Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I'd like to say that this narrows down the killer to just Quark or Phi, but unfortunately the existence of humiform GAULEMs complicates things. One of the 'dead' characters could just be a robot faking it, sort of like whatshisname did in the submarine ending of 999. Of course, we don't know if a GAULEM's fake skin bleeds or not. If not, Luna is the only real candidate for being a fake cadaver, by virtue of having a minimum of damage on her body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I find these lines interesting. Is Sigma implying that he's unknowingly a gaulem himself?

TaxEvader
Apr 28, 2013
They might all be gaulems. Assuming we get to go back to other routes there has to be an explanation of how that happens (in game) and I don't think we've seen any so far. Everyone being a gaulem and having memories reset or partially wiped might be one. I would think their not being aware of that fact would be essential for whatever Zero Sr. is hoping to achieve.

Jynxite
May 1, 2013
Since everyone is talking about Gaulems, I'd like to bring up something I noticed a while ago but never mentioned because, well, it wasn't a good time to.

As we've discerned that similar model letters indicate related Gaulems, I'd like to point out that Golem had a designation of CM, which two other Gaulems shared.

List of Gaulems posted:

GTF-CM-M-D5A
GTM-CM-G-OLM - A freebie.
GTM-CM-M-1K3

I think this means that there are two other Gaulems in this game that we'll be seeing. Perhaps one is behind the rash of killings?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Jynxite posted:

Stuff about Gaulems

As I recall, the "CM" stands for "Cockney Model". For obvious reasons. So all this really means is that there are two more gaulems with amazing accents running around :haw:

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Jynxite posted:

Since everyone is talking about Gaulems, I'd like to bring up something I noticed a while ago but never mentioned because, well, it wasn't a good time to.

As we've discerned that similar model letters indicate related Gaulems, I'd like to point out that Golem had a designation of CM, which two other Gaulems shared.

I think this means that there are two other Gaulems in this game that we'll be seeing. Perhaps one is behind the rash of killings?

I doubt it.

I mean I'm all for more Cockney robots running around but I don't think the others will be very relevant (if they even show up at all).

e:f;b

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Jynxite posted:

That last one is pretty clearly Mike. Probably Zero's real name!!

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
aaaaaagh, Fedule, you evil genius.
Welp, I guess, barring a surprise appearance by the MYSTERY MURDERER, we're about to find out what K looks like under the mask.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Time for some wild theories that may or may not have logic behind them.

Ahem. First, Luna has a doctorate, but isn't a person qualified to examine bodies. Despite this, she knows exactly how big and deep the wound is without looking at the murder weapon. It just so happens that the murder weapon matches the wound dimensions perfectly. Now, that in and of itself isn't strange, but a knife being driven into someone and then taken out would likely stretch the wound somewhat.

This, therefore, leads me to believe that the person who murdered the old woman is Luna, with the supporting evidence of the room changing placed and the whole handkerchief thing. Now, why would Luna want to kill an old woman?

This leads me to my second theory, that Luna is in fact the Gaulem. The old woman bears a striking coincidence to Luna, if only older. In addition, if Luna is the Gaulem, that knife would make sense and it's possible to explain all the other deaths.

TaxEvader
Apr 28, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

Time for some wild theories that may or may not have logic behind them.

Ahem. First, Luna has a doctorate, but isn't a person qualified to examine bodies. Despite this, she knows exactly how big and deep the wound is without looking at the murder weapon. It just so happens that the murder weapon matches the wound dimensions perfectly. Now, that in and of itself isn't strange, but a knife being driven into someone and then taken out would likely stretch the wound somewhat.

The dimensions of the wound came from the medical scanner, Luna just waved it about.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

So I'm thinking Dio attacked K here, but a combination of robot armour and badassery prevented his attack from being instantly fatal. K retaliates with the last of his strength by impaling Dio, then collapses and dies on the floor afterwards. I can't imagine Quark did it, and having an unknown character/Gaulem running around killing people seems a bit cheap, unless we were given clues about them that make sense in hindsight or something. I'd also be completely happy if it turns out that Dio is 100% innocent in all scenarios, he's just a gigantic rear end in a top hat and it becomes a running joke to suspect him of being behind anything bad happening.

Can't wait to see what K looks like and have no idea what happened to Quark at this point, or even if he'll show up again in this end.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I wonder what would happen if they opened up K and discovered the armor was completely empty. :ohdear:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Don't you guys pay attention to only relatively recent pop culture? K is Tommy Lee Jones. He has no memory because he was hit with the neuralizer, and aliens from a locker full of marbles are responsible for everything that's happened here.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So did G-OLM speak in a Kansai accent or something in Japanese?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh my goddddddddd the suspense is killing me. Fedule update faster!

