Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I can't wait to see the Dio apologists try to justify this. :allears: :munch:

I don't trust electronic voting machines, he could have very easily picked ally and had Zero III change his vote without his knowledge. There's historical precedent. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Yeah Bro posted:

I don't trust electronic voting machines, he could have very easily picked ally and had Zero III change his vote without his knowledge. There's historical precedent. :colbert:

Dear god, you're on to something... Look what I found when going through the thread to find a better closeup of the AB machine!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

As for Sigma, what an idiot. To willingly vote Ally against someone who would try blackmail, you'd have to be suicidal or something-
Oh god. Sigma's got radical-6! :tinfoil:

Hah, this explains everything!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if we could get into the laboratory without Dio. Who would have taken us into it on our first go-round?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kay Kessler posted:

It's good to see that even at 1 BP Luna still sticks to her guns and votes Ally. You just know Phi wanted to hit Betray so bad.

To be fair Quark is MIA so hitting Ally is completely risk-free, and I doubt even Phi would incur undue mistrust on herself just for the sake of an extra point.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Welp, voted Ally out of the simple fact that I'm not killing a kid, and some vague hopes that Dio wasn't a total monster. Oh well. Now that we're dead (and hopefully taking Dio with us, somehow.) I think our next plan should be to go back to start and go with Alice, allying with her. Since we've seen that Ten will betray anyone except Quark, that lets him neutralize K and Clover, leaving all of them at 3 BP, lets us Ally to put that group at 5, and leaving us with just Luna at death's door. Maybe that gives us a lot better chance to work something out, seeing as we can just lock betray on Dio for the end of time.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Dammit Fedule, every cliffhanger you post makes me want to go get the game.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Vil posted:

Dammit Fedule, every cliffhanger you post makes me want to go get the game.

Then go get it. Visual novel LPs are nearly piracy to begin with, you should buy the game if you're enjoying it.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I just realized that K's got 9 BP now. Even if we picked betray, there's a chance we would have gotten a Game Over anyway. It all depends on what K would have done.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

I just realized that K's got 9 BP now. Even if we picked betray, there's a chance we would have gotten a Game Over anyway. It all depends on what K would have done.

As the Soporil starts taking effect, the last thing Sigma sees is K bitch slapping the poo poo out of Dio after they both bolted towards the door.

Best...death...ever...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

Yeah the decision probably didn't matter, we were screwed the second K got into a situation where he wasn't a 100% sure the opposing part would vote ally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah the decision probably didn't matter, we were screwed the second K got into a situation where he wasn't a 100% sure the opposing part would vote ally.

No K was 100% sure his opponent would choose ally.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

jonjonaug posted:

Then go get it. Visual novel LPs are nearly piracy to begin with, you should buy the game if you're enjoying it.

I kind of wonder about that, actually...some LPs pretty much ARE the entire game. Kind of surprised more companies aren't cracking down on that. Maybe they will soon.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I still stand by my prediction that Dio coerced K with the cure.

Even if I was completely wrong on what Dio would have theoretically asked K to do. Unless K did what he did precisely because Dio told him to Ally.

Though I suppose Dio might somehow know who K is, and wants him to also win the game. K is Dio's son in a protection suit or something? Like Dio designed it specifically to protect his kid from something. Or the design is something his kid came up with and thus Dio recognizes it and wants answers. Without tipping his hand since he has no idea who is Zero/how much they know.

My only reasoning for "K is Dio's kid" is just that Dio stated that he wanted to win to save his kid. Thus, if there was a chance that K is said kid, Dio would want to save him. I mean, it seems to be implied that there's some sort of time skip thing of unknown duration.

Which does make the 'Dio and K killed each other' thing a bit darker. I suppose radical 6 went into play, Dio thought K had something to do with his kid's endangerment. Well, that's if Dio's speech about his kid had any truth to it.

I'd frankly be surprised if I got anything about that right. Well, besides 'Dio knows K somehow' possibility.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

Truth be told, the only thing stopping me is the fact that I have neither a 3DS nor a Vita. While I can afford getting the handheld console too, I'm not inclined to get one just for one game, in spite of Fedule's motivation-by-cliffhanger. So I'm currently wibbling in indecision about which of them has more/better other games that I might want.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Well, Ace Attorney 5 came out for the 3DS just last week, and its crossover with Professor Layton is coming over next year as well. The 3DS also has Shin Megami Tensei IV, and of course the Nintendo franchises. I don't pay attention to the Vita, so my word's not very reliable, but all I know of is Persona 4, and Dangan Ronpa 1 is supposed to come out sometime next year.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

CandyCrazy posted:

Well, Ace Attorney 5 came out for the 3DS just last week, and its crossover with Professor Layton is coming over next year as well.
Welp, gently caress my wallet then.

