Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Dragongem posted:

I'm so glad you're doing voice tracks because Zero III's voice is the besssssst.

The nooooooooooonary gaaaaaaammmeeee
nooooooooooonary gaaaaaaammmeeee

(gently caress you for that mental image)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Luna

Also, Clover is Zero.

(baseless speculation)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Umbilical Lotus posted:

Gotta go with the somehow-unpopular Tenmyouji. Luna is far too passive for my tastes and Alice doesn't know what a shirt is.
As is the convention, Luna is probably a psychopath. We just want to get the Axe Ending II out of the way.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fall posted:

I picked Cyan the first time through and looking back I regret it, not because the contents are good or bad, but because (incidental spoilers I will not touch on).
You can't just say that and stop there.

##unvote Magenta
##vote Cyan

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Also, fun 9 minutes for everyone in the vicinity, aware that in a few minutes their unconscious comrade will be injected with deadly poison.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I think it's less about ethics and due process than about getting away with it. Lots of people probably have "assholes" they'd love to kill with impunity.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
OK, I think I see what you're trying to say. We may be OK with killing assholes when the protagonist does it because "we will know who's an rear end in a top hat and we'll do no wrong to ourselves that way" even if it's blatantly untrue. But when it's someone else, it starts getting disturbingly similar to what oppressive regimes do, the "We're getting rid of these and these asshold for the good of all, next we're killing you and no one bats an eyelid because officially you're evil" way.

I want to see more situations when the protagonist exercises their "law of force" and does gently caress up in the long run, not ethically but pragmatically. "Yes they were assholes, but also very necessary members of the group/society/whatever, and you've cut off your only means of survival, you hosed it up you deal with it."

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 30, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
The optimal solution in Prisoner's Dilemma would be to ally first, then copy the other side? And the game doesn't offer that much for betraying the other party? And we'd lose trust and set a bad precedent?

If that's the case, betray, obviously. We're going down in flames, starting with the worst ending in the game :v:

"I want to observe the balance of power shifting."

VVV: Welp, didn't catch that, thanks.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 3, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Remember that we don't know how many people can go through the 9 door. And if someone gets the 9 points first and decides to screw everybody else, we're hosed :shrug:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What when the pairs get changed? For example, let's say Phi runs to the button and presses Betray before Sigma can grab her. Later on Phi and Sigma end up in different pairs (or as solos). If we meet the whole group after this round (assuming no one gets killed in the process), it's easy to learn the answers, just tally the scores.

...that is, unless Zero has additional tasks for some players to gain/lose points :tinfoil: (the fact we didn't get one is irrelevant, no one'd believe us when we claim that)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

whitehelm posted:

If K really wants to vote betray, do you honestly think Clover can stop him?
In normal-mode or psycho-mode? :v:

VVV: Thank you for this mental image :3:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 4, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
"Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you, you can't go through a Chromatic Door you've already gone through."

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Why oh why didn't we get the recording of Zero3 going "waah waah I'll miss you guys JUST KIDDING"? :(

VVV: Welp, I thought that one got cut off earlier. Never mind then, I'm a stupid bird.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 7, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Holy gently caress. :aaaaa:

The "actual Zero" is actually a decoy. The true Zero is Zero III, being the sole survivor from the rabbit hutch of 999. The rabbit massacre was actually the previous Nonary Game, organized by June.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leveling posted:

Through that would mean Quark and Sigma are the true Zero. :tinfoil:
It's obvious; Sigma underwent hypnosis or something to forget the Zero-relevant memories, and Quark is the controller and his hat is actually a brainwash device so he acts naturally. Make him take it off and see what happens.

ed: Except we can't do that because as Zero we have our behavioral paths programmed beforehand. This is all a game :tinfoil:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
And now we see Alice's evil face.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Luna is great, she's one for being adorable and making lewd suggestions without actually being aware of it.

I love her character, she's a ditsy nice girl and it's adorable :3:
Which means there's a 95% chance of her being actually creepy/murderous/entirely different from what we've seen.

