Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Speedball posted:

So I suppose that in the previous timeline, Clover (or whoever it was that killed Luna) got the turbocurarine from this room as well as the injector gun and used it. The contents of the rooms don't shift between timelines, do they? Who went through the Infirmary originally?

K, Clover and Alice went through the infirmary in the first playthrough. It makes it seem more likely that Clover killed Luna especially given that only those three would have probably known about the injector's presence at all in the infirmary. Granted, K could've stolen the injection gun, but well, it's Clover and we all know about her homicidal tendencies.

Edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Speedball posted:

I wonder if there's some way to keep a person alive even after they've been injected with turbocuarine. They said it kills you by making your muscles relax, including the ones you need to breathe. Could CPR keep you going?

Pretty unlikely. CPR can only go on for so long until the person giving CPR gets tired, especially given how tiring it is doing chest compressions. Also, using the AED would have been useless because tubocurarine would stop the heart beating and the AED will only deliver shocks to particular heart rhythms (i.e. ventricular fibrillations and ventricular tachycardias, not any pulseless rhythms).

Pringles Monster fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 8, 2013

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I thought tubocurarine only affected voluntary muscles, so the heart would keep going. The reason it kills in high doses is because it paralyzes your diaphragm and you stop breathing. Not that that would make the AED any more useful, of course.

Oh yeah, my bad there and I totally agree with you. I must've gotten the impression that the nicotinic receptor also affected the heart muscle too :shobon:.

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Yeah, the article could be a double bluff. I'm really not a fan of "Surprise, while you were sleeping, the apocalypse happened!" stories, though. I find those just too depressing to make me care about the surviving characters.
It might seem like a throwaway line (back when Phi raided the pantry), but it's possible that somehow 100 years has passed and a Radical-6 apocalypse did happen in the meantime. After all, it is a bit strange for manufacturers to claim that their food will expire after 100 years from now, even with things like canned food:

Fedule posted:

So this place has enough food to keep people alive for a few years, huh?
Looks like this stuff isn't going to expire anytime soon...

Yeah, the "use by" date is about a hundred years from now...

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Did Luna inject that into his kneecap?
Some more :science: and :spergin: but yep, Luna just did an intraosseous injection. In real life though, such a technique is actually used to set up a continuous infusion through the upper tibia (bone below kneecap). This offers very good vein access and can be used as an alternative to traditional intravenous access, especially in paediatric patients with difficult veins or are thrashing about like now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraosseous_infusion

Also, a picture of a real-life bone injection gun:

Pringles Monster fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Oct 9, 2013

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Jynxite posted:

I'm curious as to what happens when we die, so going with Dio seems like the most interesting choice. Not only will we get to see if he risks killing us so he doesn't lose any points, if he DOES betray us, we take out the crazy axe murderer as well! It's a win-win!

I'm also interested in attempting to get some more characterization out of him. We have a lot from Tenmyouji (most of it from before we even went with him!), a good bit with Phido and Luna, a little bit more with Quark now, a decent amount with K, but almost nothing from Alice, Dio, and Clover. This will be a good place to get some development from two of those people.
Clover will still survive with 4 points. Also, despite Dio's douchebaggery, it's a huge risk for him to hit Betray and knowingly murder another player, while having everyone else in the group know that you're the only person fully responsible for it. It also doesn't seem like the rest of the group has taken kindly towards Dio anyway, so he probably can't easily escape by himself.

:ssh:: Not that hitting Ally with Dio is in any way, a good or safe idea.

Pringles Monster fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 11, 2013

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

And Clover is still Japanese. Pretty much the entirety of 999's cast is Japanese, even in the English version.

Aren't Light and Clover's English surnames actually Field though, so they could still plausibly be non-Japanese? No, seriously: http://lparchive.org/999-Nine-Hours-Nine-Persons-Nine-Doors/Update%2082/

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012
I don't trust Dio to keep his side of the bargain. Remember in the previous playthrough that Dio said, "If we stay out here, I die" when Ten, Clover and Quark went missing. He also got super pissy at Phi purely because he didn't get to vote. In short, he's totally a selfish rear end in a top hat who's going to hit Betray just to get himself out ASAP, other lives be damned (and regardless of the risks posed in such a move).

It's also now a matter of time to rat out Dio's blackmailing shenanigans so he doesn't have that leverage at all. Even without that, hitting Betray is the safest option because even if Dio decides to destroy the medicine, well, he's the one who pulled the trigger.

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012
So now we can all agree to default to Betray if perchance we end up with Dio again?

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Poland Spring posted:

There is one firmly established way to do this already (heart stopping), and they DO have a doctor with them, so maybe that could be a way to remove it safely, if they can start him going again with the AED. The problem is would be stopping it long enough, in time.

