Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
I imagine we will have a puntastic journey up ahead.

It is interesting how we have two people with 3 bracelets that says "pair" on it. I can see two possibilities:

1. There are nine pairs of people in the game (unlikely since the cast would be really large);
2. The bracelet will only show the combined digital root when two or more people are in the same room, and the word is a reminder of the number of people in the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
I hate to be the guy, but this Clover doesn't really look like the one in 999, and neither Snake nor Clover mentioned anything similar throughout 999.

As an aside, since Alice appears at the true end of 999, it implies two things:

1. VLR occurs before or at the same time as 999; and
2. Alice will be alive at the true end of VLR (it would be a paradox if the true end in one game does not happen in another game of the same series).

I would even go as far as proclaiming that Alice is not (one of) the mastermind of VLR - anyone capable constructing such an elaborate death trap would most likely have a convenient escape route rather than randomly leaving him/herself in a desert alone.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

Wait, why would we make the assumption that VLR doesn't take place after 999?

Have you tried walking in a desert donning Alice's clothing? :v:

Jeek fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 26, 2013

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

What does that have to do with anything?
It is not something you want to wear in a desert. This implies that Alice does not intend to be in the desert in the end of 999, i.e. she escapes VLR and runs right into the 999 survivor's jeep.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

me posted:

Stupid idea

everyone else posted:

You are stupid

D'oh. At least everyone will now know that I know nothing spoilery about VLR (and that I can't read). V:v:V

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Given the twists and the final scene of the previous game, there doesn't actually appear to be any limits to what is plausible (a bad thing). The robot guy could be Wyatt Earp pulled through time and transplanted into a robot body for all we know.

I'm betting that the masked guy is Monobear in a nice robot suit.

See, fedule is the LPer for this game and orenronen is responding and- :downs::hf::tinfoil:

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
I do hope that VLR is fairer than DR like hyphz has mentioned. The latter's ending pissed me off to no ends when I was spoiled to it.

And the masterminds of these death games need to stop throwing themselves in as a player. It is simply suicidal at this point.

Please never stop posting things like this. :3:

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Let's go through the yellow door. Tenmyouji seems like a cool person.

EDIT: He is still cool but I don't want to waste my vote. Please disregard this post and see my new vote on a later page.

Jeek fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 29, 2013

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

JamesB posted:

I'd like to see what's up with Tenmyouji, but I don't want to waste my vote...
Same here. I am changing my vote to Magenta/Luna.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
Hey guys, I found a major spoiler to both VLR and DR2 thanks to this little image I stumbled upon while messing with GIMP today:

Guess it is time for me to stop speculating on both LPs now. :shobon:

Sorry for the :effort:

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Bruceski posted:

"Why are you freaking out Sigma? We ALL have corpses in our rooms. Don't you know how the AB game is played?"

I guess Phi is just efficient in hiding bodies then. :v:

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
It must be noted that the Ambidex Game will most likely be repeated, which makes the optimal strategy different from a one-off Prisoner's Dilemma. A quick Google search suggests that a "tit for tat" strategy (ally on first turn and copy your opponent's last move) is effective in such a case, which is a also strategy to be expected from a virtueous person.

Virtue is Last Reward indeed.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

curiousCat posted:

Tit for tat only works if you have repeated conflict against the same person or group.

I can give a game theory lecture if it's wanted since I'm majoring in it.

But the protagonist will be constantly dealing with the same group of eight persons throughout the game, right? :downs: And I do love a lecture on game theory as it is always fun to learn new stuff.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

mateo360 posted:

How could anyone want to betray Luna. She seems so nice and quiet.

You know who else was nice and quiet and ended up being the mastermind who threw nine other person into a little murder game for a stupid time loop's sake? :v:

Jeek fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 4, 2013

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, the question is, do you trust the other prisoner enough to not rat you out and increase your jail time? Or do you both trying to rat each other out and cause your sentence to double?

Kinfolk's argument still holds though. With both being criminals, the choice is actually between two years of jail time and getting shanked after four years.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012
If we go with 999's tradition, the true ending would most likely be one where we will solve puzzles with all other eight persons.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Color Printer posted:

He only managed to get it off because he crushed his prosthetic arm a bit. Junpei definitely also tried to get his off in the beginning. Them being securely attached was real; the detonator was false. (Jury's still out on whether or not there were actually any bombs in their intestines, though.)

Considering that June's goal is to get all the innocent participants out safely, she would have no incentive to place bombs in their intestines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And the fact this death trap has edible food makes it seem far less menacing than the first one!

It sounds more like an implication of how bad things get outside of the death trap.

• Locked thread