Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Alright he's clearly an irredeemable dick can we betray him now, please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Dr. Stab posted:

Is it just me, or is there no way that that took 4 minutes? All he did was walk up to Dio and then Dio gave him the medicine. Everyone would have to be talking really slowly for that to take 4 minutes.

Maybe he's infected with Radical 6! :tinfoil:

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

I don't understand the people who thought allying would lead to an instant bad end when the game was really unsubtle about how that was what it wanted you to do. In particular: Sigma's little monologue about how he's perfectly willing to die if it means improving the odds of saving Quark, and the way he forcibly stopped Clover from hitting betray.

Incidentally, I'd forgotten that Sigma was prepared to strangle Dio to death if he broke his side of the deal. Go Sigma.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 2, 2013

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Dr. Stab, have you played the game before?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

edit: I can't word this post in a way that isn't dumb, just see below

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 2, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Please just report things if you think they're spoilers, don't call them out in the thread. This thread's been really good about not getting into spoiler slapfights so let's not start now.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'm actually surprised Dio kept his word.

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Poland Spring posted:

There is one firmly established way to do this already (heart stopping), and they DO have a doctor with them, so maybe that could be a way to remove it safely, if they can start him going again with the AED. The problem is would be stopping it long enough, in time.

Oh, and I think leaving out the 9 door MAY be a death sentence, considering all the hints that things outside may not be going so well. The whole point may not be to leave, but to stay and GET ALONG! :D

That AED won't work on Sigma since he'd suffocate from respiratory paralysis instead. The AED would only work if he somehow develops a ventricular fibrillation or tachycardia. That said, now there's a large group of people to help with ventilation and Luna's there to actually properly guide everyone through resuscitation, Sigma might still stand a chance of living after all!

I also agree that it's possible that leaving the compound might be a death sentence, mainly because of how habitable this place really is. There's way too much food and water around, as well as places to rest. Also, there's no strict time limit to leave unlike with 999. Finally, there seems to be a functional infirmary with usable medical equipment (not puzzle-specific props) and a doctor who knows how to use these, whereas the infirmary in 999 didn't actually seem to be useful for anything.

Pringles Monster fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 3, 2013

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pringles Monster posted:

That AED won't work on Sigma since he'd suffocate from respiratory paralysis instead. The AED would only work if he somehow develops a ventricular fibrillation or tachycardia.

I think what they meant was figure out a way to stop Sigma's heart so that the bracelet could be removed before he's injected with the tubocurarine, then use the AED to jump start it again once the bracelet's off.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

This outcome is even better than I'd hoped for, now I have no idea what option to pick in the poll. Add me to the people surprised that Dio actually gave up the medicine rather than breaking or taking it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Poland Spring posted:

Oh, and I think leaving out the 9 door MAY be a death sentence, considering all the hints that things outside may not be going so well. The whole point may not be to leave, but to stay and GET ALONG! :D

Even if that's the case, I wouldn't call being stuck in this bunker for the rest of your life as "living".

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
When I hit this block, I said gently caress it and went to the cyan door because I was tired of Dio's poo poo. Interesting that the poll is shaping up to just go down the other path.

bobbertoriley
Sep 6, 2011

Too many people are tired of Dio's poo poo and want to give him what's coming to him!

[Insert obligatory "Vote Ally" .gif here]

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

W.T. Fits posted:

I think what they meant was figure out a way to stop Sigma's heart so that the bracelet could be removed before he's injected with the tubocurarine, then use the AED to jump start it again once the bracelet's off.

I know it gets into :spergin: territory, but defibs don't start hearts, they stop them. The AEDs specifically also have tons of un-bypassable security measures that make them only ever actually deliver the shock if their onboard sensors can sense the patient's heart going frantically nuts (fibrillation) at that moment. Even if the security measures could somehow be subverted and the defib made to give a shock, the shock wouldn't do anything to help save Siggy unless he had the exact opposite problem.

Yes, the AED could potentially stop his heart to remove the bracelet (how long does the heart have to be stopped, anyway? Instant doesn't work since it's basically stopped between pumps, so was there any indication given if it could be a matter of seconds rather than however long a lack of bloodflow would take to cause brain death?) if the security measures could be bypassed, but then you're left with the problem of starting his heart again in the first place.

Side note, do we even know if the heartbeat sensors are in the bracelet itself anyway? Seems like there's lots of ways to trick the bracelet if they were actually thinking clearly (like the pingpong ball armpit thing)... Maybe they all have the actual sensor implanted somewhere in their body since everyone was (reportedly) knocked out before first waking in the AB room. Maybe the heart sensor is a red herring in the first place and alive/dead is just figured out by Z3 through the cameras/etc?

