Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Speedball posted:

That's a flower? I thought it was a tuft of black hair.

tiistai posted:

It's two flowers and a chain thingy.

Pidmon posted:

I saw it as a black flower-themed hairpin, personally.

It's clearly a funyarinpa. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snarxle
Apr 23, 2013
Reading this LP pulled me in so much I went and ordered the game weeks ago.

And then after marathoning it for like 4 days straight I came back here because now I want to see everyone's reactions to the things that happen.

It turns out I can't escape this thread after all.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Snarxle posted:

Reading this LP pulled me in so much I went and ordered the game weeks ago.

And then after marathoning it for like 4 days straight I came back here because now I want to see everyone's reactions to the things that happen.

It turns out I can't escape this thread after all.

Would you say that there is Zero Escape for you

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
That Phi is absolutely adorable, tiistai, please draw more! Also Phi has my favorite design from this game, most notably because it's one of the few outfits that anyone would reasonably wear.

Instant Grat posted:

:frogout:

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Instant Grat posted:

Everybunny can get out, silly.

They just need 9 points.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I'm still working my way very slowly through the game (MGR Revengeance arrived via Gamefly around the same time), but I can say it was the best way I could've spent the free $30 I got from registering SMT4 and Fire Emblem.

I'm trying to get my way through this path before we reach the end so I can start getting to the new stuff, but I get the feeling Fedule is going to finish it off before I get there.

Also I'm slow at video games, which is weird because this is a visual novel how can you be slow at a visual novel.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

theshim posted:

That Phi is absolutely adorable, tiistai, please draw more! Also Phi has my favorite design from this game, most notably because it's one of the few outfits that anyone would reasonably wear.

Tenmyouji, Phi, Sigma, Old Lady, and Luna have reasonable outfits, if I remember correctly. So that's half the cast. Quark is okay too other than the weird hat.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Clarste posted:

Tenmyouji, Phi, Sigma, Old Lady, and Luna have reasonable outfits, if I remember correctly. So that's half the cast. Quark is okay too other than the weird hat.
Quark's hat utterly disqualifies him and I forgot about the old lady, but point taken.

Still, the ridiculous ones are just so far over the top...

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

I wonder if there's Alice cosplayers who stay true to the game, not sure I dare search.

I don't want to search in case of accidental spoilers, but does the European version of the game come with both Japanese and English audio?

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

Battle Pigeon posted:

I wonder if there's Alice cosplayers who stay true to the game, not sure I dare search.

I don't want to search in case of accidental spoilers, but does the European version of the game come with both Japanese and English audio?

No, just Japanese. Something about rights, unfortunately. But I certainly didn't mind the Japanese voices at all.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Battle Pigeon posted:

I just did a quick GIS for "Virtue's Last Reward Alice Cosplay" and "Virtue's Last Reward Cosplay".

Neither one turned up any images of Alice cosplayers. Lots of Clovers, Sigmas, Phis, a few Dios and Lunas and a Quark or two. Even some Zero IIIs. But no Alices.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

PkerUNO posted:

No, just Japanese. Something about rights, unfortunately. But I certainly didn't mind the Japanese voices at all.

Thanks. I don't mind them either but Zero III in English is fun to listen to as well, and the option/extra content is always nice. So if there's an updated release through the estore like there was for NA, it will never have the extra audio? That's a shame.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I just did a quick GIS for "Virtue's Last Reward Alice Cosplay" and "Virtue's Last Reward Cosplay".

Neither one turned up any images of Alice cosplayers. Lots of Clovers, Sigmas, Phis, a few Dios and Lunas and a Quark or two. Even some Zero IIIs. But no Alices.

I think I see a one searching using Bing, but they may be from the previous game - I haven't read that one. They're far less risque than what Alice looks like in this one. (The costume looks totally different, but I think this is supposed to be her)

http://fuuka.warosu.org/data/cgl/img/0063/43/1350991982268.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/5646/benbonobacherieasukakel.jpg

edit: uh, the forum is messing up one url. Apparently an overzealous word filter.

unfair fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 28, 2013

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

unfair posted:

I think I see a one searching using Bing, but they may be from the previous game - I haven't read that one. They're far less risque than what Alice looks like in this one. (The costume looks totally different, but I think this is supposed to be her)

Nah, that's Lotus from 999.

edit: Also, Imageshack URLS don't work here due to reasons.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

That second one's not working for me, but that first one's Lotus.

EDIT: Beaten by a hair.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

unfair posted:

That would be Lotus, who is indeed a character from 9-9-9. Which you should read, by the way. VLR is pretty distinct in a lot of ways, but it's still very much a sequel. You're missing out on a lot.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

unfair posted:

edit: uh, the forum is messing up one url. Apparently an overzealous word filter.

Don't use them. They don't like us. Or vice versa? Something. Just read the SAclopedia links.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 28, 2013

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

unfair posted:

Nope! SA has a history with that website.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Don't use them. They don't like us.

I was just hotlinking, thought "hack" was triggering the problem at first but I guess not. Now I know :)

King of Solomon posted:

That would be Lotus, who is indeed a character from 9-9-9. Which you should read, by the way. VLR is pretty distinct in a lot of ways, but it's still very much a sequel. You're missing out on a lot.

I've been meaning to actually, it's just a lot of content to catch up with - ongoing threads like this are more fun!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Pierzak posted:

I'll be very angry if this doesn't happen. Do the rest of them, tiistai!

Nah. I was going to draw Luna anyway, but for now I'm not planning on doing the rest. Maybe later, dunnodonno.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 28, 2013

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

unfair posted:

I've been meaning to actually, it's just a lot of content to catch up with - ongoing threads like this are more fun!