VVV: So do I want a good system with some flaws, or a system with no good games that might serve as a bad tablet? If it's anything like the DS vs PSP, I'll pass on the Vita.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 2, 2013

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
As someone with both a 3ds and a Vita, I'll say this: the 3ds definitely has better games for it right now, but the Vita has nicer graphics and works better as an overall device for purposes outside of gaming. If you only want one of these devices for gaming purposes, I'd say 3ds is a better investment right now. As an overall device however, I enjoy the Vita because it's a lot easier to use for purposes outside of gaming. And the added bonus with a Vita is that there are a ton of cheap PSP games you can buy from the PS Store which will fill out your library quickly, though the downside is that there aren't as many good Vita games. There's Persona 4 Gold, Gravity Rush, Assassin's Creed Liberation, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (1st and 2nd games) off the top of my head, but that's about it. 3ds has Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Ace Attorney, Animal Crossing and a crapton of Mario related games and there are a lot of new planned titles for it.

So yeah my advice: if you want something only for gaming, 3ds is the way to go. If you want an overall good device, with fewer console specific games but a lot of good old games that are cheap to purchase, you're better off with Vita.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
The Vita has a few really cool exclusives, but its main use is as an excellent port and indie game device. If you like ports of HD games and especially indie games, the Vita actually has a fairly solid list of content. I like it a lot more than my 3DS, even though the 3DS probably does have better content overall. Check the Vita thread and some 3DS games list, see what you like.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My main argument against a 3DS is that it feels a lot clunkier especially when compared to a Vita or even a regular DS. Maybe it was just mine but it just doesn't fit my hands as comfortably.

Otherwise, I feel the 3DS has better games. I did get the Vita just for P4G, however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ApplesandOranges posted:

My main argument against a 3DS is that it feels a lot clunkier especially when compared to a Vita or even a regular DS. Maybe it was just mine but it just doesn't fit my hands as comfortably.

Otherwise, I feel the 3DS has better games. I did get the Vita just for P4G, however.

I have an XL so I don't have that problem.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Just finished reading through the existing parts of this LP. Great job so far, Fedule! Looking forward to the rest!

Also

Fedule posted:

Floor A and Floor B

As a Swede, I approve of this file :golfclap:

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

ApplesandOranges posted:

I did get the Vita just for P4G, however.

Everyone did.

If Square-Enix had gotten their act together faster and released the upcoming FFX/FFX-2 remake earlier, it would've been a system seller. Too bad it'll probably hit NA in first quarter 2014.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I'm always vaguely surprised when someone says they they don't want to get a 3DS for 'just one game'. Maybe I pay attention to the gaming sphere more than the average person, but there's around 10 really good games out for the 3DS right now. I also see people say the same thing about the 360/PS3 in other LPs, which is way more confusing considering the sheer volume of great-to-amazing games out for those consoles. Lack of money is one thing, but implying that there isn't anything to buy for those system is another.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

KamikazePotato posted:

I'm always vaguely surprised when someone says they they don't want to get a 3DS for 'just one game'. Maybe I pay attention to the gaming sphere more than the average person, but there's around 10 really good games out for the 3DS right now. I also see people say the same thing about the 360/PS3 in other LPs, which is way more confusing considering the sheer volume of great-to-amazing games out for those consoles. Lack of money is one thing, but implying that there isn't anything to buy for those system is another.

Maybe it's because not everyone has the exact same taste in games and only one game on a system interests them enough to consider buying it. I've seen LP's of probably a dozen PS2 games, but I've only liked one enough to make me actually wish I owned it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Please check your bracelet to see your updated Bracelet Points.

999 OST: [Chill and Rigor]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

Sigma's BP is...

Negative!

I didn't have to wait long.

First would be the anesthetic Soporil...

Hey! Sigma! Get up!

Sigma

Oh no... Oh no, oh no, oh no...

Trying to open my eyelids was like trying to lift sheets of lead.

D-Damnit...
You'll keep... your promise... Goddamnit...

I groaned and with a herculean effort lifted my head, and then my sluggish body, off the floor.

I threw out my hand in front of him.

Aren't we supposed to share everything we find here?

I don't... care... Just... hand me... the medicine...

We found the Axelavir... in the laboratory.

And Dio... stole it...

Wh-What?!

You... you mean he has it? Right now?

...I kept... my promise...
Now... you...

Not quite what I'd been expecting...

Here.

With a shrug he pulled the vial out of his pocket and tossed it toward me.

It was the real thing.

(Good...)
(Now at least Quark will be all right...)

Ahh! Sigma! Are you okay?!

Sigma!

Sigma!

(I guess this is it...)

In 5 minutes, I would be dead...

What could I do in 5 minutes?
How could I save myself?

I gave a raspy, quiet laugh. Even with death staring me in the face, I seemed to be determined to struggle right up until the very end.

(You can do this...)

Every problem, no matter how difficult, has a solution!

There's always another option!

Hopelessness is a state of mind!

I just had to think! Think, think, think!

If there was a way out, I'd find it!

I wasn't ready to give up on life yet!

There had to be an answer--!

Lock no. 03
Five minutes of life!

This is our formal introduction to Plot Locks - the password thing from the Security Room branch was somewhat of a special case since that one's a case of player input at which you can technically cheat. Bona-fide Plot Locks are more straightforward.

