Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears that all the characters are using there real names this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Edit: Beaten to it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

....No, you've lost me. Besides, Jay Mann had a good point. This is already established to be a year after 999.

It was?

I think it does take place after but did anything say it did.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lotus circle posted:

The 999 Q&A says the game is set in 2027. The very first image on the very first update gives us the date the game takes place in.

Ah I missed that. Ok now everything makes sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wild Knight posted:

What's so weird about the idea that Alice was gassed and abducted just like everyone else for a new Nonary Game a year after 999? Let's try a little Occam's Razor here.

Its not. The Weird idea was that she was gassed and abducted before 999 then this game takes place during 999 and she gets out and hitchhikes upon seeing the 999 cast escape. (Which will not work because the date is wrong and Clover is here.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yellow for Tenmyouji.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Changing vote to Alice. From Tenmyouji.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kgummy posted:

I'll vote Cyan/Alice.

The more I think about it, the more I'm not certain this Clover is the same one as the one in 999. It could be a side effect of the art style transition, but the tattoo under her right eye is rather different. It's an actual clover, instead of three white circles. Unless she still has them, and it's just nigh impossible to see. Maybe a twist where she has Clover's memories/knows the real Clover? Or the Morpho field thing.

As for our robotic friend, if they are someone from 999, then maybe K is just part of their name? Which would be June/Akane Kurashiki or Lotus/Kashiwabara. I doubt he'd be Mr. 9, since he's dead and all. I doubt that he'd have some sort of memory backup, as well.

He could be related to Phi somehow, considering they both did super jumps.

Though the 'K' reveal gave me a bit of a jump.

She has the circles still

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

beru04 posted:

Yeah, that was my basic assumption.

One more thing I'm wondering, I may have missed something previously, but why does Sigma say that if they don't vote then it'll automatically vote for Ally? I didn't see any mention of that from Zero III.

The announcer said that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Another problem is that no one knew what the game was until they got into the room. So they could not all just agree to ally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

His idea, assume no limit on matches played.
"A, ally this round, B will betray you."
result: A at 1, B at 6.
"B, ally this round, A will betray you"
B at 4, A at 4, net gain 1 over start.

The idea here is that if you say "A and B, ally" then everyone gets out faster, but A and B can each individually gain if they switch. This method designates whose turn it is to get screwed over, so it's more resistant to sudden twists. If A is supposed to ally and betrays instead, B does not gain but he does not lose, and the round repeats. If B is supposed to betray and decides to be trusting, both folks gain in a pleasant surprise.

Since advancement is uneven, it relies on whichever one hits 9 first not leaving through the door. It also requires fully rational actors (though less reliant on that than the "everyone pick Ally" method, which requires rational and group-focused). Once someone starts deviating, everything breaks down anyway.

but because it's slower someone else leaves having gotten 9.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Medieval Medic posted:

It is interesting that the people who were by themselves all chose to Ally, and the people in pairs except for us all chose Betray. At least we know now that for the next rounds we can ally with any of the current loners.

But would they risk it because if they ally and are betrayed they can die.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Carlioo posted:

Something tells me that Dio bullied Quark into betraying Tenmyouji. But then again, this is the series where on of the endings had a child become a axe murderer...

Also it's good to know that Luna isn't some sort of hidden rear end in a top hat and actually trusts us :v:

She was 18 so not a child.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Color Printer posted:

She was really only ever quiet when she thought her brother had died from internal explosions. Other than that she was as vocal as most of the others.

I also don't know if I would call her the "nicest" of the bunch. Except maybe in the True Ending, when you know, Snake was revealed to be alive.

Wrong character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Terper posted:

^^ Blue, cyan, whatever.

Ah, right. Didn't notice.
So, uh... who do you people want us to team up with?

If the colors and pairs did change no clue.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zoe posted:

I have to say this game isn't doing Clover any favors, she was sooo much more likeable in 999.

How so? She really does not seem to be different personality wise.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

She's a lot less intelligent. In the first game, Clover doesn't let anything slip about her connection to the Nonary Game until she's absolutely certain that she can trust Junpei.

In this game, she's already mentioned that she and Alice are a part of an "organization", which only makes her sound more suspicious than she may have been initially given her comments about the fact the Nonary Game was supposed to be over.