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE
Is the twist that we *actually* get the Bad End if we betray Dio at this last choice? The completionist in me would just hop back to that decision immediately.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I can't believe there's any question with what Sigma should do with the last five minutes of his life. I mean, the answer's so obvious.
:allears:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

likecnsnnts posted:

Is the twist that we *actually* get the Bad End if we betray Dio at this last choice? The completionist in me would just hop back to that decision immediately.

What I'm hoping this all means is that no path actually is an outright Bad End (but I'm sure that won't actually happen)

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

This is helping me cement that Sigma is a far better protagonist then Junpei ever was. He's not being a creeper and he's actually gives a drat about what's happening to everyone.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Junpei was all "June June June" all the time (by June's design, granted) while Sigma actually interacts with the other people a bit more. I think a lot of folks think of Phi as our "partner" in all this since we started in the same chamber, but it really does shift depending on the path we take through the rooms. Hell, maybe there's a path where Dio is actually sympathetic (hahahahahahahaha).

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

This is helping me cement that Sigma is a far better protagonist then Junpei ever was. He's not being a creeper and he's actually gives a drat about what's happening to everyone.

Not going back and finding all that poo poo, but Junpei has definitely acted like a creeper before towards Phi and Luna.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shei-kun posted:

I can't believe there's any question with what Sigma should do with the last five minutes of his life. I mean, the answer's so obvious.

That answer is also good, but my first thought of what Sigma obviously needs to do before he dies was more like this:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh hey we're still alive. :aaaaa:

I really wish I had money to spare because I'm already well past the point of wanting to get the game and finish the story myself.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Well I can think of a pretty radical way to make it so we don't die. unfortunately the Axe is in the rec-room.

Otherwise, you know... we could just chop our arm off before the second injection. Bleed like a stuck pig, but at least we would only probably die instead of definitely die.

EDIT: Maybe K could pull a Fezzik and rip our arm off.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh hey we're still alive. :aaaaa:

Only just barely, but alive! And dying! And with no known way to save ourselves! And the only possible ways as far as we know being goon-level theories from the Dangan Ronpa thread! :suicide:

(Okay, I just responded to say I like your avatar. That quote from the original or abdriged?)

On topic however, I started with Cyan primarily because out of the three (Luna, Alice, Ten), Alice was the one who I wanted to know more about because she was from the old game. Luna and Ten, while more interesting than miss gold-hoop-necklace-and-nothing-else, were new. Alice on the other hand, supposedly, is the girl from the last game and I was really curious as to what her deal was. Glad we finally get to see what's up with her alone, rather than just the minimal information with Clover we got. I would theorize about how Sigma's going to survive, but having played it I'll pass on this one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm mostly wondering what happens if we go through the red door with somebody else. We probably don't know Quark needs the Axelavir, but at least we have it without somebody bein' a dick about it.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Onmi posted:

Well I can think of a pretty radical way to make it so we don't die. unfortunately the Axe is in the rec-room.

Otherwise, you know... we could just chop our arm off before the second injection. Bleed like a stuck pig, but at least we would only probably die instead of definitely die.

EDIT: Maybe K could pull a Fezzik and rip our arm off.

I don't know how long it would take to get from the warehouse to the infirmary, but Luna is still alive and they do have access to modern medical equipment and supplies. Assuming Sigma doesn't die of shock (and, hey, he's already anesthetized), his chances of surviving an amputation are pretty good. Or they could wait until the paralytic kicks in, and put Sigma on a ventilator (and/or take turns performing CPR on him) until it wears off. Or they could stop his heart just long enough to make the bracelet fall off, then try to revive him-- it's extremely risky, but under the circumstances...

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Robindaybird posted:

I don't know, I'm pretty sure he could be considered a bit creepy during the elevator escape in the beginning...

Fedule posted:

You like kids?

Yeah, I guess so.

There some guy you're planning on making some with?

H-Hey! No, there is not!

I see.

Make one what?

A baby.

O-Ow...

You stay away from me, all right?!
Don't even think about doing anything!

Yeah, of course... I was just joking.

On another note, this LP made me want the game, so I just ordered it. Amazon UK has it for about £20 now :)

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
So that was a lot more fruitful then I expected.

These plot locks are pretty interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what resolves them. Maybe we're gonna get a cross path-thing going on, and - well, I wonder if Sigma's passing out in Security has something to do with things that happen in other paths (considering June had issues living beyond a certain point in time).

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

well, I wonder if Sigma's passing out in Security has something to do with things that happen in other paths (considering June had issues living beyond a certain point in time).

It's us, we're Zero.