Oh, and I think leaving out the 9 door MAY be a death sentence, considering all the hints that things outside may not be going so well. The whole point may not be to leave, but to stay and GET ALONG! :D

That AED won't work on Sigma since he'd suffocate from respiratory paralysis instead. The AED would only work if he somehow develops a ventricular fibrillation or tachycardia. That said, now there's a large group of people to help with ventilation and Luna's there to actually properly guide everyone through resuscitation, Sigma might still stand a chance of living after all!

I also agree that it's possible that leaving the compound might be a death sentence, mainly because of how habitable this place really is. There's way too much food and water around, as well as places to rest. Also, there's no strict time limit to leave unlike with 999. Finally, there seems to be a functional infirmary with usable medical equipment (not puzzle-specific props) and a doctor who knows how to use these, whereas the infirmary in 999 didn't actually seem to be useful for anything.

Pringles Monster fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 3, 2013

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

namesake posted:

So who went through here on the run when the handcuffs are used to kill Clover and Tenmyouji?

Dio, Quark and Ten went into the cyan door in that playthrough. Either it means Dio murdered Clover and Ten, or Ten committed suicide with Clover due to Radical-6. Dio's far more likely to have done it simply because of the 610 message and neither Clover or Ten went super-crazy-suicidal.

Edit: beaten

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Eeepies posted:

Is Dio really horrible? Admitedly, we have prove of that during the Axelavir issue, but it really looks like an extreme red herring. Imagine this from his perspective, what if his story about having a daughter is true, and she's in danger? Wouldn't he want to go rescue her at any cost, including killing Sigma? And wouldn't he be angry at Sigma if Sigma doesn't keep his promise, thus meaning that his daughter's life gets into more danger? Sure, it's not rational, but when are parents with endangered children rational?

It's less that he's willing to kill Sigma and more that he's playing with the life of another child that makes people call bullshit on the whole daughter story. Then again, some real-life parents really might do such a thing anyway for the sake of their own child. Dio's Ally vote now is very strange too, though this might be because of the lack of dead granny. He did seem to easily be driven towards desperation and resorted to really horrible means to leave quickly, as seen with his previous blackmailing plans and Phi's comments after she locked him out. In particular, the blackmail event last time was filled with so many holes that it almost seemed like a last-ditch effort to leave ASAP, consequences be damned.

It also seems weird that Alice chose Betray, given that she's hit Ally every other time and that there's no real sense of danger with the dead granny this time round. Then again, if we consider the morphogenic fields, it may explain why Phi was very pointedly trying to get Sigma to hit Betray against Luna, given that they've been betrayed by Alice and Ten in other iterations (remember that with Ten's path, Phi also didn't aggressively try to persuade a Betray vote from Sigma).

K and Clover's Betray vote was unsurprising though. Clover's quite a paranoid girl and would easily be swayed to pick Betray, and well we don't know much about K still. Plus, it seems that Clover's an ageist little brat after all :allears:

Pringles Monster fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 21, 2013

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012
So it turns out 'IG' is referring to 'immunoglobulin', as in the 'IG Replicator' back in the lab when Dio stole the cure. Assuming that the rest of the lab machines aren't just props and how important Radical-6 seems to be in this game, it seems like that someone might have tried to manufacture a treatment for Radical-6 with an immune or resistant patient. That said, it does raise the question of whether or not Axelavir is directly connected to said immunoglobulins: whether or not they're the same thing, a derivative or a completely different treatment altogether (and that the immunoglobulin approach for manufacturing the Rad-6 treatment failed).

Pringles Monster fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 6, 2014

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Green Intern posted:

That doesn't look like a healthy expression on Alice's face. I was not expecting this. And I'm waiting for someone together tossed into a treatment pod, because seriously, those things are screaming to be used.

I wonder, is that also a knife in Alice's hand too?

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Catsworth posted:

Why do they only make one copy? Then they have to use both and have no extras left to use/make copies of if they need another?

And as for the injector using the whole thing why couldn't they have just poured some into another container then poured it back in?

It seems that each bottle is only for a single dose and that splitting the dose might not have the same effectiveness. Also, I guess they're just panicking and running out of time to cure Alice and Quark so they didn't think of making loads of vials? :shrug:

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012
Dio has 5 points though, so hitting Betray won't necessarily get him out sooner.

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

Nice. Now all we need is a Luna smiley constantly pressing "ALLY".

(Luna's always picked Ally so far, right?)

So like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pringles Monster
Nov 1, 2012

Fedule posted:

Just doublechecking before throwin' it in the OP gallery. I guess it's very technically a spoiler so it'll go in the spoiler section.

Speaking of which, does anyone happen to have the version of :moreevil: with Luna and Ally (and preferably the post where it first came up)? I meant to throw that in the spoiler gallery too but I can't recall quite where in this thread it was posted.

Pringles Monster posted:

DaveWoo posted:

Nice. Now all we need is a Luna smiley constantly pressing "ALLY".

(Luna's always picked Ally so far, right?)

So like this?

• Locked thread