Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

my city has a business that does real life "escape the room" things and I went last night and it was really fun but we didn't escape in time

I've got a business that does that like four blocks from where I live but I haven't gone yet because you need a group of at least 6 people and all my friends are spread out all over the place :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

No one directly quoted any spoilers, what are you ranting about

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Radium..........good?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'm thinking OddHaberdasher is the robot because jesus christ

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mandatory lesbian suddenly felt a sharp pain in the wrist

"The second drug...
Tubocurarine..."

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the real bomb 0 is the friends we made along the way

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I dunno, that'd also be my reaction to a surprise amputation

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I love how Sigma instantly stops caring about escape once he thinks he can get some action :q:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Super Jay Mann posted:

Even when we win we refuse to not lose.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

You thought the murderer was Luna, but it was me, Dio!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fedule posted:

The mysterious and totally unidentified Old Woman is voiced in English by Babara Goodson and in Japanese by Yoshiko Sakakibara. Barbara Goodson is another serial minor role/additional voices/uncredited actress, though one consistent and notable role I've found for her is Laharl in the Disgaea series up until at least 2013. Yoshiko Sakakibara seems to dabble very infrequently in video games - she's the Japanaese voice of Ana in Overwatch, so that's something - but she's been showing up in anime since the 80s, including Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind as Lady Kushana and Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ as Haman Karn.

By the way, if the Old Woman's English voice sounded weirdly familiar despite all this, it's because another of Barbara Goodson's uncredited roles is the Announcer in
VLR. In Japanese that's handled by Eimi Okada, who also doesn't seem to have much in the way of high-profile work to her name; I found Cordelia in Fire Emblem Awakening and not much else recognisably of note.

oh the Old Woman's voice and the Announcer's voice were different in Japanese? drat, well there goes my theory that the Old Woman recorded all of the loudspeaker lines herself because she got bored one day

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Sigma is going to trip while walking through the number 9 door and get smushed :rip:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I knew Quark was the real mastermind all along

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DeafNote posted:

Hey at least Luna survives in this timeline
I think

Can... she even really leave? Like, isn't her brain inside the facility that she's now locked out of?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

they are drat lucky Dio didn't plant a bomb on the outside of the number 9 door as he was sneaking in

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

We're talking about Dio, not Tenmyouji.

:ocelot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why cut those lines? I mean, you could still infer that they escaped from the game and Tenmyouji feels confident nothing will happen now that they're out of the nine door, but it still seems like a pointless omission. :psyduck:

come now, you wouldn't want this script to get bloated would you

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:lol: it never occurred to me that people could actually get angry at this plot twist

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Brightman posted:

I still have no loving clue how he never noticed the bionic eye. Like he never touched his face or maybe squinted and felt it that way? Really? Okay game, whatever.

clearly his bionic eye and cybernetic arms are programmed so that it's not noticeable, duh :rolleyes:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yep, they're terrible. I've blocked the image so I won't see them anymore.

lol you wuss

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Oh my god. It's over. What the gently caress.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

As much as I think the romance in 999 was awkward, it was worth it for the bittersweet payoff here. I really like this moment.

:agreed:

this part was just so depressing, but so good

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Quality LP. Now, if only we can arrange it so Virtue has the last post and gets permabanned for it, then this thread will have achieved everything it could hope to.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

thankfully keyboard goop was spared

• Locked thread