Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

...wait...

...OK, is it just me or do these two look MIGHTY SIMILAR? Could also be the art style, but still. :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

We're already deep in a rabbit hole. Best course of action is to follow Alice.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ever since this thread started I've been waiting for someone to photoshop Zero III into one of those images where Monobear punches Monomi.

Don't disappoint me. :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

Soon as we get out of here I can drink all the scotch I want.
And you can drink all the root beer floats you can stomach.

What?! You're gonna get me a root beer float?!
But... Are... are you sure? Do you have enough money...?

Oh, ye of little faith...
I found an old factory full of rare earth metals the other day...

...?

..."found" an old factory full of rare earth minerals? What, has the apocalypse happened or something?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

drat it Fedule, at this rate you might even SURPASS orenroren in the "sadistic cliffhanger" department. :argh:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Elite posted:

He's hiding that he's been infected with Radical-6, or as it's known more colloquially - the "Giraffe Neck Virus".

Compelling evidence:

No, that would be Modigliani's Disease. (NSFW due to artistic nudity)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 10, 2013

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

If I ever make an iOS game, I will include a fake 99 dollar IAP that just pops up a window with links to compulsive shopping support groups.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Poulpe posted:

Why is Dio's bracelet still on? Isn't it supposed to fall off after you've died?
HE'S FAKING! BE CAREFUL SIGMA AND PHI! :tinfoil:

...OK, if it turns out Dio had used the silly "blade tucked underneath the arm trick" and suddenly gets up and kills them, I will dub this the Greatest Game of All Time.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Login: admin
Password: password

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Ghostwoods posted:

Yeah, that leapt out at me, too. Magnets and lasers, right? Strange substance for someone to suddenly think of...

Well Neodymium is in the group of Rare earth elements and on the previous play through he did mention a rare earth processing plant he "found".

...I said it before and I'll say it again, outside of a post collapse situation, I don't see how you can FIND such a place or have "rare earth element scavenger" as a career choice.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Well...

...that got pretty dark. I know this is a game about murder but "child psychosis and attempted suicide" is something I didn't expect to be on the menu. :stare:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Additionally, now I can post that image I have!

The only thing that would make this image even better is having the instrumental bits of "Take On Me" looping in the background.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

SingerOfW posted:

Oh, if only Axelavir was in a plastic bottle instead of a glass one, things would've been so much easier: the fastest way to destroy it would've required opening the cap, and that takes long enough to take it out of this Dio's hands.

Alas, this entire twist is like broken glass: you get cut before you see it. :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

I just realized that K's got 9 BP now. Even if we picked betray, there's a chance we would have gotten a Game Over anyway. It all depends on what K would have done.

As the Soporil starts taking effect, the last thing Sigma sees is K bitch slapping the poo poo out of Dio after they both bolted towards the door.

Best...death...ever...

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Oh god, it's the stupid as hell antimatter "bomb" from Angels and Demons.

I swear, if this game ends with Sigma jumping from a helicopter using a WINDSHIELD COVER as a parachute and SURVIVING...

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Overflight posted:

Oh god, it's the stupid as hell antimatter "bomb" from Angels and Demons.

...I can't believe I actually guessed the nature of the bomb by making a lame joke.

...please tell me the developers didn't steal the idea from loving DAN BROWN.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Dec 13, 2013

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Roboto posted:

Star Trek's been using antimatter/X matter as the big explodey power for decades. If anything, Brown copied Trek.

It wasn't the concept of an antimatter bomb itself but rather the "drop of antimatter suspended by a magnetic field in the center of a transparent cylinder" format of the bomb that made me think of Angels and Demons. Though I wouldn't be surprised if some other superior work had featured that exact same design as well.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 13, 2013

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Clover is....Clover is just dumb. Like, colossally thick. Thank goodness, the other three women are fairly smart, but goddamn, Clover. If she's supposed to be a spy, her spy agency must be ISIS.

Alice. Alice. Alice! AAAAAAALIIIIIIIIIIICE!
WHAT?
Danger zooooooone...

(Couldn't resist)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Dec 17, 2013

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

You are totally right, this is why I shouldn't impulse post. Fixed it.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

And that's counting Maxwell Smart and Inspector Gadget.

Don't forget Sterling Archer and Cyril Figgis.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

If it is what Luna thinks, it should be pretty simple.
There's going to be a bunch of matter and antimatter in there -- probably hydrogen and antihydrogen -- bumping into one another.
When they do they annihilate one another -- that's where you get the name -- and release a bunch of energy. You can actually calculate how much energy by taking the mass defect and--

Gah! Stop! Too complicated!

...what are you getting a PhD in again, Sigma?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Carlioo posted:

I think there's gonna be some plot-lock with Phi blocking the door and Zigma going "well poo poo, I can't get past her. - HOW DO WE GET PAST PHI". I mean, a game over would be nice and this is probably the closest we are gonna get to one.

Unless Zigma decides to stay behind. Please don't Zigma :ohdear:

I feel kind of bad for SORT of making fun of a typo...but I can't resist:

Look, Zigma ! Look in the sky! The planets are on fire! It is just as you prophesied! The planets of our solar system, incinerating! LIKE FLAMING GLOBES, ZIGMA! LIKE FLAMING GLOBES! ... Ah, ha, ha, ha! Zigma!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Spatula City posted:

Is Sigma going to try to leave? I honestly have no idea what happens here. I guess the most likely scenario is one of the group knocks him out preemptively to prevent him from leaving.

Looks like a prime opportunity for Dio to take back the rear end in a top hat crown back from Alice. :v:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Welp, we found our lion eating the sun!

*braces himself for the speculation explosion*

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

How can you be a secret government agent when you're so bad at lying?

I'm not a secret goverment agent!

...said Clover, lying badly.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Which is just more evidence that they work for ISIS.

I have NO trouble imagining Clover and Alice being sent on a mission with the head accountant who proceeds to completely upstage them simply by bothering to read the mission dossier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Sigma knows about Maeterlinck but not DNA bases or the Prisoner's Dilemma.

For someone studying a PhD his knowledge is pretty darn selective.

Well, it is often said that a PhD is someone who studies more and more about less and less...

• Locked thread