Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Fedule posted:

That's nice of you to say, but this thread is definitely not going to the goldmine. It will be going to the LP Archive when I get my poo poo together, though.

(LP Threads are very, very rarely goldmined, for a couple of reasons which have shifted in priority order somewhat over the years but are all basically still true. The big one, though, is that the goldmine exists so that incredibly good threads remain freely accessible forever (ie, they will never be paywalled or require an archive account), but the LP Archive makes basically every SA LP available forever anyway. I only know of three LP threads which were goldmined; supergreatfriend's Deadly Premonition, Chip & Ironicus' Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, and Covski's Rock Paper Scissors.)

Yes, but doesn't that archiving format strip away all the Goon comments which takes away a lot of the fun of seeing the shock and surprise of first-timer newbies from an outside perspective? :ohdear:

Either way, you do you. It's totally your right to format it as you please. You've more well than earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Yes, but doesn't that archiving format strip away all the Goon comments which takes away a lot of the fun of seeing the shock and surprise of first-timer newbies from an outside perspective? :ohdear:

All you need to do to access goon comments is to purchase the archives upgrade.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think the archives have worked for years anyway, so it's fine.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't think the archives have worked for years anyway, so it's fine.
They do, you just can't search. You have to use the thread-link in the LPArchive post.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Archives proper haven't worked since June 30, 2014 (if not earlier) and has yet to be fixed

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what's broken about them?

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

what's broken about them?

As far as I can tell, nothing's being blocked off from people who don't have the archives upgrade past whatever date they stopped working. I, for one, hope this never gets fixed.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Some older threads don't have pictures anymore, which is sad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Rest in peace, waffleimages. :911:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

thankfully keyboard goop was spared

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Did you ever think you'd see this day

I'll give it a day or two before I hit that good ol' lock button and we finally bid this thread farewell.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Fedule posted:

I'll give it a day or two before I hit that good ol' lock button and we finally bid this thread farewell.

Congratulations on finally being truly free!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fedule posted:

Congrats on a finished (and good) LP!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Congrats! :toot:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That was a fun LP.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Aw man that feels so good to see. :unsmith:

Seriously my man you did an amazing job on this thing even if it did take many years. Quality work! I already have someone in mind to link this to. :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Well done

• Locked thread