Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Does the vita version have anything to simulate the 3DS's ability to have the puzzle on one screen and your notepad or a clue of your choice in the top screen? If not, I imagine that might make some puzzles a bit of a pain in the rear end. Imagine having to actually remember stuff like passwords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

When I was playing this part, I just immediately assumed it was Clover because, given the timeline, I didn't really see it making sense that it could be K or Dio.

Of course, I had to make my choice right when the dialogue box came up, I didn't have days to think it over like you guys do.

Yeah, the thing about actually playing the game is that I preferred to read on rather than ruminate on what happened (doesn't help that I completed the entire game in one very decadent and slightly shameful week-end during which I shunned human contact and fresh underwear), and it's sort of embarrassing to watch people guessing some stuff that went completely over my head.

I also assumed it was Clover when I played, because unlike Dio who only had opportunity, she had both opportunity and (according to Phi) a motive. Didn't think much beyond that.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Words to live by.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

It's true that the axe murder craziness thing didn't happen in VLR's timeline, but let's not forget that the only difference between the axe murder timeline and this one is that Clover learned that Snake was still alive. She was this close to actually doing it.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Bachus posted:

drat you, Fedule! This is going to drive me to get a 3DS and this game or something. Argh!

Why are you angry that Fedule is performing good deeds :confused:

Besides, if Fedule's going to stop updates at every big reveal and cliffhanger, this LP might finish in the year 2015. You should buy the game if you can't wait!

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Instant Grat posted:

While we're ragging on the eShop, VLR has been available in the European (or at least the Danish) eShop for a good while now, but of course it's more expensive there ($35~ USD), and it doesn't have the English dub, so you're literally paying more money for less product.

The most beautiful thing about all this is that the 3DS is region locked (gently caress you too, Nintendo). Europeans and Australians really got the short end this time.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Since we're talking about GOLM -- I haven't read the whole thread; did someone find out who his voice actor is? He did such an amazing job.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

When playing the game you don't have much time to think about what you just saw in the flashing images, and you'd rather just keep playing than make half-blind speculation about random stills, so they're not much of a spoiler. In this format, though...

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Hahaha. I've been waiting to see the thread's reaction when we hit that roadblock with four or five mysteries still in the air.

Nope, you'll just have to wait to find out what happened in a couple months. Or buy the game -- you should definitely do that.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

The only memorable thing about it to me was that its extra files password is devilishly well-hidden.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Errr, so the game only hands you the solution to the optional password on easy mode, right? If not, I feel pretty goddamn stupid for messing around for a good ten minutes trying to figure it out (I eventually figured it has something to do with the bedsheet, since you can take it back off after using it with the scanner and VLR tends to be ridiculously efficient in cleaning out your inventory when there's nothing left to do with stuff).

Fedule posted:

This is the fourth typo I've found in this room. I've been correcting them as we go, but I thought this one was dumb enough to warrant preserving in its entirity.

Oh, the irony; so delicious. There's also a couple instances of you writing "Tubocurarine" as "Tubocuarine"

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Speedball posted:

So I suppose that in the previous timeline, Clover (or whoever it was that killed Luna) got the turbocuarine from this room as well as the injector gun and used it. The contents of the rooms don't shift between timelines, do they? Who went through the Infirmary originally?

Fedule posted:

I don't have any objections. We'll be going through the yellow door, right?

Yup. It might be important to remember the special things we found in puzzle rooms in the previous timeline; characters who go through them this time might grab them!

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Fedule posted:

I have my sanity to think about, you know.

You really expect people to buy that when you're doing dual audio?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

I guess 13 people weren't paying attention when they voted for going with Quark.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

This is the part where everyone who played 999 finally goes :supaburn:

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Pockets? What about hats? I know one person with a hat big enough to conceal several bombs, and he's been suspiciously quite eager to die.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:geno: What a surprise.

If we go back to the branch we just came from and choose to Ally with Phi again, would that change the scene? (I doubt it.)

Geez Stabby; have some faith. Did the scenes change the last time we had Schrödinger's AB game?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

I don't remember this room being particularly hard; which puzzle are you people talking about? The biggest problem with the segment, really, is that you're stuck with the two least interesting characters in the game.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

I'm thinking of the one that can crash the game and corrupt saves made inside that room in the 3DS version, naturally. Did that ever get a fix?

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

tiistai posted:

Yeah, at least VLR stuff is tame.

:nws: Not quite :nws:

(don't watch that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Which is to say, perhaps six months.

• Locked thread