meltdown, filling LABO with the ashes of its dead.

There are still 9 hours before the system recovers.

The rescuers have only enough drugs to prevent radiation exposure for 6 people, but what about the other 3...?

And strange, unexplainable phenomena keeps happening...

There are 6 mysteries surrounding this incident:

1. During the incident, the captain of the rescue team lost his memory. What happened?
2. Why were these normal high school students locked up in a place like this?
3. A murdered body was found in the research facility they've been locked down in. Why?
4. Why did this incident happen? Why can't they get out?
5. Why is the one that cannot exist -- "that guy" --- here?

The mystery gets deeper and deeper.

Gradually, the constant conflicts get more and more on these people's nerves...
Which one of them can make it out of this hell alive?
The key to surviving is hidden 6 days ago. In the sealed memories of the young man--

9 persons, 9 hours, 6 days ago.

Anyways, as of posting this, it is 19% funded after 22 hours. I really hope this gets funded.

Edit: Didn't realize I forgot to mention this until now, but Uchikoshi worked on Root Double as well.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 12, 2016

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
After we see what happens as far as ally/betray this round, if both lead to a game over/end, let not forget that one other betrayal we could've done earlier in this path, agreeing to Clover's seduction. Best to get that out of the way too.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Obviously the best thing to come back with after Christmas is a tiny update. Don't worry, there's a better one tomorrow.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

78% of 299 respondents reckon Tenmyouji's on the level.

Round Three of the Ambidex Game has been completed.
Results wil be displayed in the warehouse.
Thank you for your participation.
Ambidex Gates now opening.

Please direct your attention to the results screen.

Whoops.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Ten you goddamn piece of poo poo. Well, at least we didn't die.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Obligatory :allears: post.

It's always fun to see how people think they can predict Ambidex Game results. You can never predict Ambidex Game results.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Obligatory :allears: post.

It's always fun to see how people think they can predict Ambidex Game results. You can never predict Ambidex Game results.

Well, Dio's gonna Betray, and so is anybody with 1 point unless they're Sigma, right? But aside from that yeah.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ten. You loving rear end in a top hat. I hope you choke on those points.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Can't say I'm shocked that Tenmyouji betrayed. It wasn't the outcome I expected, but certainly not one I ruled out. What's more surprising is that Luna and Clover chose to betray. I wonder what's up with that.

Also, some cynical part of my brain is 90% sure that if we picked betray here Ten would ally, and if that turns out to be true I'll be very, very disappointed with the game.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Aumanor posted:

Can't say I'm shocked that Tenmyouji betrayed. It wasn't the outcome I expected, but certainly not one I ruled out. What's more surprising is that Luna and Clover chose to betray. I wonder what's up with that.

If they hadn't and K had betrayed then Luna would be at -1.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

zonohedron posted:

If they hadn't and K had betrayed then Luna would be at -1.

Yeah but K has been very insistent he would not betray if it would result in death of his opponent. Plus the fact that there is no benefit for him to betray here. If he allies and wins he has 10 points, same with Clover. Also same with Ten and Quark if they had allied they still would have had enough to leave.

With the exception of the vs Dio teams, none of the betrayer teams had anything to gain from betraying.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kemix posted:

Ten. You loving rear end in a top hat. I hope you choke on those points.

Agreed. This, aside from Alice betraying you to death, is one of the few times I legitimately got angry at this game. :argh:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I don't even begrudge them here, there is literally no advantage for them to pick Ally in this situation. Sigma still controls their fate in this particular session anyway.

RelentlessImp
Mar 15, 2011
This was Quark's master plan all along: Kill Sigma.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

MonsterEnvy posted:

With the exception of the vs Dio teams, none of the betrayer teams had anything to gain from betraying.
Well you have to remember that there's no telling what the other side is going to do. Pressing Betray is basically a self-defense mechanism. At worst you get no points, at best you gain 3 points. When you press Ally, you open yourself up to a potential hit. If you're like Luna, who only has 1 point left, that's an incredibly dangerous threat to open yourself up to. When you're straddling the death line at 1 point, it makes the most sense to Betray unless you're 100% positive the other person won't screw you over.

