Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Ooh, I've been waiting for this since our 999 fix came to an end! :allears:
I really hope we get some explanations about that mummy!

I was a bit confused by a couple things in the OP though:

quote:

'I'm working on a sequel to 999. I'll let you handle the localization if you promise to stop abbreviating every god-damned number in dialogue.'
Abbreviating numbers? :confused:

And it's just me being picky: but I had no idea what was going to be dual about the audio. Even reread the paragraph a few times. Only when I read the actual update I got that it meant including the Japanese VA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I hate the stupid cartoon rabbit thing, I hate that it's an AI. We're about three updates in and it's already gone all Dangan Ronpa on us. :smith:

Maybe it was stupid to hope that the game would be a little less crazy and less anime than 999?

EDIT: To elaborate a little more, 999 gave us a fairly normal cast of people in an odd situation with a (seemingly) comprehensible mystery. The crazy AI stuff means we have no idea of the internal logic here. And instead of an amnesiac but seemingly normal and relateable guy like Seven, we have some crazy robot dude? There's nothing to ground any of it so far and I am thoroughly un-invested in the story.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 27, 2013

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Well, I'm starting to like Mr. Sigma. And I sort of like the nice lady we allied with.

Still don't care about the rest and would be happy to see the tight-lipped Phi meet a grisly demise.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
016 upside down is 910, which is 999+1! :tinfoil:

(This probably means nothing, but it was my actual thought process)

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Guys, how are you not just betraying everyone? They're all clearly liars and horrible people. Let's just be in it to win it!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I do not understand why goons keep picking ally with these terrible, terrible people. They are not worth the benefit of the doubt.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Fedule posted:

cd ~/cyan/ally/blue/betray
Betray Alice after escaping the Garden

cd ~/cyan/betray
Betray Alice after escaping the Crew Quarters[/i]
Sorry, I'm slightly lost about places. The first one of these two is what I want to vote for if we're just going back to the last decision (and making the CORRECT choice, this time!), right?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
This honestly only makes me hate her more.

Anyway, Sigma just got more points, right? Screw all of them. We did the right thing.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm just hoping there's a good explanation for all this. But also that we kill them all and win.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm curious to see what happens if we try and kill anyone, but I'm too dumb to figure out what choice would most likely lead to Alice losing her point - if any.

EdgeryWorthy posted:

I just think it's funny that we all expect everyone to be as caring and nice as Luna and harshly judge someone like Alice, when almost anyone in this thread would be freaked out and be looking out for themselves if put into this situation like this in real life.
There's a pretty thick line between "looking out for yourself" and "remorseless murder".

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
So I'm working on this story based game, a character piece and a pretty serious sci-fi thriller. We just finished the part where a professionally trained secret agent tells the protagonist that terrorists might have launched an attack with a biological weapon. Do you want to see a screenshot?

quote:

Wondering if Sigma committed suicide from the horror of that (weeeeak) or if he was actually, like, possessed to do that. Also kinda wondering how Phi went from stunned silence (?) to dead in the murder room. [EDIT: oh uhh, I might have completely forgotten how Radical 6 works. Never mind.]

Also kinda weird how Clover went through the whole 999 adventure which heavily hinted at a frozen Egyptian priestess called Alice and then JUST COINCIDENTALLY happened to pass a secret agent also called Alice who looks just like the frozen Egyptian priestess and dresses like a stripper at an Egyptian themed party.

And boy, the group sure was effective at stopping Sigma from going through the door, huh? Funny how they haven't been that effective with anyone or anything else. But they can totally use the power of teamwork and physical prowess when they need to frustrate the player!

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 18, 2015

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I usually want to Betray because gently caress all of these people, but just to specifically spite Clover, who has managed to be an awful character for not one but two games, I'll go with Ally.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Well for one thing, I only just noticed the high heels.

And I thought her outfit in THIS game was insultingly terrible and dumb.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Sorry if this isn't the place to ask, but what actually happened to the Dangan Ronpa 2 thread? I didn't like the first much (although obviously props to orenoren for the work he put in) so I didn't bother with the second, but the groundswell of popularity those threads had was fascinating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I really would like the game more if it was MORE linear and had fewer branches that just waste your time with "and then you lost and everyone died or whatever."

It's basically just a really time consuming game over.

• Locked thread