Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Well this LP looks like it's going to be absurdly high-effort. Having just played through 999 earlier this year, consider me hooked already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

After spending a whole game with June, New Girl is OK in my book.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
I guess they were worried that Lotus's outfit just wasn't skimpy enough in the last game.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
I do think it's a good idea not to take Zero III at face value when it claims to be an AI.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Luna/Magenta.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Another tricky element to the game is that the reward for high numbers and the penalty for low numbers aren't equivalent.

Gain points: Closer to escaping, but we don't know how much closer, since it hasn't been stated (unless I missed it) how many rounds there are going to be. Gaining points slowly and steadily could be a viable strategy, or it could be suicide.

Lose points: Death.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
I don't know how, but I can't shake the feeling that K checking his bracelet is important, given that Phi specifically mentioned him doing it.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Color Printer posted:

There are a lot of questions that just keep piling up here. I thought some of them would be answered, like what's under K's suit, but nope.

The real question is how many answers will we get by the end? :ohdear:

From my experience with 999, I'm guessing zero, with our untimely demise within the next two updates.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
So unless I'm forgetting one of the AB Game Rules, it seems to me like the winning strategy is this:

1. Gather everyone in one place.
2. Nobody goes into the AB Rooms.
3. If somebody tries to go into the AB Rooms, hold them down by force.
4. Everyone automatically Allies due to absence.
5. Everyone gets +2 points with no chance to betray.
6. Repeat 3 times.
7. Everyone leaves.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Dang. Still, a bit of mob justice seems like it'd do the trick: Six people stay behind and send the other three to vote Ally, promising to beat the poo poo out of them if they Betray. K isn't allowed to be his group's voter because he's too hard to injure.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
If we were on the moon, wouldn't the gravity difference be extremely obvious and apparent to everyone here? Everything would feel and move differently. I'm seriously going to be mad if it turns out that nine people somehow didn't notice that they were in 1/6th Earth gravity for five hours.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Onmi posted:

Also the "Possibly the Moon" stuff that people speculated. but honestly that almost feels like "On the gigantic" to me, more than likely, artificial lower gravity... What? It's nowhere NEAR the most unrealistic thing in the Zero Escape games.

I'm going to be so mad if the big twist of this game was that we all somehow walked around this facility for hours without anyone realizing that we were in one-sixth Earth gravity.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
I still refuse to entertain the notion that nobody noticed for the past 20 hours that we're in one-sixth Earth's gravity, and if that turns out to be the twist with no further explanation, I am going to lose all suspension of disbelief.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

ApplesandOranges posted:

No reason why we couldn't be on the moon if something had happened on Earth that could have caused it to appear red.

Nobody has accidentally stumbled awkwardly and careened across the room due to trying to run in one-sixth Earth's gravity. Nobody has noticed that anything that falls takes an order of magnitude longer than normal to get there, or that the slightest effort can launch us towards the ceiling of any room. Nearly every aspect of moving and experiencing the world around us would be different if we were secretly on the moon.

There are so many reasons we shouldn't be on the moon that I'm astounded that we're still even discussing it.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

I consider this a total victory for the anti-moon party.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

I do not understand why we're still arguing about what planet we're on.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
Third letter makes the message CQD.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Onmi posted:

Then why did everyone join a suicide party in Clovers ending?

I'm only half joking when I theorize that every single character is secretly a robot.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Jagged Jim posted:

So we have met Zero and... he's not one of us.

That loving Rabbit! :argh:

Unless the hologram we're talking to is a fake image and voice being used to convey information from one of us. Just like Zero III, but with less rabbit puns.

e: or that guy is wearing a giant robot suit that makes seeing his face impossible

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 2, 2015

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
More to the point, is there another youtube LP that's less annoying than that one?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
So I was looking at an older part of the LP, specifically the archives monologue, and I really can't figure out how it makes any sense. If I'm following it right, the logic goes like this:

• If Sigma chooses A, then Phi chose B.
  • If Sigma chooses B, then Phi chose A.
  • Phi chose a minute before Sigma.
  • Therefore, Sigma's actions in the future are changing the past.

There are so many things I want to fight here!

Why do we think Sigma's choice is the one resolving Phi's choice? Why can't Phi's choice be resolving Sigma's choice? Why is Phi talking as if she has no agency in her own decisions?

Why does Sigma choosing X change the past to make Phi choose Y? What's the mechanism causing the change? Why is the result always opposing votes?

If Phi and Sigma are both jumping worlds, and there's infinite worlds, why can neither of them jump to a world where they both make the same vote? What's special about these two pairs of outcomes? There's four possible combinations of choices, why are only two accessible?

If we assume that we can only jump to worlds separated by Sigma's decisions, then why do Phi's decisions change? Wouldn't that be based on what jumps Phi makes, not the ones Sigma makes? Why are they locked in opposition?

Why is "Actions in the future are changing actions in the past" the takeaway here? It would be equally 'impossible' if Phi's choice was made second, because the AB Rooms are perfectly isolated, so no information can pass between them. They can make Scrhodinger's Cat analogues, but they don't make any sense here, because the observer in the Schrodinger's Cat experiment has no way to control the outcome. "Opening the box resolves the state of the cat both in the present and in the past" doesn't imply that by opening the box you can control the final state of the cat - you're just switching it from Unknown to Known. But Sigma can control the final state of the catbox that is Phi's AB room, which isn't explained. Why does his vote set Phi's past-vote to the opposite of his vote? What is the trigger for this?

I feel like I'm going insane here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Sentient Data posted:

It could very well be that all possible choices happen, but the viewpoint from our agency only remembers the two most important results. Either the game itself or some omnipotent "soul" are just ignoring the two 'dead end' results because they won't help you achieve the "True" ending (or in the case of an omnipotent non-Sigma shadowy protagonist, the ending it desires)
In which case, Phi's claim that Sigma's choices in the future affect her choices in the past is nonsense, since Sigma is just cherry picking out the choices he looks at arbitrarily, so his choice isn't actually affecting hers at all.

• Locked thread