Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

That second one's not working for me, but that first one's Lotus.

EDIT: Beaten by a hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

unfair posted:

I've been meaning to actually, it's just a lot of content to catch up with - ongoing threads like this are more fun!

You really shouldn't be reading this LP if you haven't read 999 or its LP. A lot of things in this game lose impact and meaning if you haven't.

For an early-game example, Clover and Alice.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

And let us not forget Zero the III's hare-y bunny puns. I can't blame you if you've forcotton, since it has been a while, but the rabbit pace at which he spewed them out has to count fur something.

So that this post doesn't consist solely of terrible puns, I've posted in this thread before, but I figured I should take the time to thank Fedule for reminding me that this game existed. I'd forgotten all about it, despite loving 999, so finding this thread and reading up to the first puzzle room convinced me to make the splurge and buy this game. I'm glad I did too, those cliffhangers are evil. I'm already reading the Dangan Ronpa LP, I'm not sure if I could handle another cliffhanger-happy one.

On the other hand, reading the speculation in this thread is torture in its own way, so let me just say I'm glad someone's doing irony-posts.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 5, 2013

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

She probably just spent too much time around Junpei. I mean, three out of four of the canon route's doors? If she wasn't already making bad puns and jokes back in 999, I'd think those came from him too.

Sure, Science Boy technically never happened, but the mind that produced him was still there.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

I didn't say anything, but this scene is why I was hoping we'd side with Dio this round instead of Tenmyouji, especially when people started thinking he might not be all that bad.

Just to reinforce the point, he's holding a kid's life hostage to force a man to effectively risk committing suicide.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Well, Ace Attorney 5 came out for the 3DS just last week, and its crossover with Professor Layton is coming over next year as well. The 3DS also has Shin Megami Tensei IV, and of course the Nintendo franchises. I don't pay attention to the Vita, so my word's not very reliable, but all I know of is Persona 4, and Dangan Ronpa 1 is supposed to come out sometime next year.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

I don't understand the people who thought allying would lead to an instant bad end when the game was really unsubtle about how that was what it wanted you to do. In particular: Sigma's little monologue about how he's perfectly willing to die if it means improving the odds of saving Quark, and the way he forcibly stopped Clover from hitting betray.

Incidentally, I'd forgotten that Sigma was prepared to strangle Dio to death if he broke his side of the deal. Go Sigma.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 2, 2013

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Endorph posted:

She faked being out of it and snuck into her polling booth when nobody was looking?

EDIT: Also I love how literally everyone betrayed everyone else - not that Tenmyouji and Phi can be blamed for it, since they're both at a 1.

Tenmyouji stayed behind to look after Quark. That was all Dio.

Which actually made betrayal an even safer bet.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

With Dio, he went in expecting a betrayal, and it locks with him trying to think of a way to cheat death.

Here, he's still too busy reeling from a betrayal out of nowhere to think anything beyond "what the gently caress just happened".

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

That rock-paper-scissors scene doesn't happen if you choose to betray Alice first. Instead, Alice slaps Sigma and Phi for betraying, which didn't happen here because of Sigma going nuts.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 11, 2014

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Phi was partnered with Sigma. Alice won't trust her because she didn't stop him from hitting betray (and in fact encouraged it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

EDIT - Oh right, and I saw this

Looks like the rabbit had the last laugh.

That reminds me, remember Tenmyouji's ending, where he went back to the director's office, where the Zero hologram was, to get his photo of Akane, decided to betray Sigma for seemingly no reason (he and Quark had 8 points), and then dropped this line?

Suddenly that betrayal doesn't seem like it was for no reason anymore.

• Locked thread