Well she was kind of depressed over her supposed dead brother in the first game. She is acting the same as she did when he was alive really. (She was always kind of thick in the last game)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So 3rd time with Luna huh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

The games continue until somebody opens the door. Just lock anyone above 9 in a closet until it's time to go through the colored doors.

The problem is that one of them might not want to wait. (Dio I am guessing)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bruceski posted:

That's why you lock them in a closet.

K and Dio don't look very weak and if one of them runs over to the level before anyone can stop and pulls the lever it will force people out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If Dio does have something with him in that picture I think he may have taken the Knife. With two corpses I am guessing he would want something to protect himself.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Username is Zero Password is Zerorules

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Speedball posted:

Hee hee hee hee.

If they hadn't gone with "Virtue's Last Reward" I think a good title approximation would have been "The good die first."

The title back in japan was Good People Die.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We should pair up with Dio next round. Then we would see if he is willing to betray and kill someone and not bullshitting like everyone (including me) thinks he is.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I still want to Team up with Dio because it should be entertaining even if he does back stab us.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
come on people give Dio 8 more votes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Now Dio is leading thanks people who voted.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Go Team Dio win out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yes Dio won I am happy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zoe posted:

Wow, Dio is managing to act somewhat like a decent human being.

Or maybe it's just the fact that he's not making puns that makes him look good in comparison.

...I just don't know what it is about Clover in this game, but every time I see her she just infuriates me. I wish we really could smack that ditzy smile right off her face. And she was so awesome in the last game. :(

Right now, all I can think is she's either the worst secret agent that ever existed...or this is all an act and she's actually the best.

You do know that she made horrible puns in the last game and thought they were great as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shei-kun posted:

Wow. Dio's actually much more tactful in the English dialogue. He flat out asks Sigma, "Is she an idiot?" in Japanese.

Still, Clover's puns are rather bad. And by that I mean physically painful.

He just asked Sigma if she was retarded. I think thats a tad harsher then idiot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Endorph posted:

Hey, is quoting every single person who said anything that turned out to be wrong and going 'neener neener neener' really fun or interesting for anyone? Legitimate question.

Anyway, I don't think Dio's going to pick 'betray', just because it'd be blatantly obvious to everyone involved that he killed Sigma. More than that, Clover would probably tell everyone about the Axelavir. Considering he killed one dude (who everyone was pretty cool with) and used a kid's life as leverage, he'd be well on his way to triple-killed city. Or at the very least, everyone would be keeping him on a ridiculous short leash. Like, tying him up and dragging him through the puzzle rooms. That short of a leash.

If he successfully betrays he escapes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly I expect Dio to keep his word in both cases. But he is totally going to betray and kill Sigma.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kay Kessler posted:

I really wanted to see Dio go up against Luna in this round. Luna's a pair, so he wouldn't have anyone to blame the betrayal on but himself. I wanna see how he fares against Luna's guilt trip.

He won't have anyone to blame the betrayal on but himself this round as well. Added on he does not really need to justify himself as he can just escape.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ramengank posted:

Do you even remember the previous update? K and Alice both knew that Tenmyouji stayed behind to look after Quark and would auto-ally. Therefore K or Alice chose Betray knowing they'd both get an easy 3 points. Also note that Tenmyouji won't die if he's betrayed. He's pretty safe at 6 4 points.

Alice said she was not going to betray because that would give K 9 points. They tied to get K to stay behind so he would not betray but he clearly lied that he would not backstab.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah the decision probably didn't matter, we were screwed the second K got into a situation where he wasn't a 100% sure the opposing part would vote ally.

No K was 100% sure his opponent would choose ally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ApplesandOranges posted:

My main argument against a 3DS is that it feels a lot clunkier especially when compared to a Vita or even a regular DS. Maybe it was just mine but it just doesn't fit my hands as comfortably.

Otherwise, I feel the 3DS has better games. I did get the Vita just for P4G, however.

I have an XL so I don't have that problem.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ApplesandOranges posted:

The 'best' scenario would be if just the solos vote for three rounds and they all pick Ally. Then everyone gets out in three rounds.

The Problem is the first round. They don't learn the rules until they are locked in the AB room and have to make a choice there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Extra Koos posted:

Thank you. I didn't read the first post, so I missed the ToC.

Yeah do that in the future before posting questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I still can't see how she changed. She seems to be the same.

• Locked thread