Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Artix posted:

Cindy Robinson is having the goddamn time of her life playing a psychotic little rabbit, and it is amazing. :allears:

Yeah, seriously. Zero III in English is amazing already. :swoon:

Can't wait to hear the rest of the cast, but hopefully they're not all the obvious usual anime VA standbys. I mean, I don't watch all that much, but I could tell that the white haired lady was voiced by Karen Strassman from her very first line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Sundowner posted:

I might watch SGF's stream VODs so I can quickly catch up

For reference, I dunno how you define "quickly" but 23 videos that average out at about 1 hour long each isn't what I'd call quick. :v:

The "novel" in "visual novel" isn't just for show. These things are really long.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Seshoho Cian posted:

Voice Actor recap:
Phi - Nanako
Dio - Akihiko
Tenmyouji - Dojima
Quark - Chie
Luna - Rise
Clover - Sayoko
Robot man - Theodore
Alice - Elizabeth
Zero - Labrys

Sigma - Kanji

...Just not in the game itself. Which is a damned shame, because Troy Baker is always amazing.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Yellow with Tenmyouji.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

might be wrong posted:

Literally all I get from her so far is that she's a meek, 'nice' character. The only reason she's interesting is because people in the thread are practically holding up signs saying 'Guess what she's gonna be GREAT.'

Yeah, from what we've seen so far I'd say that she's probably the worst character. Everyone else has something interesting or noteworthy about them, but Luna's just... there.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Color Printer posted:

Oh, gently caress you game, you made that exact same joke last game. :mad: (That and the sofa musical note joke)

And the stuff relating to drinks too. I'm kinda surprised no one suggest whacking Sigma over the head with the drinks dispenser, rather than the infomercial skit the way the rest of the room was going.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

assume Clover wouldn't do it again all else being equal (like if K tricked her in round 1) she'd still have an incentive to betray (Dio will probably betray Luna and escape without her if she doesn't get to 9).

Considering how Dio's shown himself to be kind of a giant asshat, why would he suddenly care about either Clover or Luna now? :psyduck:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Except that Dio, K or Quark could get 9 this very round and then leave immediately. That's a very big problem!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Speedball posted:

Okay, the power armor is understandable (well, maybe not, but...) but why is K wearing clothes over his power suit?

Why not? If I had sweet armour, I'd put on a cool mantle as well. Just a shame it's only half of one.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Fedule posted:

Similar logic suggests AM might be Aksys Model if you're right about Y-UKO, which suggests GTF-AM-3-65V and GTM-AM-S-510 as possibly other Aksys staff. Er... if there are only two then they have to be Ben Bateman and Nobara Nakayama, except I can't really see how that makes any sense, so something here isn't right (it might be me).

It's probably a Japanese number pun. If there's anything I know about Japanese developers, it's that they love shortening their names into number puns somehow.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Shei-kun posted:

Canonically, she never hurt anyone before!

Except all those people she murdered with an axe.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Speedball posted:

So would an ending where we straight-up died be better or worse?

I think it's very slightly better. It just feels like less of a kick in the teeth somehow. In both instances, you're being punished for doing something wrong when there's not necessarily much of an indication that it is wrong but at least dying has a sense of closure to it even if you don't get all the answers.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Zoe posted:

The .gifs of the passwords went as far as 'cur' and 'fou' ...'CURE FOUND'?

"CURED" for the regular solution and "FOUND" for the hidden files one.

As for the GIFs themself, they both played all the way through the solutions on my end, for whatever that's worth.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Zoe posted:

Anybody have a link to the old Remember 11 LP?

Right here (needs archives though).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Honestly, I carrot wait to see Zero III again for that exact reason. :allears:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

2 + 1 + 6 = 9 :ssh:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I think that the problem with the "get a Game Over, then immediately go back and do the other option" is that it means there's no point in having the initial vote in the first place.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Wouldn't that logic make him more likely to Betray, not less?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bruceski posted:

FYI, "tu fui, ego eris" does show up on gravestones IRL. I don't know if it was more common in certain time periods (some old Roman saying or more modern folk being pretentious by using Latin) but I've actually seen it on an old gravestone. It's a reminder of mortality, "I used to be a person, you're gonna be a corpse."

Yeah, it's not that uncommon or unlikely. I would think it comes from something along the lines of the stock memento mori thing;

"Remember man as you pass by.
As you are now, so once was I.
As I am now you will be.
Prepare for death and follow me."

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Clarste posted:

Anyway, we have to vote Ally. We promised.

You heard Luna. We can get to 9 if we Betray and Phi doesn't. The opposite of course is true. Voting to Betray means that in the worst case scenario, we just stay where we are and in the best case we can just leave if we wanted to.

Or, to put it simply, voting Ally here is the wrong choice to make unless you want Phi to win for some reason.

e; I'd be more surprised if Phi hadn't realised that by now, honestly. She's probably going to betray for similar reasons anyway.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Minor thing, but on the Cyan door path on both Betray and Allying with Alice, you mention Alice twice. As in, with Sigma and Phi where she actually was but also with Dio and Quark where Luna was.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

It's kind of an unfurrtunate curse, but Siggy can make the meowst of it.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Fedule posted:

Sigma's saying he won't vote, so if you choose "betray"...

I'm, uh, preeeeetty sure that's meant to be Dio saying that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

You thought it was the 90s, but it was I, DIO!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Color Printer posted:

Also this is one of the first major plot things I saw in my playthrough and I was like "what's happening????????????" during the entire termite speech

There is something magical about Jamieson Price giving one of the requisite bizarre science-ish divergences with his usual seriousness and gravitas. And it being about termites. :allears:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Fedule posted:

That's... in a week. Okay, well, it's not nothin'.

Just finish the LP within the week and no one can complain! :pseudo:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

The third Zero Escape game is coming to PC, and I wouldn't be surprised if a port of 999/VLR end up there given DR's success.

I do have to wonder how they'll deal with 999's whole thing with the DS platform though between the ending and the general story integration

The same way they dealt with it in the iOS version: excise the actual gameplay stuff wholesale and hope it still works out fine.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Kemix posted:

Just let it fall into the archives

Archives haven't worked at all for years now, and it looks like it currently takes about a year of inactivity before a thread gets auto-locked for whenever they get fixed.

Expecting this thread to just fade away is not the dragon you want to chasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Archives proper haven't worked since June 30, 2014 (if not earlier) and has yet to be fixed

• Locked thread