Tenmyouji and Quark, on the other hand, don't really have that same scenario. They would still be alive whether they pressed Ally or Betray, so the matter is Tenmyouji still doesn't trust Sigma. Which just makes him a dick really.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah but K has been very insistent he would not betray if it would result in death of his opponent. Plus the fact that there is no benefit for him to betray here. If he allies and wins he has 10 points, same with Clover. Also same with Ten and Quark if they had allied they still would have had enough to leave.

Well, Clover/Luna don't know for sure that K would Ally, they haven't seen his actions as much as we have on this timeline. Alternatively, Clover doesn't trust K and wouldn't want to leave with him. From their point of view, K could have been lying and would have done whatever it took to win.

Tenmyouji/Quark is the outlier, unless they wanted to be absolutely sure they leave as soon as possible. Tenmyouji might know Clover and Alice, but we've seen that he prioritizes Quark getting out over anything.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah, Tenmyouji's entire thing is that he's trying to protect Quark. With this outcome, it means that Quark and Tenmyouji will get out at the same time which is pretty much his ideal scenario.

It's a dick move, but it's an understandable one.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Alacron posted:

Yeah, Tenmyouji's entire thing is that he's trying to protect Quark. With this outcome, it means that Quark and Tenmyouji will get out at the same time which is pretty much his ideal scenario.

It's a dick move, but it's an understandable one.

This is only half of the dick move, though, considering there's no way Tenmyouji doesn't peace the gently caress out immediately after this.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
But he promised he wouldn't and it's not like there's anybody else with 9 BP... oh.

Aug 24, 2011

how close is this game to being done?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Dreggon posted:

The clock on my last clear file was about 40 hours so that's our guidance figure. The LP save is 32 hours.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Which is to say, perhaps six months.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Heavy neutrino posted:

Which is to say, perhaps six months.

Six months seems a little generous, don't you think? Gonna say closer to eight or nine myself.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dreggon posted:

Thus far we've gotten 4 of the 9 character endings (Dio, Clover, Alice, this one).

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Whew, its been awhile. Can anyone recap this route so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Zakrelo posted:

Whew, its been awhile. Can anyone recap this route so far?
Sure.

We go into the Yellow Room with Phi and Tenmyouji in the beginning, which is the Infirmary.
After solving that room we come out and choose to Ally with Tenmyouji. Tenmyouji betrays us.
We talk with a bunch of people (Alice + Clover, Dio + K, Tenmyouji alone.)
Quark passes out and we find out he has Radical-6.
We then go through the next set of doors. We choose the Blue door, the PEC room, with Clover as our partner and Tenmyouji as the solo.
In the room we find a chip that could hold some important information if we insert it into a proper place.

After we solve that room, K tells us he found a vial of medicine that can cure Quark's Radical-6 and Luna has already injected him with it.
That aside, we also listen to a transmission of a Mars Mission Test Site where something went horribly wrong.
Tenmyouji seems to know something about it, but before we can get answers it's AB Game time.
We go through the game and Ally with Tenmyouji, much to Clover's behest. Tenmyouji picks Ally.

After the game we talk to Tenmyouji to get answers about the transmission, but before we can Phi comes in to tell us Alice has been discovered dead.
Clover flips her poo poo and demands answers and at that moment we remember something from a different route, which makes us realize Alice committed suicide due to Radical-6 infection.
We go into the infirmary afterward and Quark has woken up, cured of Radical-6.
Then it's time to go through the doors again, teaming up once more with Tenmyouji and with Quark coming into the mix, and we head to the Director Room.

In the room we discover Tenmyouji has a photograph of his first love as a child - the girl is clearly Akane Kurashiki pre-Nonary Game 1.
Tenmyouji leaves the photo by accident in the Director Room and goes with Quark to get it.
However they take a while and Sigma goes to the room out of concern.
While in the room he gets a message from the mastermind Zero, who talks about termites and then gives him a bomb code.
He goes back into the main warehouse floor, where Tenmyouji and Quark are already waiting. Seems they just missed one another.
We enter the AB Game chamber and Ally with Tenmyouji and Quark. He betrays us.

And now we're here.

• Locked thread