Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's always possible he was making a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Was sick today, spent it catching up on this thread since I figured it would be either finished or really close to finished after I stopped reading back in...

So uh... there's only one path now, right? Like maybe two or three endings left, right?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

what an absurdly cryptic puzzle, no wonder it took you a few months

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glazius posted:

It worries me that there are several routes where we know about the bombs. Are the timelines going to collapse?

I dunno how that would work, considering how many routes end with us dying in some manner.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Still reading the LP blind to any of VLR's plot twists, mostly just checking every six months or so to keep up to date.

So, uh... last read this thread when Sigma was bleeding white, only it turned out he had fake arms, which he then used in another timeline to not die, which got us a password into this timeline and finally, finally some answers out of Luna aaaaaand she's dead. Oh and a bunch of little reveals along the way. (foil, sure, why not)

So can I play Zero Time Dilemma now? I held off on that cause I heard it spoiled VLR, and given how VLR spoiled 999 rather spectacularly I figured due caution was warranted.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So, the exact same kind of spoiler that VLR did to 999. Great.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Not sure why the idea of there being two different series of events is supposed to be a surprise all of a sudden. It's been obviously different timelines in different universes since the first playthrough where the old woman's body was not found in a room. The real mystery is, as has been said, where did Dio get the bracelet from? Is that just a matter of him hiding the old woman's body someplace no one has found in these timelines?

Phi's leap from the AB room at the start is common to all the timelines. However, if either facility was actually on the moon, in 16% of Earth's surface gravity, it would be a pretty glaring case of not doing even a little research. No one would move as expected, nothing would fall as expected. It would be extremely obvious, not just a case of "my body feels a little strange".

Well, this is a visual novel, so we don't exactly see people move for ourselves. For all we know they could be jumping across rooms and lifting couches one handed to search for clues.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Nidoking posted:

I found this really funny for some reason.

How many of those do you still have saved up?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_ posted:

Y'know, the sequel to the game where one of the main characters died 9 years ago and was trying to prevent themselves from dying and also was explicitly not a ghost of any kind.

And somehow does the exact same twist in the sequel.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't get why people are complaining about the moon thing. That was revealed in one of the other endings, we've known about it for years now and the only real question was if it was a fake moon base or not. (turns out it's not)

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So... you guys weren't kidding when you said the plot in this game is kinda backloaded.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I just got it, oh god it took me close to five years to figure out the thread title was a loving rabbit pun

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Put ZTD on my wishlist. Whenever it drops from $45 I'll pick it up.

I waited five years to see the end of this LP. I have enough patience to wait for a sale.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PMush Perfect posted:

I'll make a discord server or something when I get home, anyone who wants to help can gather there. (I'll have to replay the game again, it's been a couple months and I'm sure there's things I forgot.)

I won't be able to join cause lol spoilers, but I am curious how a group-think screen-shot LP would work.

Unless it's just a video LP in which case, lol

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Quality LP. Now, if only we can arrange it so Virtue has the last post, then this thread will have achieved everything it could hope to.

Kanfy posted:

This is probably a good time to mention that there's an LP of Ever17 in the archives as well, though the translation is a little infamous.

Welp, at least it's complete already. Time for another plunge.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Quality LP. Now, if only we can arrange it so Virtue has the last post, then this thread will have achieved everything it could hope to.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what's broken about them?

• Locked thread