You really shouldn't be reading this LP if you haven't read 999 or its LP. A lot of things in this game lose impact and meaning if you haven't.

For an early-game example, Clover and Alice.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Wowwww, that Luna is amazing.

I remember legitimately yelling "What?? Are you kidding me???" when the mask wouldn't open :mad:. STUPID GAME IT WAS LIKE 2 AM I WANT TO KNOW THE SECRETS

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

tiistai posted:

Nah. I was going to draw Luna anyway, but for now I'm not planning on doing the rest. Maybe later, dunnodonno.

Number 6 bracelet? On the left hand?

Uh oh.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

kvltmanifesto posted:

Number 6 bracelet? On the left hand?

Uh oh.

It's a 9, otherwise it'd be upside down from Luna's perspective.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
VLR OST: [Strain]

That's impossible!

Quark...

Quark opened a gate?!

Hurry!

I know! I'm coming!

So urgently are we running I forgot to capture the bleeping dot and the doors opening.

Did they run off?

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

Why would they run away?

Hell if I know.
How the hell did Quark open an AB Gate anyway?
Without a star key he shouldn't have been able to get it open...

We know they went through a white door.
Remember? We saw the footage in the security office.

That means they had a star key, just like we did.

But you didn't find one when you searched them?

Right...

Well maybe Quark's a suspect after all, then.
You shouldn't write him off just because he's a kid.
Maybe he knows how to use a lance or an axe.

It's much more likely he found the key card after they died.

Oh. Hmm...

Any ideas where to look?

Nothing. How on Earth would I know where he might be?

Hmm...

Well, there's one place I'd like to check out. Come on.

Do you know something I don't?

[Music fades out]

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they looked into the open AB Room on their way out.

Also we don't even get bleeps this time, or even a title card. Just warp straight to...

Right. Aren't you curious?

Of course.
Besides, Quark might be in there.

Yeah.

All right. Let's move.

The question of how Quark might open an AB Gate while hiding in this room is not raised.

Probably belongs to the director.

I hope it has one of those chairs.

Chairs...?

You know, the folding ones that say "Director" on the back?
I've always wanted to sit in one and say stuff like "Action!" or "Cut!" or "Double decaf chai soy latte, now!".

And that's what you think we'll find in there?

Yeah! Aren't you excited?

Well, there could be anything in there, so no, not really.

Yeah, what if Zero Sr. was in there waiting for us?

Okay, I'm gonna open it.

You don't need to keep asking me if--

999 OST: [Eternitybox]

There's no one here...

Yeah. Maybe Dio and K did that...

A lion...

Is biting...

A sun...?

It has a couple input fields for a user ID and a password.

We probably can't use it unless we know what those are.

Why don't you put something in?

Sure. I'll give it a shot.

We can't get anywhere without a password.

Let's see if we can find any other clues.
This is the director's office, after all. If we turn the place upside down, we're bound to find something.
Shall we?

[Music fades out]

A lion... biting... the sun...
A lion... biting... the su--

VLR OST: [Sinisterness]

Then, maybe...

VLR OST: [Ambidexterity]

Erm.

Help?

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
:siren:Please don't frame-by-frame that flashing image and post about it because I'm going to consider that spoilers.:siren:

(This has been a guest cliffhanger by orenronen)

Fedule fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 28, 2013

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I was thinking of asking you whether you'd skip that flashing sequence or not, given that it's a bit spoilery. I suppose that gif works, made me laugh at least.

theshim
May 1, 2012

And where did this come from, Phi?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

theshim posted:

And where did this come from, Phi?

It's her username. She signed up for Gmail REALLY late.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Fedule posted:

(This has been a guest cliffhanger by orenronen)

I was wondering if you were planning on ending the update there. You/Orenronen were right to do so. :allears:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Access the morphogenetic field and copy the program Lotus used in the lab in 999, and then use it to bruteforce the login. This is clearly one of those think-outside-the-box scenarios.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Username is Zero Password is Zerorules

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

MonsterEnvy posted:

Username is Zero Password is Zerorules

yeah I have to agree with this one

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

People, please don't go through that gif frame by frame and then post about it. It's obviously not intended for you to.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

tiistai posted:

I was thinking of asking you whether you'd skip that flashing sequence or not, given that it's a bit spoilery. I suppose that gif works, made me laugh at least.

Is it slower/different in the game then?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Battle Pigeon posted:

It's slower at first but rapidly speeds up to about the speed of the gif. You might be able to catch a glimpse or two but not enough to explain anything. Much like the gif.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Battle Pigeon posted:

The point of it is that you see a whole bunch of images in quick succession and before you even figure out anything more detailed than who you're looking at the next one appears. This works in-game where the images continue flashing unbidden and then stop, but obviously that won't work in an LP, and I really don't want people looking at these in any detail. Hence, this.

I thought it was a pretty good compromise, actually. If you look at it you can still just about make out some faces but not what any of them are doing. So, yeah, please don't frame-by-frame it and post about it because I'm going to consider that spoilers.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Terper posted:

People, please don't go through that gif frame by frame and then post about it. It's obviously not intended for you to.

I am just gonna re-quote this because you know how goons are about this sort of thing.

EDIT: ^^^ that works too

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Fedule posted:

So, yeah, please don't frame-by-frame it and post about it because I'm going to consider that spoilers.

Edit that into the bottom of your update in case people miss this post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

It loaded in kinda slow for me, so I feel like I'm more confused than anything.

• Locked thread