As for K grabbing the key and escaping, I don't think we've told him how exactly his armor lock looks like.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

lotus circle posted:

They didn't explicitly describe what the hole looks like, but he's aware of where it is.
That's what I was talking about. Is he going to check each and every key in his head, possibly risking permanent injury (who knows, if the suit was made to trap the occupant it may be secured - turn left, then right, it opens, any other combination fries your brain :tinfoil:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Green Intern posted:

Gaulems would be perfect dressed up as French Maids :v:
Think bigger. A set of Gaulems dressed up as the cast of VLR. Except K, K is played by Seven :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Poulpe posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if Sigma is human after all.
Same here... Is an ABT-ed Gaulem aware that it's not human?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Oh come on. Phi is actually a Gaulem, so her looking like she's 13 is perfectly normal. So is not willing to pursue the "Gaulems might be in the middle of our group" line of thought.

(I do not know for sure whether she's actually a Gaulem in this timeline)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Clearly someone caught Alice cutting spaghetti and did the only right thing. Mystery solved.

VVV: It doesn't fit on a noodle :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 1, 2013

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

But did he really think it was a good idea opting to further upset the already distraught (and possibly homicidal) girl?
On the other hand, we know that Clover has psychotic tendencies, so I have precisely zero trust for her. I'd assume she's gonna hit betray.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Color Printer posted:

EDIT: vvv I'm not really arguing that she won't, I'm just saying "psychotic tendencies" just sounds like a really funny label. One incident does not a tendency make.
When it comes to murders, I'm perfectly fine with stereotyping after one "accident". Should've thought of it first :colbert:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Or seems to be.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

But last time, the golem we met got that special announcement about some unauthorized process, etc. before he got shut down, here there was no warning whatsoever.
Remember that G-0LM had some awareness of/access to the system. Sigma has none (if he's a Gaulem).

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

unfair posted:

Also it makes me suspicious when games present you with things like "016" - I have to assume it's either "dio" mirrored, or "910" upside down.

It's actually qi0 - "Quark is Zero".

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fedule posted:

Be very careful when discussing this change.
Hey people Myrmidons/Claydolls means Gaulems! :haw:

Poulpe posted:

We're uh.. remarkably low on suspects here guys.
I assume everyone ignoring the giant bunny mascot that's also the mouthpiece of the game's villain is all part of the act?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

Now I want the entire cast to be characters from Wind Waker.
I'll be very angry if this doesn't happen. Do the rest of them, tiistai!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So, how does that plot tree even work? Do we have access to the morphic field from the start, so we can now take another route, learn the password even if we die in the process, then "reload" the password stage when we got stuck, enter the proper login/password and continue on?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

theshim posted:

In short my problem is that Akane has to receive information that she cannot receive without dying and causing a paradox.
Not sure what the problem is. The timeline in which she dies is a different one. Now, if she asked Akane-in-the-future (from the same timeline) who has already solved a certain problem for the solution and used it, bootstrapping herself to the future-Akane level and bypassing the search for solution (and the creation of Akane-knowing-the-solution) entirely, now that might be a bit of a paradox.

...still, stranger things happen. You're just living in a boring part of the multiverse :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Zoe posted:

Fedule, post one screenshot per update.
And one update every five minutes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And it's rather odd they're calling Ace/Hongou "Mr. H". Isn't it safe to spoil 999 in-game considering that Clover is alive and well here?

No, because they'd have to spoil "Mr. K" as well :v:

(I bet K's suit is actually something to prevent a vector of Rad-6 from spreading it around)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Zoe posted:

I have platinum, but 'Remember' and '11' are an annoyingly generic pair of words when you're trying to search for them...
Wait, you can search in archives?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
No, I'm Santa.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
It's not Sigma's turn yet. This time, Junpei is Zero.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Quick, grab Quark's hat while nobody's looking!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

curiousCat posted:

I smile a lot in stressful situations. It's not that weird, people.
Maybe because you're not a known axe murderer?

(or are you? :ohdear: )

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So, we have a chance to gently caress over both Dio AND Quark in the next vote? Deal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

CandyCrazy posted:

Well, Ace Attorney 5 came out for the 3DS just last week, and its crossover with Professor Layton is coming over next year as well.
Welp, gently caress my wallet then.

VVV: So do I want a good system with some flaws, or a system with no good games that might serve as a bad tablet? If it's anything like the DS vs PSP, I'll pass on the Vita.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 2, 2013

• Locked thread