Speedball posted:

Yup.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Speedball posted:

If a character in a Japanese work has been translated into a remarkable accent, they're gonna be kansai.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Clearly G-OLM is the mastermind. He "killed" himself off early to erase suspicion. According to the game, he technically is still alive, he just got disconnected from his robot body. Besides, when was the last time you every saw a Cockney villain?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Since we're talking about GOLM -- I haven't read the whole thread; did someone find out who his voice actor is? He did such an amazing job.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

Heavy neutrino posted:

Since we're talking about GOLM -- I haven't read the whole thread; did someone find out who his voice actor is? He did such an amazing job.

Not yet.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Heavy neutrino posted:

Nope. Apparently it's a deliberately kept secret.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

There was a lot of speculation, but we were unable to find anything concrete.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
So they've more or less come right out and said that Sigma is a gaulem now. I mean, 'everyone is robots' has been a popular theory, but I didn't expect confirmation this early on.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Uh... when did they say that?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

TaxEvader posted:

They might all be gaulems. Assuming we get to go back to other routes there has to be an explanation of how that happens (in game) and I don't think we've seen any so far. Everyone being a gaulem and having memories reset or partially wiped might be one. I would think their not being aware of that fact would be essential for whatever Zero Sr. is hoping to achieve.

I had the same thought this morning after readin this. It could all be an experiment in artificial intelligence -- trying to imbue the gaulems with empathy/reason/more complex intelligence and they'll keep uploading new models until it works out right.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

curiousCat posted:

Uh... when did they say that?

I guess he's just getting that from the "mental processing speed slowing down" line.

Honestly, I think we've all had a cache overflow at one point...

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I thought GOLM said there was just one Gaulem.

Regardless, considering the whole chinese room thing, I think it's a safe bet that there's just one Gaulum masquerading as people.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I know most of us who've played this have said this already, but watching all of you speculate really makes this LP.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Hey, this is that key.

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

What do you mean, "that key"?

We found it in the GAULEM bay.
Didn't have any idea what it was for then, though...
But Alice said it might be important, so she'd hang on to it, just in case...

So Alice should've had this, right?

Yeah.

And now Dio's got it...

Yeah.

Wait... K's key?

What do you mean?

Get over here. A picture's worth a thousand words. Let me show you.

Oh, yeah! So that's it!
It unlocks the suit, right?

Yeah. Let's give it a shot.

Nnnngh!

Why not?

But with this axe in here...

You're saying it shorted the suit out or something?

I think so...

I don't have any doubt it's for removing K's suit.

Do you think Dio knew that when he took it?

Yeah. No way we can get that mask off with our bare hands...

I wonder who he was...

Well, I still haven't checked him over.

Let's have a look. Maybe we'll find something that'll tell us who he is.

Look.

What is it?

That's the one Tenmyouji had!

Yeah.

Then... does that mean K was the one who handcuffed them to the sink?

We don't know yet.

Why not?

K might have taken the spray from Tenmyouji after he died.
It's possible he made it through the white doors before we did, went to the infirmary, and got this.

Hmm...

Turn off the lights.

Are you going to check for a luminol reaction?

Yeah.
If K used the spray before he died, we might still be able to see it.

There's blood everywhere in here, though...

That's okay. If he didn't spray it, there won't be a reaction from any of it. C'mon.

All right, do it.

Thanks.

Hmmm... Just as I thought.

Look. Dio's left wrist...

Exactly.

But why?

Because there are traces of blood on it.

Whose blood?

We've seen five people with serious bleeding.
The old woman, Alice, Tenmyouji, and these two here.
I'm disinclined to think this is Dio or K's blood, though.

Why would someone wipe blood off a bracelet after being hit with an axe or stabbed with a spear, and then spray it with luminol?
It doesn't make sense.

Then that leaves the old woman, Alice and Tenmyouji...

Right.

Please, just do it.

Do you think Tenmyouji had figured out that one of the bracelets would have blood on it?

That would have meant he was looking for either Alice's blood, or the old woman's.

Hm... I wonder which it was?

No idea.

What?

Neither one of you is Zero Sr.

Are you saying that because there wasn't any reaction from the luminol?

Yup.

Are you saying that Dio is Zero Sr.?!

I don't know...

Then who killed Dio?

K, perhaps. After he was attacked, he used the last of his strength...

Another descendent of species B...

...Huh?

Nothing. Forget about it.

...?

All of this would be over...
This awful game would be over...