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Bifauxnen posted:

That answer is also good, but my first thought of what Sigma obviously needs to do before he dies was more like this:

God, thank you for reminding me of that scene.

>Blam Blam Blam Blam Blam click click click< Oh poo poo oh poo poo oh gently caress oh poo poo oh my making GBS threads gently caress :stonk::arghfist::gibs:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

asymmetrical posted:

It's us, we're Zero.

Everyone is Zero.

Also can we now put it to rest that Dio was the one who killed Luna, Tenmyouji, Clover and probably K in the last route?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Onmi posted:

Also can we now put it to rest that Dio was the one who killed Luna, Tenmyouji, Clover and probably K in the last route?

Whether he killed Luna is still uncertain, but the rest of that scenario does seem to fit.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
The answer's pretty obvious if you ask me. He's drugged up, the bracelet is stuck to his arm...

The solution is to RIP HIS ARM OFF :black101:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

The answer's pretty obvious if you ask me. He's drugged up, the bracelet is stuck to his arm...

The solution is to RIP HIS ARM OFF :black101:

Obviously. This problem's already been decisively solved in Raimi and Campbell, Evil Dead 2.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Onmi posted:

Everyone is Zero.

I thought it was proven that he murdered at least one person, given the blood on his bracelet.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Man, if the second half of that path were Sigma with a chainsaw on his arm fighting deadites I would buy this game a second time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I thought it was proven that he murdered at least one person, given the blood on his bracelet.

I don't think we actually saw the blood on the bracelet, that's just why K dragged him to the Rec Room.

Then we had Clover and/or Tenmyouji writing "Dio" backwards. As for Luna, it COULD potentially still be Clover, but Dio is the one who seems obviously malicious.

And he probably killed the Old Lady too. No proof but seriously gently caress Dio.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Onmi posted:

I don't think we actually saw the blood on the bracelet, that's just why K dragged him to the Rec Room.

Then we had Clover and/or Tenmyouji writing "Dio" backwards. As for Luna, it COULD potentially still be Clover, but Dio is the one who seems obviously malicious.

And he probably killed the Old Lady too. No proof but seriously gently caress Dio.

Phi checked with the Luminol, remember?

Fedule posted:

Look. Dio's left wrist...

Exactly.

But why?

Because there are traces of blood on it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Oh hey, I caught up. After having played 999, I actually got a 3DS mostly for this game and the new Ace Attorney. I've been playing along but I guess I'll have move forward to the unknown future by myself now. :ohdear:

One thing I've learned reading this thread is that, while pretty good at avoiding obvious spoilers, some goons really can't stop themselves from going all "I've played this game before and watching all these newbies speculate is so cute :allears: :allears:". It's like something programmed into people who read LPs like this, one just has to make it known that they know things and you don't by any means necessary. Could just be my pet peeve but even if it doesn't spoil anything, it's terribly annoying to read through. So those people are condescending jerks. :colbert:

Anyhow, I like Dio's character here. I mean he goes above and beyond when it comes to being a dick but having a person like that in the game makes the whole thing more interesting, at least assuming there's something more to his character than what we've seen so far. Obviously Ace in 999 was a dick too but that didn't really come to play until relatively late and after most choices had already been made. It also helps that I could listen to Liam O'Brien all day (which I can't do myself because I don't have English voices).

One thing that throws me off in the 3DS version is the green, computer-y filter on the screen you interact with. Knowing how much the guy behind these games loves to use things like that to mess with the player, I can't help but think it's there for a reason. But the Vita version doesn't have it due to only having a single screen, which makes it a strange inconsistency whether or not it's actually meaningful.

Another thing is that unless Fedule is purposefully not showing everything, the 3DS version of the flow tree seems to show every branch to their completion rather than cutting them off. It's kind of a pain because it's impossible to avoid seeing which branches continue the furthest and which ones have an early dead (heh) end. I hate having foreknowledge like that, even if it suits the game in some meta way.

In any case, game is great and the LP is great. Keep up the good work and I personally really appreciate the dual audio, I can listen to the original voices in my own game and then the well-made English version afterwards. Which reminds me that it's pretty jarring how the text speed is made to match up with the Japanese voices. I think orenronen mentioned that some lines were altered dramatically and it's really rather noticeable when the textbox says "Alright" but the character is clearly saying a long sentence in Japanese, leading to the one-word line scrolling e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y slowly. Or vice versa where four lines of text just blaze through the box when the Japanese VA says something like "Sigma?" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If certain branches do in fact go further than others, which makes logical sense as a possibility, my guess is that Fedule likely chose a spot to cut off the image such that nothing would be given away by the game's UI.

• Locked thread