Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Finally caught up with the thread, having been playing along for the last few weeks with my 3DS version at home. Getting to hear the English voice acting (Nintendo europe :arghfist::saddowns:) and see all the easy dialogue, which seems to cover a lot more funny stuff than just the hints I'd have expected, has been great so far. Playing ahead and making my own terrible decisions is going to be weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The main part I disliked in this room was the nutrition puzzle. It ended up being super-awkward to try to do properly because you needed to juggle 2 archived files, the puzzle input screen and any notes you were keeping, so I ended up trial and erroring it after deducing one of the combinations that required like all salads. Easy mode dialogue continues to amaze (and horrify), I wonder if they made it extra wacky because they knew many people would miss it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Voted the only logical choice :smug:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

We won! :confuoot:

Is this the first time the thread's voted to take a betray path first?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I suspect people voting for things where it's unlikely to lead to anything interesting are like me and wanting to 'clean up' the list by getting the non-options and likely game overs out of the way.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

xeose4 posted:

This game never pretends to be anything but what it is, it goes as far as to call itself "good people die" and presents a pretty morally gray situation throughout it. What's the point in changing things so that the player is always wrong?

Probably because the AB game's structure means that being near-death or near-victory is much more narratively interesting for future story branches than a 0 point double betray tie in the first round would be.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Quark is missing because he's still sleeping in the pod in the treatment center. K's absence on the other hand, is indeed rather curious.

I guess he would have trouble offing himself with a scalpel. Also big thanks to color printer, after playing through the game myself it gets increasingly hard to remember what bits of the game we've yet to do and these charts make keeping track much simpler.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Some people just like to clean up the clutter so the last few updates aren't a million tiny loose ends and non-choices. (Please can we get those obvious non-choices done already, it would make the future polls so much cleaner!)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

MegaZeroX posted:

According to Uchikoshi during Aksys' follow panel "The Art of Localizing Uchi," he said that the fan reaction with Operation Bluebird is what got them to change their mind. So the fan movement actually made a difference!

I looked that thing up a month or two ago and seeing basically zero activity since early 2014 made me assume it wasn't getting much traction and wasn't going to make a difference. Glad to have been proved wrong

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Ha ha! I died again!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Danaru posted:

I really wish the DR2 LP didn't get cancelled, I don't want to get a vita for one game regardless of how much I enjoyed the first :smith:

I'm probably going to pick up a PSTV for it eventually once I clear some more of my steam backlog

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

I'm probably going to pick up a PSTV for it eventually once I clear some more of my steam backlog

I finally went and did this. :toot:

I blame Fedule

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Shieldhill posted:

Schrödinger's cat?

I think we can rule this out; Sigma would have been making way more cat puns

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The obvious gameplay reason is not repeating a puzzle room on different routes, but yeah they're false choices that get a line or two of dialogue before forcing you into one of the other options/making you choose again. Glad they're not cluttering up the polls anymore.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

If they don't kill you for failing to escape in time what's the point, really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Thanks for the LP Fedule. I ended up buying this game years ago while following along with the LP and while ZTD still was nothing but a futile hope in the minds of fans. Grabbed ZTD on steam day 1 and don't regret it at all. Far from perfect but there's really nothing else quite like it.

• Locked thread