Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

EponymousMrYar posted:

I would have thought he'd put it inside the old woman.
We're talking about Dio, not Tenmyouji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
But how does Dio have a bracelet if the old lady isn't dead? I guess they'll bring that up.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm talking about the bomb, not the cure for Radical 6.

Or am I talking about the cure for Radical 6?

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

While looking things on the wiki up to make sure I don't spoil something while shitposting, I came across this:

quote:

There was a promotional game released prior to Virtue's Last Reward in Japan, involving slapping or groping Clover's breasts as quickly as possible to "open the door".
:wtc:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

yup

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
yep.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
mmmhm

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

You know, given that I’ve been one of the main ones openly speculating about this being two different Nonary games, even if I end up completely wrong, based on my own logic I should’ve put two and two together and guessed the zero bomb would be in the same place as the bloody knife :doh:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'd be disappointed if Phi was just jumping around these timelines and simply has a bad memory. I'd prefer her to have just jumped in from the one where Clover was a sentient giraffe, K was pregnant, and Sigma's outfit had swastikas all over it...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

U-DO Burger posted:

they are drat lucky Dio didn't plant a bomb on the outside of the number 9 door as he was sneaking in

Dio is too dumb to figure out something like that.

PMush Perfect posted:

While looking things on the wiki up to make sure I don't spoil something while shitposting, I came across this:

:wtc:

Oh yeah, I remember that. There's still videos of that mini-game up on YouTube, but I'll neglect to post that because... yeah.

There's also some swimsuit pinups of Clover, Phi, and Luna, if I'm not mistaken?

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 27, 2018

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Kangra posted:

I'd be disappointed if Phi was just jumping around these timelines and simply has a bad memory. I'd prefer her to have just jumped in from the one where Clover was a sentient giraffe, K was pregnant, and Sigma's outfit had swastikas all over it...
It does surprise me that Sigma seems to have eidetic memory when it comes to poo poo from other timelines. Those bomb passwords and the long string of numbers aren't exactly easy to remember, and yet he always has perfect recall. I guess he can jump back and forth as much as he wants, but still...

Okay, the password is E, Q, D... uhh... poo poo, I'll be right back...

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Two different Nonary games....

Oh my god.

In one they're just in a desert, in the other they are ACTUALLY ON THE MOON. Parallell with the first game being a fake ship

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It does surprise me that Sigma seems to have eidetic memory when it comes to poo poo from other timelines.

Seems to?

I'd say he does.

Habnabit
Dec 30, 2007

lift your skinny fists like
antennas in germany.

Cyouni posted:

I'd hope people are capable of pattern recognition by now.

guess i mostly got grumpy about "on my first playthrough," plus "things we didn't see aren't important"

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Poland Spring posted:

Two different Nonary games....

Oh my god.

In one they're just in a desert, in the other they are ACTUALLY ON THE MOON. Parallell with the first game being a fake ship

Not sure why the idea of there being two different series of events is supposed to be a surprise all of a sudden. It's been obviously different timelines in different universes since the first playthrough where the old woman's body was not found in a room. The real mystery is, as has been said, where did Dio get the bracelet from? Is that just a matter of him hiding the old woman's body someplace no one has found in these timelines?

Phi's leap from the AB room at the start is common to all the timelines. However, if either facility was actually on the moon, in 16% of Earth's surface gravity, it would be a pretty glaring case of not doing even a little research. No one would move as expected, nothing would fall as expected. It would be extremely obvious, not just a case of "my body feels a little strange".

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It does surprise me that Sigma seems to have eidetic memory when it comes to poo poo from other timelines. Those bomb passwords and the long string of numbers aren't exactly easy to remember, and yet he always has perfect recall. I guess he can jump back and forth as much as he wants, but still...

Okay, the password is E, Q, D... uhh... poo poo, I'll be right back...

Didn't someone mention earlier that those passwords had an easier to remember pattern?

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
If sigma has artificial arms then I bet phi has artificial legs

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Not sure why the idea of there being two different series of events is supposed to be a surprise all of a sudden. It's been obviously different timelines in different universes since the first playthrough where the old woman's body was not found in a room. The real mystery is, as has been said, where did Dio get the bracelet from? Is that just a matter of him hiding the old woman's body someplace no one has found in these timelines?

