Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Just finished reading through the existing parts of this LP. Great job so far, Fedule! Looking forward to the rest!

Also

Fedule posted:

Floor A and Floor B

As a Swede, I approve of this file :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Robindaybird posted:

This is helping me cement that Sigma is a far better protagonist then Junpei ever was. He's not being a creeper and he's actually gives a drat about what's happening to everyone.

I don't know, I'm pretty sure he could be considered a bit creepy during the elevator escape in the beginning...

Fedule posted:

You like kids?

Yeah, I guess so.

There some guy you're planning on making some with?

H-Hey! No, there is not!

I see.

Make one what?

A baby.

O-Ow...

You stay away from me, all right?!
Don't even think about doing anything!

Yeah, of course... I was just joking.

On another note, this LP made me want the game, so I just ordered it. Amazon UK has it for about £20 now :)

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like the whole "you're... old" part with Alice and Tenmyouji

Pierzak posted:

I'd prefer an audio LP, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm thinking screenshot LP myself :D

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

It's a BOMB!

Robindaybird posted:

it's like the classic college prank: Get three pigs, label them 1, 2, and 4 and set them free on campus. Then watch as everyone looks for the nonexistent pig #3

I wish I had known about this prank while still i college. Sounds rather entertaining :cheeky:

Color Printer posted:

As someone who bought this game explicitly because of this LP (and then was unable to play it for months because of a series of lovely events with even shittier timing but you know i'm not bitter or anything) and is (finally) currently in the process of playing it you should totally loving buy this game if you're enjoying the LP. It's that good.

even if some of the puzzles or puzzle rooms aren't the greatest
Same here, except I could play it pretty much right away. And yeah, you should all buy it if possible. It's pretty great, even if the EU version only has the Japanese voices :bang:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

Seek a door that carries a q

I never thought of that before :vince:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Collapses I discovered this thread literally 2 days ago and finally reached the end! I'm kind of glad that I arrived at this point because I have played this game before and I don't really have to worry about spoiling.

However, there is something that I do want to bring up. When I first played the game, I had no idea it was the second in a trilogy. I had never heard of 999. So I went into this game completely blind. The story was great and I really enjoyed playing, but there were a few reveals that didn't really matter to me, such as with Tenmyoji with Akane's picture. I honestly thought it was character background, not earlier game background.

Anyways, my question is this; how many people played 999 before VLR, and do you feel that colored your playthrough more than it would have if you'd gone in blind like I did?

Also, great job with this playthrough, Fedule! Congrats on making it this far!

I did play 999 before this and it did make some things more interesting with Tenmyouji while also making the minor changes to Clover and the whole "no, Alice is actually just some random person" bit a touch annoying to me.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Super Jay Mann posted:

Look if a quadrillionaire Scottish duck can just waltz onto the moon like nothing then I have no qualms believing that we could be on the moon as well. :colbert:

All it takes is a good soundtrack, really

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I just got it, oh god it took me close to five years to figure out the thread title was a loving rabbit pun

Well, you carrot hop to unsee it now.

Bofast fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Feb 28, 2018

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This reveal was so good when I ran into it in the game :allears:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rune Full Moon posted:

If I could figure out how to quote dead/inactive threads, I would absolutely quote the section of the library in the 999 LP where basically the entire mechanics behind this game were foreshadowed.

Barring that: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527266&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=55#post415226905 The titles of the books Junpei reads off at the beginning of the room.

I had completely forgotten that part. That is neat

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

daermon posted:

Just popping in to say I bought an account so I could continue reading this LP.

Loving it.

Welcome, new friend

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thanks, Fedule, for a really good job LP-ing this gem. I am one of the people who picked it up for myself after a few months of the LP and loved it to bits, but still kept coming back to see the reactions of others.

Onmi posted:

So after finishing this LP I've binged on ZTD... I don't know how to adequately explain my feelings which are the equivalent of nodding sagely while throwing a table across the room.

Sounds about right, yeah. It's... difficult to describe.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Color Printer posted:

Go ahead and remove it. It was never meant to be. Life is, as they say, simply unfair.

Just remember that in a different timeline, perhaps your chart went northeast instead and made it through just fine :unsmith:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rith posted:

While this thread's bumped, it may be of interest to anyone unaware that Heckspawn has just started a Let's Play of Zero Time Dilemma, which should be fun. I don't think it's the best game in the series, necessarily, but it's my personal favourite.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fedule posted:

Did you ever think you'd see this day

I'll give it a day or two before I hit that good ol' lock button and we finally bid this thread farewell.

Congrats on a finished (and good) LP!

• Locked thread