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Two little players turn the armor's key.
The AB game has begun, but does that mean there's three?

Alice: Dead with a knife to her chest. Doesn't make that much sense for her to have opened it.
Luna: Dead with a LOT of muscle relaxant. Don't think she could crawl her way to the AB gates.
Ten and Clover: Dead and handcuffed to one another in the infirmary. Even if they were alive, they'd be unable to get back.
K and Dio: Dead, and in the same room as Phi and Sigma. Impossible, even if they were alive.
Phi and Sigma: Kind of obvious they're unable to get there.
Quark: Missing. Only real possiblity to open he AB gates. But did he get a Star key from somewhere after his bracelet was removed?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You get the key to K's suit, and you can't even open it. What a tease.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

HangedManArcana posted:

K and Dio: Dead, and in the same room as Phi and Sigma. Impossible, even if they were alive.

I'm pretty convinced that Quark is dead, personally - Phi's argument for his survival basically boiled down to 'he's alive because I really really really don't want him to be dead' - but I'm not so sure about K. Because we can't open the suit, we can't confirm that his corpse is actually inside it.

(EDIT: Come to think of it, there's a surprising amount of blood on K's armour considering that he is armoured and that there's no visible blood spray on the axe.)

Is the bracelet still set into K's armour? It's hard to tell; his left hand isn't very visible in this image:

There's something there, but it could be either the face of the bracelet or the cavity where the bracelet's face once was. Looking back at K's first appearance to check what his bracelet looked like, I stumbled across this:

So it's possible that K is running around outside his armour with his bracelet on. In that case, I'd expect him to be the one to have opened the Ambidex Gate, even if Quark is still alive; K can benefit from the game, whereas Quark, who has no bracelet and would already have nine points even if he did have a bracelet, cannot.

Unless someone's opened the Ambidex Gate in an attempt to murder Phi and Sigma, rather than to benefit themselves; if neither Phi nor Sigma gets into a Gate to vote in time, it's all over for them.

Rith fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 27, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rith posted:

Unless someone's opened the Ambidex Gate in an attempt to murder Phi and Sigma, rather than to benefit themselves; if neither Phi nor Sigma gets into a Gate to vote in time, it's all over for them.

That's not much of a murder plan, considering they have 45 minutes to get there.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Regy Rusty posted:

That's not much of a murder plan, considering they have 45 minutes to get there.

Maybe whoever opened the AB gate figured Sigma and Phi would talk themselves nearly to death, like when they missed seeing Luna's murder due to being chatty cathys.

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

Regy Rusty posted:

True. I think in my head I was envisioning that they'd get down to the Ambidex Rooms and find they'd all been hoisted up to the ceiling or something, but that would be tricky with only one crane.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Rith posted:

True. I think in my head I was envisioning that they'd get down to the Ambidex Rooms and find they'd all been hoisted up to the ceiling or something, but that would be tricky with only one crane.

They're all stacked on one another, and the bottom one is already filled.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

GeneralYeti posted:

They're all stacked on one another, and the bottom one is already filled.

That won't stop them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So the way I see this, K found Tenmyouji and Clover, because he also wanted to go looking for them on the off chance of seeing if they survived. he found them handcuffed to the sink and searched the bodies, found the luminol on Tenmyouji and narrowed it down to Dio. So he called Dio to the Rec room, at which point, assuming that Dio was checked by Tenmyouji in the past, he would have figured why K was calling him. Dio attempts to murder K, K uses the last of his strength to take Dio with him.

As for Quark. I think Phi both hopes he's alive because he's so young. She does have a little bit of leeway with only finding the bracelet and no body, but it looks very grim for him. Even if he got the bracelet off, he was very grim when he ran away.

As for the Ambidex game beginning... I forget Zero's rules, is it set to activate on a timer? or did someone HAVE to trigger the gate?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
someone HAD to use one of the star cards to open one of the gates, no timer involved

only Dio, K, Sigma, and Phi had star cards to our knowledge, and even then Dio and K's cards are implied since they went through a white door and made it back

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Dio's bracelet hasn't fallen off like the rest of the corpse bracelets. Hell, he's even vertical so you'd think it'd drop right off. Maybe he's the one faking it, although how you'd fake getting shanked in the guts and pinned to the wall is a puzzler. At least he wouldn't need any fake blood given the amount of it slopping all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

NextTime000 posted:

someone HAD to use one of the star cards to open one of the gates, no timer involved

only Dio, K, Sigma, and Phi had star cards to our knowledge, and even then Dio and K's cards are implied since they went through a white door and made it back

Someone could have lifted them off of Dio and K

• Locked thread