Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Fedule posted:

Vita:

+ Multiple save slots!
+ You can take notes in THREE DIFFERENT COLOURS!
+ AICH DEEEEEE
- Taking notes is a pain
- That loving menu prompt is always there

Also add that if you're a European who'd like to hear the English dub, the Vita version's region-free, so importing works!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Seeing as things are looking pretty close, I'll throw in a vote for Luna, as that's the door I first picked when I first played this. I look forward to seeing what everyone thinks of the game!

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Yes that line is added.

I'm pretty sure it isn't. You see it even if you do that route first, I think. I'm thinking this because SGF is streaming some VLR each weekend, and he chose this route first and still got the line, I'm pretty sure. Apologies if I'm mistaken.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Been away from the thread for a bit, but needless to say, I've been waiting for this bit for a while, just to see everyone's reactions. :allears: Such a brilliant "WHAT!?" :argh: moment, that guarantees you'll hate Alice for the rest of time. She dresses stupidly, is a monumental hypocrite, and is generally the worst at all times. :colbert:

I mean, Dio's a dick too, but at least he knows it.

P.S. It's great to see from the poll that there's likely to be some swift retribution coming Alice's way.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

flatluigi posted:

I've been rereading and god, it's been so long since this thread started that I forgot how absolutely nuts our first path through the game was with absolutely everyone ending up dead.

That was why I voted for it, because I did that path initially and thought it was a pretty great one to end up doing first, just because I went through the rest of the game with this foreboding feeling that everything could go horribly wrong and everyone could suddenly turn up dead again at any moment.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

SkuttyB posted:

Sale alert: VLR is just £9.99 on the UK eShop until 6/3, so if youre also here (or else in Europe where its likely similarly priced) and you still havent gotten it yet, theres really no reason not to now, not that there ever was anyway.

Just bear in mind, in case it happens to be a dealbreaker for anybody, the English voice acting's only available on US copies, so you'll only have the Japanese voices if you buy this one. It's more than worth the money regardless, though, and it's not like you have a choice if you'd be getting it on 3DS thanks to the region lock, but hey. :v:

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Fedule posted:

Yeah, the codes don't change when you replay the room, so if you get both codes on Easy there's nothing to stop you from coming back on Hard and just going straight to the safe. In fact, all the codes are generated when you create your savefile so technically there's nothing to stop you from outright cheating. I don't know why you'd bother (since you'd have to beat the puzzles anyway) but you can totally do it.

I think I heard of this going wrong somewhere once. A friend told me about seeing someone online who'd had a blank password generated. As in, one of the solutions for a puzzle room was to enter no symbols at all. The problem was, the game didn't accept this as a valid input, because it wanted you to enter something before you could actually see if the password was correct or not. Since the codes are generated with your savefile, the person had to replay everything.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

dotchan posted:

Considering Phi's track record, she is so not allowed to take a moral high ground on any of the votes.

Since when has that stopped anybody from trying anyway in this game?

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Well this should be interes- ha ha ha yeah right, it'll just be a game over before we get through the door. Dio immediately running for the door does provide Sigma with a good defense for his vote, though.

I'm really surprised that people are pissed off that Phi and Dio voted to betray the ALREADY DEAD person. Dio's an rear end in a top hat, but completely right for once. It's not like Luna can get deader.

I think they're more annoyed that Phi and Dio have 9BP and are planning to leave, not really because they betrayed Luna. As far as they're concerned, if Phi and Dio had allied anyway, most people would have 8 BP and be unable to leave, and there wouldn't be a problem (from their point of view). Never mind the fact that allying in that case would make near to no sense, it just would've resulted in a better situation for them if Phi and Dio had done so.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

But only her? Nobody else has jumped like that

Well, we haven't seen anybody try yet, have we? Nobody's tried to imitate her and failed. Of course, this doesn't invalidate the rest of your argument, but still.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

maswastaken posted:

Why does the moon being red make more sense than the Earth?

Because the moon goes red (to varying degrees) during a lunar eclipse (check it out!), and according to the magazine they found in the lounge(?), there was meant to be a lunar eclipse a few days after Sigma was kidnapped.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

maswastaken posted:

That doesn't answer the question.

Like the guy above said, you'd see a solar eclipse (i.e. an object, in this case the Earth, blocking the sun) if you were to view the Earth from the Moon during a lunar eclipse. The only reason the Moon goes red during a lunar eclipse is because the light from the sun which bounces off the Moon and reaches our eyes is mostly blocked by the Earth, since it's between the Moon and the sun. The only light which does reach us from the Moon first passes through a large stretch of the Earth's atmosphere, which causes the light to scatter. Shorter wavelengths of light (i.e. blueish light) are more likely to be scattered, and so the only light that actually reaches you is of a longer wavelength (i.e. reddish light). Hence the Moon looks red from Earth, but Earth doesn't look red from the Moon.

smenj fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 6, 2014

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Huh, I assumed Dio was just some huge rear end in a top hat but it turns out he was actually the guy who set the bombs.

He is still a huge rear end in a top hat, though. :colbert:

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

lelandjs posted:

I'm probably gonna marathon the game when I get back home

You know, having marathoned a 999 LP, binge-played my way through VLR as soon as I got it, talked to several friends who all did the same thing, and seeing what everyone online says about how they played them, I'm not sure there's any other way to play a Zero Escape game.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

tiistai posted:

Gotta say it still kinda bothers me a little how Tenmyouji and Phi died in pretty weird positions even assuming they slit their own throats.

They were clearly just making themselves comfortable beforehand. The others would've gone and used the medical beds if they'd had any sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Fantastic to see this LP finally reaching the end. Been great to see everyone's reactions to everything over all this time, and sincere thanks to Fedule for the no-doubt gargantuan amount of effort you've put into this thing. Strange to think how long it's been, since I've been following this LP since the beginning.

Since we've all been recently talking about fun bits of foreshadowing that had been missed, here's one that a friend pointed out to me after I'd finished the game back when it came out:

Remember waaaaay back in the Director's Lounge, when you find that Tenmyouji has a picture of Akane? Here's some lines from that room's escape sequence.

Fedule posted:

What are you going to shoot it with, then?

With...mind bullets...

It's called "telekinesis," Sigma.

The original line in the Tenacious D song they're referencing is "That's telekinesis, Kyle".

Fedule posted:

His name is Kyle Klim.
Your clone.

Intentional from the translation team, or a funny little coincidence? I dunno donno, but I'd like to think it's on purpose!

• Locked thread