Phi's leap from the AB room at the start is common to all the timelines. However, if either facility was actually on the moon, in 16% of Earth's surface gravity, it would be a pretty glaring case of not doing even a little research. No one would move as expected, nothing would fall as expected. It would be extremely obvious, not just a case of "my body feels a little strange".

Well, this is a visual novel, so we don't exactly see people move for ourselves. For all we know they could be jumping across rooms and lifting couches one handed to search for clues.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

:ocelot:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

So... Did you disable the bombs?

Yeah. I could've done it in my sheep.

Don't you mean "in your sleep"?

Yeah.
Good job, you guys.

No need to thank me.
Although, I mean, if you insist, I, uh, wouldn't mind a little...swimsuit time...

...What?

...Huh?

You're disgusting.

[Music fades out]

VLR OST: [Strain]

Everybody know who's in their group?

Yeah, I'm set.

All right. Then let's move!

At Tenmyouji's command we broke off into our teams.
K carried Quark on his back, and dragged Dio along the floor and through the white door on the left.
Clover and Luna carried Alice through the door on the right.
And Tenmyouji, Phi, and myself ran through the center door.

Nine...Eight...Seven...Six...Five...Four...Three...Two...One...Zero.
Chromatic Doors closing...

[Music fades out]

VLR OST: [Sublimity]

Wh-What the hell?
There's nothing here...

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

Well, there're doors.

...Yup, figures.
Won't budge.

Q... What the hell's that supposed to mean?

Hmph. Really? Now someone's just being a smartass.

Huh?

Nothing.
Maybe the Q is for "question."

Hm... Well, I guess it is a very questionable room.

If there was a deck of cards here, maybe the Q would be for "queen"...

That's a quality guess right there...

So...

It's just a matter of time until we get the points we need.

Right.

Well, let's get started, then!

Good.

Okay.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 29, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Seek a door that carries a q

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is such a cool room, conceptually.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I like how Sigma and Phi are confused about the q and Tenmiyouji is just "oh for gently caress's sake, not again".

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I saw nothing.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 29, 2018

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

I saw nothing.

You saw nothing.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The Q stands for Quark, duh.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bruceski posted:

I like how Sigma and Phi are confused about the q and Tenmiyouji is just "oh for gently caress's sake, not again".

At least it's not his third game. :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Q stands for Quake, once they actually turn ON the holodeck the only puzzle is to beat Zero III in an instagib rockets-only match.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Q refers to the character from Star Trek. If we'd come here on a different timeline, it'd be a different character, like Picard or Worf. In Quark's timeline, it's the Wesley room.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

Q stands for Quake, once they actually turn ON the holodeck the only puzzle is to beat Zero III in an instagib rockets-only match.

current map: zero_cubed
next map: Base 27

type '/jumpysend [mapname]' to vote for next map

Lokesin
Apr 20, 2013
So, what, are we playing shenanigans with base number systems again?

That looks like a bracelet scanner next to the door just like the #9 door, sooo....

Scan Phi's bracelet once, Sigma's twice, and Tenmyouji's three times to add up to 26, or q in whatever base-number system it was?

Alternatively I guess you could scan phi's twice and sigma's twice, but maybe there will be some significance to the order or number of times a bracelet is scanned.

Or maybe I'm totally off-base and poo poo's about to get wild and crazy. :v:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bruceski posted:

I don't remember enough about 999 to tell why he's doing that, can somebody refresh my memory?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Zereth posted:

I don't remember enough about 999 to tell why he's doing that, can somebody refresh my memory?

The [9] door was actually a [q] door.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Zereth posted:

"Your goal is to find the door marked with a [9]" was actually "...door marked with a [q]" In base <greater than 27> using Hexadecimal standardization q would be 26, so they needed everyone who was still around to open the door.

Also my favorite translation story, because 9 is kyuu in Japanese so it works fine for them to be told over the speaker, but they had to figure out an excuse to make it work in English (written note instead).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Really lucky that they chose Q instead of basically anything else.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

Really lucky that they chose Q instead of basically anything else.

I doubt there are any other numbers that can be easily stylized into letters that happen to have the same Japanese word for the number as the English word for the letter

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I guess what I mean is "lol good luck translating that into any other languages"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Uchikoshi definitely didn't make things easy on the localization team, but they still managed to pull it off really well

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Obviously the whole 9 and q thing was done through Morophogenetic fields :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Fedule posted:

K carried Quark on his back, and dragged Dio along the floor and through the white door on the left.

This is amazing. :allears:

• Locked thread