Remember the Coffin Ending in 999? It's that. Same thing. Just, much less of a pain now that we have the flowchart.

Somewhere, sometime, in this sprawling world of possibilities is the "key" that will help us decide what Sigma should do with his last five minutes of being able to breathe.

It's a quandary, I'll give you that.

So... what now?

Our options are starting to add up since we've got two major branches to think about, so here's a quick primer, in an order that's something like depth-first:

cd ~/magenta/ally/green/betray
Betray Luna after escaping the Gaulem Bay

cd ~/magenta/ally/red
After successfully allying with Luna, go through the Red door with Alice and Clover

cd ~/magenta/ally/blue
After successfully allying with Luna, go through the Blue door with Alice and K

cd ~/magenta/betray
Betray Luna after escaping the Lounge

cd ~/yellow/ally/red/betray
Betray Dio after escaping the Laboratory

cd ~/yellow/ally/green
After being betrayed by Tenmyouji, go through the Green door with Clover and Quark

cd ~/yellow/ally/blue
After being betrayed by Tenmyouji, go through the Blue door with Clover and Tenmyouji

cd ~/yellow/betray
Betray Tenmyouji after escaping the Infirmary

cd ~/cyan
After escaping the Elevator, go through the Cyan door with Phi and Alice

Fedule fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 2, 2013

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Advisory: I'm going away for a week. Coincidentally, I'd also like to take a break from this for a week.

Now, I recall someone was working on a glorified chart of events? This would be an excellent time to amend that if it's still in progress - for now, the amount of information about the plot in each route is just about still bearable but that's about to change fast once we branch a third time.

E: Capital.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 2, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

EDIT: ^^ Way ahead of you. :v:

The Morphogenetic Plot Field So Far:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 2, 2013

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I loved this twist. You are expecting to die, then you find out that there is more to this. Every time I read a post saying that this was a bad ending, I was laughing to myself.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I say we continue the pattern and go check out a path of the Cyan door. That way we can see what one route through all 3 of the original branches looks like and then can proceed to try solving mysteries and getting different results and whatnot.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The first time I saw that "To Be Continued" I just kinda stared at the screen blankly.

I mean, surviving a lethal injection is near impossible when the bracelet is practically fused to your wrist.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The first time I saw that "To Be Continued" I just kinda stared at the screen blankly.

I mean, surviving a lethal injection is near impossible when the bracelet is practically fused to your wrist.

There is one firmly established way to do this already (heart stopping), and they DO have a doctor with them, so maybe that could be a way to remove it safely, if they can start him going again with the AED. The problem is would be stopping it long enough, in time.

Oh, and I think leaving out the 9 door MAY be a death sentence, considering all the hints that things outside may not be going so well. The whole point may not be to leave, but to stay and GET ALONG! :D

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Ah, okay, so he has five minutes. I thought it acted a little faster than five minutes. Also, very surprised Dio gave up the medicine.
As to what we see next, people wanted to basically savescum the dilemma Dio put us in, so eff em, let's go back to the beginning and go through the cyan door with Alice. :hehe:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I think we should go ahead with Alice. Probably our best bet for preventing things from imploding if we ally with her. We know Ten will betray anyone but Quark, so that leaves him, K, and Clover at 3. Luna's still going to get stabbed by Dio, and we'll have the rest of us at 5. So only two escapes to worry about and one death on the line.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Spatula City posted:

Ah, okay, so he has five minutes. I thought it acted a little faster than five minutes.

Like everything else, it takes 9 minutes for the poison to be injected. It just took Sigma 4 minutes to get to this point.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Is it just me, or is there no way that that took 4 minutes? All he did was walk up to Dio and then Dio gave him the medicine. Everyone would have to be talking really slowly for that to take 4 minutes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So K, how about heading to that 9 Door with Dio?

And where is Alice, anyway? I mean I guess Sigma's dying is going to have more priority, but we saw that coming from a mile away.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

BlazeEmblem posted:

I loved this twist. You are expecting to die, then you find out that there is more to this. Every time I read a post saying that this was a bad ending, I was laughing to myself.

Same here, more or less. I love how this game messes with people's expectations. :allears:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
I like that you kept the options open for the spots where we clearly only have one other choice, I mean, the places where there is only one colored door choice coming from the Ally/Betray choice.

in the odd event that we do wind up choosing the "non-choice", will you take that as a "we want to see the other door on this route" or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Not that we know the full story of this outcome yet, but there's enough to make a few things that people have said rather ironic in hindsight:

Spatula City posted:

Why the hell are people picking Ally? That's clearly a quick death path. I'd rather keep going on any path that goes forward, rather than ends in death.

Welp. There's obviously SOME continuation from this point, so I guess you get your wish despite the voting.

SgtSteel91 posted:

I bet Dio smashes the cure anyway and just laugh at Sigma as he's dying.

Okay, Dio's a dick, but clearly you haven't given him enough credit.

Alopex posted:

I'm pretty sure that he's gonna go ally and this was just getting us to confirm an ally-ally.

Then there are people who give him too much credit.

• Locked thread